MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

KUL 32L in 2016

MASwings delivery flights ?

Went spotting on a hot evening of 12 Feb 2016 last Sat together with some usual suspects of KUL.

Just to share some photos when I have the time now to check them.

RJ 787 coming in early part of evening

JYBAC1w_zpsg3yac5yq.jpg

Friendly captain waving from the front seat. Good day to you Sir !! :hi:

9MMXOw%20MH624SinKUL_zps96fuyhzx.jpg

Edited by Chaity

Some catches from the past few days.

PH-BVB, KLM Asia took MWings mod, Pieter, back to AMS. :)

20160218_KUL_PH-BVB_1024_00.jpg

On 20 Feb, we had foreign visitors spotting with us - spotters from Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Poland, and Singapore joined us at KLIA.

BA sent their newest B787-9 to greet all of us. G-ZBKF

20160220_KUL_G-ZBKF_1024_00.jpg

But that was not all, we had a second visitor from BA! G-ZBKC, the relief aircraft for a 18 Feb incident (see http://avherald.com/h?article=4942e2ad&opt=0) arrived one day late.

20150220_KUL_G-ZBKC_1024_00.jpg

G-ZBKF turned around quickly and departed with passengers booked on the previous day's BA34 while G-ZBKC operated the BA34 scheduled for 20 Feb.

Wow! Any pictures of the 2 Speedbirds side-by-side at the terminal? Quite a strange management of assets, as one would think deploying a larger aircraft combining the 2 flights would make more sense. But probably BA has a spare B789 and none of the other type (i.e. A380) to do the relief work hence the outcome.

Some catches from the past few days.

PH-BVB, KLM Asia took MWings mod, Pieter, back to AMS. :)

20160218_KUL_PH-BVB_1024_00.jpg

Had a great flight and arrived 50 mins EARLY at AMS

Wow! Any pictures of the 2 Speedbirds side-by-side at the terminal?

I don't know if they were parked side by side. If I am not mistaken, ZBKF left just before ZBKC arrived.

She came in this afternoon as TK60. Turkish Airlines 300th aircraft

1920%20TK%20300th%20nose_zps7yphopjk.jpg

Went spotting on a hot evening of 12 Feb 2016 last Sat together with some usual suspects of KUL.

Just to share some photos when I have the time now to check them.

RJ 787 coming in early part of evening

JYBAC1w_zpsg3yac5yq.jpg

Friendly captain waving from the front seat. Good day to you Sir !! :hi:

9MMXOw%20MH624SinKUL_zps96fuyhzx.jpg

You have taken some very nice photos!

May i ask where is the spot that these photos were taken? I will be coming to KL next week and would be good to know some regular spots.

thanks!

Tony

May i ask where is the spot that these photos were taken? I will be coming to KL next week and would be good to know some regular spots.

Plane spotting is not something that the Malaysian authorities take kindly to, although genuine spotters are harmless. So, your personal safety must be top priority. We have had people robbed and also questioned by police/airport security from time to time. So be prepared and be vigilant, if you are spotting alone.

Runway 32L is relatively easy to access via Jalan Pekeliling. If you have a car, just drive along Jalan Pekeliling and observe the aircraft movements. Then select the locations that you prefer to shoot from. A step ladder will be very useful, should you encounter security fences. However, you should not position yourself too close to the fences.

Plane spotting is not something that the Malaysian authorities take kindly to, although genuine spotters are harmless. So, your personal safety must be top priority. We have had people robbed and also questioned by police/airport security from time to time. So be prepared and be vigilant, if you are spotting alone.

Runway 32L is relatively easy to access via Jalan Pekeliling. If you have a car, just drive along Jalan Pekeliling and observe the aircraft movements. Then select the locations that you prefer to shoot from. A step ladder will be very useful, should you encounter security fences. However, you should not position yourself too close to the fences.

Thank you Flee for your advice and the spotting information.

At this stage I will be out there on Wednesday morning and saturday for the entire day with a fellow spotter,I believe he's also actively posted here (Syafiq).

Hope to meet you and other spotters out there during my course of spotting at KLIA.

Tony

Had a great flight and arrived 50 mins EARLY at AMS

HI Pieter,

nice photo!

i went out to KLIA today near 32L and couldnt get up very high, above the fenceline so i ended up taking final approach shots at the end of 32L.

May I kindly ask the location that your photo was taken? I'd love to get above the fenceline!

thanks

Tony

HI Pieter,

nice photo!

i went out to KLIA today near 32L and couldnt get up very high, above the fenceline so i ended up taking final approach shots at the end of 32L.

May I kindly ask the location that your photo was taken? I'd love to get above the fenceline!

thanks

Tony

Better ask Flee, as he was the one to take the shot of KLM 77W (I was only on it later that night)