MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Nabiel Haniff

AirAsia X (D7) on AK leased

Just saw D7 flights to PEN via D7 8014 using A330 from KUL - PEN - KUL in klia2 FIDS and D7 bird was park at gate K22. Any idea about this lease?

Checked their website but thereh was no D7 flight stated.

Looks to be -XXS operating the flight.

D7 seem to be operating their entire fleet in recent days with the exception of -XXG which sustained nasty fuselage damage whilst on lease to PIA.

Since D7 operations quite loose nowadays, so leasing aircraft to AK may fully utilise D7 A333. Pax should be lucky enough to fly widebody to Penang . 😬

Was on the holding point at PEN when i realised the red cap on final was indeed a A330.

Now i wonder, how does domestic pax board the plane as K, J and odd number gates of P,Q are inaccessible to widebodies? I never saw widebody aircraft on K22

Was on the holding point at PEN when i realised the red cap on final was indeed a A330.

Now i wonder, how does domestic pax board the plane as K, J and odd number gates of P,Q are inaccessible to widebodies? I never saw widebody aircraft on K22

They only can use K22 gate for widebodies domestic departures since other K gate and J gates are not designed for widebodies

Sign in to follow this