MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Y. J. Foo

KLIA Express ERL Fare Hike Effective 1 January 2016

Hard to fathom ticket from klia to klia2 is not available at erl ticket counter at klia baggage reclaim.

While train from both platforms goes to klia2, ticket counter instructed to take from platform b only.

Edited by KK Lee

Hard to fathom ticket from klia to klia2 is not available at erl ticket counter at klia baggage reclaim.

I've done the reverse before. Strange. Edited by Chris Tan

I decided to take the RM 10 Airport Coach from KLIA to KL Sentral for the first time recently as a PROTEST to this KLIA Express fare hike. Not bad if time is at your disposal. Rather surprised to see a kebaya clad lass on the coach too. The traffic jam can get horrendous though. I think this will be my new standard method given the circumstances. Heck it even the choice now for MH stewardesses.

On my way back unfortunately, time is the essence hence I (reluctantly) had to take the RM 55 one way journey to KLIA (I don't have a Mastercard to qualify for the RM 40 ticket). I noticed the load is extremely light for what supposed to be a rush hour. Has it always been the case since the fare hike? If it is, then good and padan muka kau.

I decided to take the RM 10 Airport Coach from KLIA to KL Sentral for the first time recently as a PROTEST to this KLIA Express fare hike. Not bad if time is at your disposal. Rather surprised to see a kebaya clad lass on the coach too. The traffic jam can get horrendous though. I think this will be my new standard method given the circumstances. Heck it even the choice now for MH stewardesses.

On my way back unfortunately, time is the essence hence I (reluctantly) had to take the RM 55 one way journey to KLIA (I don't have a Mastercard to qualify for the RM 40 ticket). I noticed the load is extremely light for what supposed to be a rush hour. Has it always been the case since the fare hike? If it is, then good and padan muka kau.

In the past, I don't mind taking LRT or get someone to drop me at Sentral so that I could catch KLIA Express to the airport. Now, I might as well take a taxi to the airport, and it is just that bit extra after factoring in the LRT ride.

Took a cab from Saujana Hotel opposite Citta Mall to KLIA2 last month and it costed RM88.

MP SPEAKS If you have taken a flight out of KLIA or KLIA 2 recently, did you know that you paid RM1 if you took a domestic flight and RM5 if you took an international flight to Express Rail Link (ERL) Sdn Bhd, the company which operates the high speed train from the airport to KL Sentral?

These ERL charges, which started in 2002, have cost passengers a total of RM583.66 million, as of June 2015.

Did you also know that under the existing concession agreement, the price of a one-way ticket from KL Sentral to KLIA would increase to RM97 in 2019 and RM126 in 2024?

The four-fold increase in the initial starting price of RM31 in 1999 to RM126 in 2024 translates to an annual increase of 5.8 percent (at a compounded rate), which is far higher than the annual inflation rate of approximately three percent.

Finally, would it surprise you that ERL Sdn Bhd sent a bill to the federal government for RM2.9 billion in 2015 - as compensation because of deferred ticket price increases?

These are some of the reasons that led the auditor-general to conclude that the government did not get the ‘best value for money’ for the lopsided concession agreement with ERL Sdn Bhd.

I wonder how much it would cost for the gomen to just buy the ERL from Francis Yeoh and put it under Prasarana/Rapid. Is it really a cash cow for the YTL group?

Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

Same excuses against nationalising tolled highways will be used. Besides, the government is bankrupt now, so got no money for such takeovers...

Same excuses against nationalising tolled highways will be used. Besides, the government is bankrupt now, so got no money for such takeovers...

Well, they've been on a public transport building spree lately with Najib taking a personal interest even during the KJ line breakdowns. He's using PT to score brownie points with the urbanites so why not show his care by buying ERL? Surely there are things that YTL craves and the gomen can give in part exchange.

Well, they've been on a public transport building spree lately with Najib taking a personal interest even during the KJ line breakdowns. He's using PT to score brownie points with the urbanites so why not show his care by buying ERL? Surely there are things that YTL craves and the gomen can give in part exchange.

MRT & other public transport projects benefit many. Buying out ERL benefits only the few.

ERL under YTL is doing just fine. They dont need rescueing unline those days when STAR and PUTRA lrt need to be taken over and put under one umbrella.

If it aint broke, dont fix. Well of course the fare structure and gradual hikes according to concession agreement can always be renegotiated.

The mistake was keeping the fares unchanged for a long time. Increasing it drastically overnight creates too much of a shocker to the system.

It would have been better if the fares were gradually increased over the years, making it easier for travellers to adjust to the fare hikes.

I'd also like to see the government extending the ERL to the western side of the Klang Valley. The ERL is useless for anyone in the suburbs of PJ, Subang, Klang, Shah Alam, etc. It requires significant backtracking from KL Sentral.

The mistake was keeping the fares unchanged for a long time. Increasing it drastically overnight creates too much of a shocker to the system.

It would have been better if the fares were gradually increased over the years, making it easier for travellers to adjust to the fare hikes.

I'd also like to see the government extending the ERL to the western side of the Klang Valley. The ERL is useless for anyone in the suburbs of PJ, Subang, Klang, Shah Alam, etc. It requires significant backtracking from KL Sentral.

Airport transit has always been focused on one station.

What's better would be to extend the MRT to KLIA. But I guess the Putrajaya Sentral interchange planned for 2022 would be good enough

Airport transit has always been focused on one station.

What's better would be to extend the MRT to KLIA. But I guess the Putrajaya Sentral interchange planned for 2022 would be good enough

I think they will do that once there are more developments between Putrajaya and Klia. (Klia Aeropolis?)

MRT & other public transport projects benefit many. Buying out ERL benefits only the few.

If one knows how much is mrt construction cost will understand why mo1 is keen to approve mrt, lrt projects.

If one knows how much is mrt construction cost will understand why mo1 is keen to approve mrt, lrt projects.

I'm not in the rail business but at about USD 115 million per KM for line 1, that's quite a competitive rate right considering that about 20% of the line is underground..the all underground Singapore Thomson line is slated to cost around USD 500 million per KM

I'm not in the rail business but at about USD 115 million per KM for line 1, that's quite a competitive rate right considering that about 20% of the line is underground..the all underground Singapore Thomson line is slated to cost around USD 500 million per KM

Those worked on double track project find otherwise.

Edited by KK Lee

Sign in to follow this