MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAB Signed Partnership with Emirates Effective 1 February 2016

Hot hot hot from the spies at the Emirates Golden Boudoir:

First batch Malaysian FO yang secondment from MAS tu ada 35 joiners.

Second batch will be coming. 40 joiners.

Semua FO MAS offered money to resign from MAS. Memang MAS dah lingkup tak boleh buat apa they told me. Kesian theyols.

A380 MAS nobody wanna sebab configuration dia pelik. Tersadai jah kat airport. That's what they told me la.

After they found a greener pastures, they would wish to have discovered it earlier.

Good for them.

Edited by KK Lee

After they found a greener pastures, they would wish to have discovered it earlier.

Good for them.

Not really. I know of some who find it difficult to adjust especially those with families staying back in Malaysia. The singles ones meanwhile are having the time of their life. Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

A380 MAS nobody wanna sebab configuration dia pelik. Tersadai jah kat airport. That's what they told me la.

Now we have 1.5 million bangaladeshi coming over 3 years time - that means 500,000 per year, that means1,370 per day. That would warrant 3 daily flights for A380, and that would give a load of 91%

So tak payah jual A380, pakai for charter to transport the migrant workers :p

Edited by Lim Kar Yong

Malaysia Airlines starting 01MAR16 will enter phase 2 of codeshare partnership with Emirates, which sees MH code being placed on routes beyond Dubai, operated by Emirates. Planned new codeshare routes as follow.

Malaysia Airlines operated by Emirates
Dubai – Bahrain
Dubai – Barcelona
Dubai – Frankfurt
Dubai – Geneva
Dubai – Lyon
Dubai – Madrid
Dubai – Nice
Dubai – Paris CDG
Dubai – Rome
Dubai – Stockholm
Dubai – Zurich

http://airlineroute.net/2016/02/24/mhek-codeshare-mar16/

Let see if these flights are bookable through MH's website or not.

Till today, one still cannot book any MH codeshare EK operated flights on Mh's website. Right hand doesnt know what left hand is doing?

Yesterday, for only one day, a return economy fare of RM2666 KUL-DXB was advertised on MH website as one of the deals on offer. But wasnt bookable on the website despite what the offer said. Then a day later, even that offer was no longer advertised on the website!

Really poor form by MH.

NO MORE INTERLINING LUGGAGE!!!

Guess what? Due to the EXCLUSIVE code share with EK, MH now does not allow luggage to be check through to last destination with other carriers!

I've just checked in at KCH...I would have to retrieve my luggage at KUL for my onwards connection to ICN on VN...

I find this such a hassle and a wrong move on the part of MH...hopefully OD picks up where MH has left off...kinda disappointed really!

I don't think it is necessarily due to the EK relationship. I think MH had introduced the same measures before the EK deal in other stations, LHR etc.

MH will certainly do it with other carriers if on same ticket (which your itinerary is probably not) and also, perhaps, if within same OW alliance but on different tickets or on MH codeshare on a different tickets.

Very shortsighted move by MAS. They have lost the goodwill of many customers when they chopped their network... Then various cost cutting measures with their on board services including catering and cleaning... This is the final straw. Luckily in Malaysia, we have a choice of carriers so I'm sure most people will vote with their feet

NO MORE INTERLINING LUGGAGE!!!

Guess what? Due to the EXCLUSIVE code share with EK, MH now does not allow luggage to be check through to last destination with other carriers!

I've just checked in at KCH...I would have to retrieve my luggage at KUL for my onwards connection to ICN on VN...

I find this such a hassle and a wrong move on the part of MH...hopefully OD picks up where MH has left off...kinda disappointed really!

are you sure it happened because of the MH-EK partnership? Did the check in agent tell you this?

Isn't the partnership exclusive...as in between the 2 airlines? Thus MH having to give up other code sharing contract? I could be wrong but what was my understanding reading the press kit regarding the partnership...I could be wrong...

Not all codeshares.

And that being a PR kit, there is no legal definition of what "exclusive" really means...maybe it is an exclusive partnership that excludes other Dubai-based airline from tying up with MH apart from EK (e.g. as till today, you can purchase codeshare tickets on EY operated flights).

Or fly from KCH to AUH with EY-operated MH codeshare flights; or KCH-KUL-ICN on MH flights but the longer sector operated by KE, and so on

These are still available today.

I have a question then,if so...say the partnership between MH and EK is non exclusive...why did MH severe all ties with other airlines??? Does it make sense then?

Because the first airline in a multi-segment, multi-airline routing is liable for any losses or damages to the bag. For example, KCH-KUL on MH and onwards KUL-DXB on Emirates, even though the EK sector's the longer sector, MH will still be liable.

I have a question then,if so...say the partnership between MH and EK is non exclusive...why did MH severe all ties with other airlines??? Does it make sense then?

Try not to get confused.

1. MH did not severe ties with all (other) airlines. Codeshares with some other airlines still continue.

2. You baggage interlining issue is probably not related to the EK partnership. The timing is just coincidental. I assume you had bought separate VN and MH tickets, and MH just changed its policy to no longer entertain interline baggage requests for separate tickets, especially with non OW airlines

It's a shame then...MH used to allow luggage to be forwarded. So now other than OW alliance...MH do not have interlining with KL? GA? BR? And I assume CI as well?

I'd assume any non-OW/EK onward flight that's on a separate ticket would be a no-no.

Hot hot hot from the sexy and gorgeous spies at the Emirates Golden Boudoir:

Baru jek nau nau EK announced Yangon and Hanoi starting 3 August. Baru je dapat ni ha they announced dalam company email. 3 class so merasa la akak gi Hanoi and Yangon.

Question:

Isn't the objective for this EK-MH partnership is for MH to offer EK a connection in the South East Asia region? With EK launching their own flights to SEA cities like Hanoi and Yangon, what else can MH offers other than mereput?

Hot hot hot from the sexy and gorgeous spies at the Emirates Golden Boudoir:

Question:

Isn't the objective for this EK-MH partnership is for MH to offer EK a connection in the South East Asia region? With EK launching their own flights to SEA cities like Hanoi and Yangon, what else can MH offers other than mereput?

QR has been serving rgn for over 2 years. Nothing surprise here.

Sign in to follow this