MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAB Signed Partnership with Emirates Effective 1 February 2016

I agree. D7 needs to revise their strategy fast and might need to adopt a new business strategy. EK can offer some really unbeatable deals, comes with 30kg free luggage allowance, awesome IFE and countless destinations for north and South America, Europe and Africa.

I don't think EK will be interested in second hand A380. They have another 51 on order. If they want A380 'desperately', they would have taken ex-Skymark and those two Airbus production birds.

Agreed. I also think EK can channel their pax from MEL to LHR through KUL on MH2 and MH4. That may be an option.

Agreed. I also think EK can channel their pax from MEL to LHR through KUL on MH2 and MH4. That may be an option.

Not sure 2 stops over will be popular with pax from MEL to LHR. However, EK may sell North Asia destinations from MEL.

Now that we know the end date of 777 ops in MH, I wonder if there's a way to have a farewell flight in light of its history with MH - a World Record Holder for longest /fastest round the world flight (it still does because the 77L is in a different weight class :-D), and of course in memory of MH370/MH17.

If a flight is too much, perhaps an on ground memorial?

Not sure 2 stops over will be popular with pax from MEL to LHR. However, EK may sell North Asia destinations from MEL.

If EK sends MEL pax to LHR via MH2/4, it will only be one stop at KUL.

I think MEL pax are spoilt for choice if they are going to LHR. So this code share is not going to be that significant for them unless MH sells tickets dirt cheap!

I don't think EK will be interested in second hand A380. They have another 51 on order. If they want A380 'desperately', they would have taken ex-Skymark and those two Airbus production birds.

Yes, not only Skymark frames, there are those bound for Transaero too. Airbus will only be too happy to let them go at a good discount!

I think MEL pax are spoilt for choice if they are going to LHR. So this code share is not going to be that significant for them unless MH sells tickets dirt cheap!

Yes, not only Skymark frames, there are those bound for Transaero too. Airbus will only be too happy to let them go at a good discount!

Stand corrected, DXB transit was glued to my mind.

Hope after EK/MH marriage, QR ex-KUL tickets will be cheaper.

With the exception of KUL-LHR, MH routes will basically confined to 8 hours or less, similar to D7. The biggest impact from MH-EK marriage will be D7. If D7 business model doesn't change soon, D7 is unlikely to be profitable or survive.

I think that MH is now competing head on with the Airasia group and a beneficiary of this may be Malindo!

As for D7, they are now being screwed from all directions - they have very little market space to operate in. As such, I agree that they need to relook their business model. They may have to pursue more charter business with tour operators in the region to beef up income. Scheduled services are highly competitive these days as new medium haul LCCs emerge and are fighting for the same market.

It may be time for them to perhaps base one A333 each at LGK and BKI. This means that leisure travellers can get to these holiday destinations direct instead of needing to transit in KUL. LGK/BKI to SYD/MEL/OOL/PER might be something interesting for Aussie travellers.

Finally, it is time to consider merging D7 with AK to better utilise their aircraft. D7 seriously needs smaller aircraft for their thinner routes - so using AK's A320s may enable more flexibility when new routes are launched.

End of the line for the 777 fleet.

Yes, there should be a farewell flight in the pipeline.

The way MAS is going, they might eventually lease the precious LHR slots to EK......

(can't do that now....image wise)

Malaysia Airlines Cancels Amsterdam / Paris Routes from late-Jan 2016

by JL

Posted at 0340GMT 03DEC15

Malaysia Airlines today (03DEC15) has adjusted its inventory during its schedule update. In the latest update, the oneWorld member has closed reservation for Kuala Lumpur – Amsterdam and Kuala Lumpur – Paris CDG route, for travel on/after 26JAN16 (KUL departure). Last flight from KUL departs on 25JAN16, AMS on 26JAN16.

Existing schedule as follow.

Kuala Lumpur – Amsterdam

MH016 KUL2340 – 0630+1AMS 772 D

MH019 AMS1140 – 0700+1KUL 772 D

Kuala Lumpur – Paris CDG

MH020 KUL2355 – 0650+1CDG 772 D

MH021 CDG1200 – 0725+1KUL 772 D

Ek is now attacking South East Asia FSC with two airlines: QF and MH. Multiple hubs, endless possibilities.

Transaero parts have been allocated to other operators. The production sequence no longer shows UN anymore. Air Austral first A380 MSN 129 has been marked as 'Not Built'.

Transaero, Air Austral, Skymark and Virgin Atlantic A380 order are all up in smokes.....

End of the line for the 777 fleet.

Yes, there should be a farewell flight in the pipeline.

The way MAS is going, they might eventually lease the precious LHR slots to EK......

(can't do that now....image wise)

I highly doubt they will, after witnessing the un-glorious retirement of B747-400.......One can still hope though. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Will there be any formal event with press conference marking this partnership? Or just media statements in the respective airlines' website?

I highly doubt they will, after witnessing the un-glorious retirement of B747-400.......One can still hope though. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

That's because the 747's retirement coincides with the A380's arrival + induction into oneworld. Also the history of 747 operation in MH is relatively humdrum (for one it's not the first widebody that MH operated).

Will there be any formal event with press conference marking this partnership? Or just media statements in the respective airlines' website?

They should do what EK+QF did last time when they announced their partnership. Fly two A380s over KL Twin Tower!!

Canada government has been very, very conservative with flight allocation to foreign airlines, so much so that even blue chip airline like SQ couldn't make daily flight happened. In the end, they suspended all Canada bound flight even through Seoul.

Air Canada has also lobbied very very hard to block ME3 from gaining any additional flight to any major cities. EK may need to deploy their Y-heavy A380 to counter this protectionism.

Thought EK can exploit this partnership later by coaxing MH to serve additional frequencies to Canada (with EK codes in every flight). Perhaps, MH's A380s can be ustilised to good use...huhu...

Edited by Alif A. F.

That's because the 747's retirement coincides with the A380's arrival + induction into oneworld. Also the history of 747 operation in MH is relatively humdrum (for one it's not the first widebody that MH operated).

What a waste to be honest...They could have three in one ceremony! Lolx....

They should do what EK+QF did last time when they announced their partnership. Fly two A380s over KL Twin Tower!!

Done with the Red (or rather white) Kangaroo, now with the Blue Kite...

They really cant wait to get those 772s off their hands. I was at satellite on the 28th Nov and ground staff was busy handling a bunch of frustrated pax on MH20 which was delayed to 7am the next morning

Yes, I think CM already said MH does not have money to burn. Why allocate resources to a non profit generating activity?

Furthermore, the B777 is associated with MH's greatest disasters. It more like good riddance - not celebrations and nostalgia!

SUBJ SUSPENSION OF AMS N CDG SVCS EFF. 26JAN16 EX KUL UFN

-----------------------------------------------------------

THE FLWG SVCS WILL BE SUSPENDED EFF 26JAN16 EX KUL UFN:-

AA. DAILY B777 SVC MH16/19 KUL/AMS VV STD KUL2340LT

NOTE: LAST FLT EX KUL 25JAN16 N EX AMS 26JAN16.

BB. DAILY B777 SVC MH20/21 KUL/CDG VV STD KUL2355LT

NOTE: LAST FLT EX KUL 25JAN16 N EX CDG 26JAN16.

END.

there goes my direct connection...I'm pretty sure my non Malaysian colleagues would be disappointed as well...

MAS is always the preferred choice rather than a flight on Air France/KLM planes

I guess it's time to evaluate Garuda, SQ, Lufthansa

One casualty here.

I'll be out of job come end of January.

One casualty here.

I'll be out of job come end of January.

So sad to hear about this, Capt. Hope you will be able to find something better in the coming days. There are lots of B777s that need capable captains. All the best in your future undertakings.

Sign in to follow this