MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
affendi osman

MAB New Business Class Seat on All Existing 15 A333 from 1 April 2016

Anyone has the latest list for upgraded A333? I counted the following which are done: 9M-MTA, B ,C, D,E,F,G,I, J, K, L, M, N, O
How about 9M-MTH?
Also, anyone has the new seat map for refurbished A333? MAB seems to have removed all seat maps from their website.

The completed ones are A,B,C,G,H,I,J,L,M,N,O . D in the works , E, F and K not done.

How much is the pitch exactly in rows 9 and 10 on the refurbished aircraft?

Not sure for the full list but MTD will be flying soon as retrofitting is nearly completed.

For seat configuration, you can try to refer this but bear in mind that this config doesnt include with Y+

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Malaysia_Airlines/Malaysia_Airlines_Airbus_A330-300_V2.php

Tango delta returned to service this morning :) that leaves only Echo foxtrot Kilo to go :)

I would think that the Throne Seats if available, is great if you need the 2 side panels to keep/place your things...if your aim is to sleep...I would choose the Single seats...closer to the window...for privacy...

Just saying...haven't had the chance to try it yet.

for single traveller, which is the better - single or throne seat?

Singles that have the console on the window side - have a bit more open space for the feet to sleep sideways. Big advantage over the thrones. People generally think the thrones are the best and all - but they're terrible for sleeping in, and the double consoles hem you in width wise. Very quickly fell out of love with those early on.

Any notable difference between first row throne versus other rows' thrones?

4K and 6K are identical. 1K on the other hand, has a squarer and larger footwell, which is good. 1K also has a small area or gap forward of the console on the window side at floor level, behind the bulkhead - which I find useful for putting things like handbags in. 4K and 6K do not have this.

Big minus of 1K vs the other thrones is that there's a galley light that shines pretty much straight at your face. It's very annoying on a night flight if the curtain isn't drawn and people tend to bump into the seat complex when returning from the lavatory

4K and 6K are identical. 1K on the other hand, has a squarer and larger footwell, which is good. 1K also has a small area or gap forward of the console on the window side at floor level, behind the bulkhead - which I find useful for putting things like handbags in. 4K and 6K do not have this.

Big minus of 1K vs the other thrones is that there's a galley light that shines pretty much straight at your face. It's very annoying on a night flight if the curtain isn't drawn and people tend to bump into the seat complex when returning from the lavatory

I like this in depth analysis of the seat! 👍

You know EVERY SEAT in J better than I know my driver seat in the car I drive every day ! :D

I will just settle over any J seat over Y any day.....

Sadly, this isn't a J vs Y situation. This is about getting the best seat on a J ticket which you've paid good money for. As Suzanne has explained in great detail, not all seats are created equal.

Not really :( Just observant that's all :)

Many thanks guru - I knew the answer to my question will be detailed and perfect. The singles with console on window side are 1A, 4A and 6A?

Edited by V Wong

Throne seat on the first row is a must if you're a single traveller.

People bumping into your seat is not as bad as it would be on seat 1D (as this seat is misaligned from the aisle entrance).

You get a much better foot well and it does not feel as claustrophobic. I found the standard seats to be small-ish. Throne seats also offers plenty of storage to keep all your items nearby for handy access.

Many thanks guru - I knew the answer to my question will be detailed and perfect. The singles with console on window side are 1A, 4A and 6A?

Yes. The ones with the console on the window side are 1,4 and 6A