MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAB Signed Partnership with Emirates Effective 1 February 2016

Quite the opposite happens. We (my team of spies and I) thought that there will be more flights from KUL on EK metal after the parnership e.g. DXB-KUL-BNE, DXB-KUL-AKL etc but instead the existing DXB-KUL-MEL service is dropped.

Soon that KUL will lose 1 daily flight, can we expect the existing 3 to be all A380?

.EK 408/409 - the current DXB-KUL-MEL route which is going direct from OCT 31st. This is also the most likely to be upgraded to the A380

IS THIS TRUE?NO MORE KUL/MEL?

Yes unfortunately true, rather old news. But trust me, somebody will pick up the slack :) (as long as everything goes to plan)

Yes unfortunately true, rather old news. But trust me, somebody will pick up the slack :) (as long as everything goes to plan)

If seems that EK doesn't take MH code share seriously or MH just code-shares for name sake,otherwise this EK flight (KUL/MEL) should have been code shared with MH and and up gauged to A380 equipment, also the BKK/SYD could have been KUL/syd if code shared with MH and the tieup with MH was serious enough.

If seems that EK doesn't take MH code share seriously or MH just code-shares for name sake,otherwise this EK flight (KUL/MEL) should have been code shared with MH and and up gauged to A380 equipment, also the BKK/SYD could have been KUL/syd if code shared with MH and the tieup with MH was serious enough.

Isn't the reverse true?

They have removed competition for MH on the KUL-MEL route, just as MH has stopped flying its own metal on the KUL-DXB route.

Isn't the reverse true?

They have removed competition for MH on the KUL-MEL route, just as MH has stopped flying its own metal on the KUL-DXB route.

Indeed. I do believe the cancellation is a quid pro quo of the codesharing agreement.

An Emirates agent simply told me loads on KUL-MEL were bad.

Have traveled so many times on that sector and the loads are so so light that I thought this will surely come to an end some day. But was made to believe that its the cargo value space that EK was after with their 777 on that Mel/kul/dxb route and Vice versa.

Isn't the reverse true?

You actually think EK will put their pax on MH Kul/Mel when they can easily fly them direct to Mel as they are currently doing on their A380's which are going non stop avoiding Kul?And if their flights are full then on QF direct A380 services, choice 3 probably dxb/bkk then QF bkk/mel choice 4 dxb/kul then on MH metal onwards.

Sadly Mh needs to be more aggressive with their tie up.

Edited by Ja Singh

I have a bad feeling that Mueller screwed us. I think that he effectively wiped MH off the kangaroo route, taking one of the main players (in the past) out of the competition. Then made MH signed up a codeshare deal (and cancelling their codeshare deals with other airlines which used MH feed for their services)..

Effectively this reduced significantly KUL's role as a major transit hub.

The part about concentrating on the North Asia to Australia sector is also potentially a disastrous move. Many major carriers from China, Korea, Japan and Taiwan are now flying direct to Australia. Why would anyone want to fly with MH now, even if it's cheaper.

The worst thing of all is the after implementing this, Mueller buggers off to Emirates!! That is really suspicious

I have a bad feeling that Mueller screwed us. I think that he effectively wiped MH off the kangaroo route, taking one of the main players (in the past) out of the competition. Then made MH signed up a codeshare deal (and cancelling their codeshare deals with other airlines which used MH feed for their services)..

Effectively this reduced significantly KUL's role as a major transit hub.

The part about concentrating on the North Asia to Australia sector is also potentially a disastrous move. Many major carriers from China, Korea, Japan and Taiwan are now flying direct to Australia. Why would anyone want to fly with MH now, even if it's cheaper.

The worst thing of all is the after implementing this, Mueller buggers off to Emirates!! That is really suspicious

Hard reality that we need to shallow. I agree you with this, however one should know MH is hardly a major Kangaroo player since ME3+1 rise for past decades. They couldn't make money even if they have high load factor due to high operational cost and heavily bloated workforce back then. Mueller might have think this through with his team, the best is to kill off European routes (except LHR) and partner with someone else. Perhaps what MH can do is to explore deeper working collaboration like EK-QF tie-up rather than superficial code sharing only. QF is having stellar performance for 2015/2016 all thanks for major painful restructuring it has gone through. Who can forget the CEO ground the whole airline for few days?! Many (including myself) back then would say sack the CEO, look where they are now. MH has made many of us shallow bitter pills, problem with MH bitter pills is every year! Other airlines would have close shop after a year or two, ending the pain......

You are right Julius, deeper ties are needed with a major player. Qantas bit the bullet and they are flying high now. The situation with MAS is so dire that it is barely breaking even when other airlines are having a bumper harvest cos of the low oil prices

Edited by Izanee

Oh Please spill the beans if you have any info! Are you talking about DXB-KUL or KUL-MEL?

Emirates adds new Malaysia Airlines codeshare routes in NW16

Emirates earlier this month expanded codeshare service with Malaysia Airlines, as EK code being placed on additional 6 routes operated by the latter. Despite the placement of EK code on following routes since (approximately) 07NOV16, reservations for these codeshare service remains unavailable at present time.

Emirates operated by Malaysia Airlines

Kuala Lumpur Bandar Seri Begawan

Kuala Lumpur Bangkok

Kuala Lumpur Medan Kuala Namu

Kuala Lumpur Osaka Kansai

Kuala Lumpur Phuket

Kuala Lumpur Tokyo Narita

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/269912/emirates-adds-new-malaysia-airlines-codeshare-routes-in-nw16/

Just an update on my attempts at retroclaiming some EK-code, 3K/JQ-metal flights:

Flight Details:
EK7712: KUL - SIN
EK5062: SIN - SYD
EK5419: SYD -MEL

"Thank you for your response.

Please accept our sincere apologies for not replying in a timely manner.

We wish to inform you that only codeshare flights operated and marketed by Oneworld member airlines are eligible to accrue miles.

In this case, the flights were sold as EK flight numbers but were operated by Qantas, a Oneworld member airline.

We regret to inform you that such codeshare flights are not eligible to accrue miles.

It is hoped the above has been clarified.

Thank you for your cooperation."

:lazy: :lazy: :lazy: :lazy:

Sign in to follow this