MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KK Lee

KLIA MTB Expansion

I hope there will be a transit hotel (a Plaza Premium Lounge or a Container Hotel) inside the MTB landside area specifically at the abandoned arrival level.

There's an illustration of the expanded MTB here, not sure if it is official or not:

7-1.jpg

But I am happy that it is not that far off from what I imagined.

This is my 2nd attempt at the proposal.

I think this is a better layout as it can increase the gate count (capacity) tremendously. But 1 pair of taxiway has to be sacrificed. I can't think of any other suggestion for the landside apart from getting that square shape around the existing structure becomes a perfectly symmetrical bigger rectangle.

35k4p39.png

Just a masterplan. We've seen it change ;)

There was a rumor, if May 9th happened differently, we would have seen something else in between Runway 3 and 4.

In my personal opinion, i still think expansion is best served by utilising LTCP space opposite MTB and build another MTB (Terminal 3, assuming KLIA2 is Terminal 2). But that space is gone now that they are building KL ATCC.

Talking about maximising available space.

But i am nobody

In my personal opinion, i still think expansion is best served by utilising LTCP space opposite MTB and build another MTB (Terminal 3, assuming KLIA2 is Terminal 2). But that space is gone now that they are building KL ATCC.

Talking about maximising available space.

But i am nobody

Your thoughts of another terminal at the Long Term Car Park was in the original KLIA master plan, which, seems to have changed many times over the years.

DXcVy1QV4AEMPjE.jpg