MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Victor A.

Firefly Flight Delay

Anyone has any idea why FY flights to and from SZB were delayed for the last few days? my flight yesterday from AOR-SZB was supposed to depart at 2.35pm but was retimed 3 times (3.30pm, 4.30pm & 6.30pm). Later on at 6.30pm, FY staff told us flight FY2165 going to be cancelled, which angered the passengers including myself, of course. Then FY staff told us our flight will be departing at 8.20pm and it did depart. Then later this evening, my return flight SZB-AOR (FY2170) which was supposed to depart at 5.15pm was again retimed to 5.45pm and only depart at 6.40pm.

I tried to get explaination from the ground staff but was told that there was some technical problem with the flight, which they did not specified. I checked around with other passengers and it seems that the flight delay was also affecting other destinations as well.

Sorry to hear about the predicament. AirAsia has been facing the same issue over the past few days. Evening flight are either heavily delayed or cancelled abruptly at last minute. Some of my friends are affected. The F B wall is PR nightmare.....

My flight today also retimed (SZB-JHB), supposed to depart at 1620 but has been retimed to 1715, just received the sms last night....

What puzzles me is this; how can they predict adverse weather a day in advance?!

It could be fleet utilization issues. I remember being told by one of my ex-colleagues about how it takes 2 days to recover from one delayed flight.