MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
affendi osman

MAB New Business Class Seat on All Existing 15 A333 from 1 April 2016

Any info which bird is in line right now?

Delta and Kilo haven't flown for a few days. If i were to guess either of those two will go next.

The current refurb fleet is 11 out of 15 - only Delta, Echo, Foxtrot and Kilo haven't had them yet.

Delta and Kilo haven't flown for a few days. If i were to guess either of those two will go next.

The current refurb fleet is 11 out of 15 - only Delta, Echo, Foxtrot and Kilo haven't had them yet.

So much for that - Tango Kilo just ran off to Jakarta as 723. I guess Tango Delta it is then.

So much for that - Tango Kilo just ran off to Jakarta as 723. I guess Tango Delta it is then.

You are right :drinks: . Tango Delta is at Line 4 Hangar 6, the maintenance crews are trying hard to release it on time

Any particular reasons for the equipment upgrade? From 738 to 333?

Any particular reasons for the equipment upgrade? From 738 to 333?

Off topic but GA on 29th October will be sending their 330 to KUL too, morning flight (did a dummy booking and found that)

Too bad...MH 66/67 will only receive the new seats on the 29th this month...

By the way, how many toilets are allocated for J in the new cabin?

As for the lavatories - yeah 1 for 27 is kinda crowded especially just before landing. The IFS sometimes blocks the rear starboard lav for J pax, so it's not so bad.

If I am not mistaken (based on my previous experience), there are 2. 1 at the front and 1 at the back of the cabin.

Edited by affendi osman

One in front, two at the back of the J cabin which is somewhat shared Edited by Walter Sim

If I am not mistaken (based on my previous experience), there are 2. 1 at the front and 1 at the back of the cabin.

One in front, two at the back of the J cabin which is somewhat shared

It's an IFS call usually. The two at the back of the J cabin, depending on the load are assigned like this:

The port one is usually a Y lav.

The starboard one is designated a J lav if the J load is heavy, Y if J is light. Doesn't stop J pax from using either of the 2 if they so wish.

You'll know by the amenities they put inside.

But isn't there a supposed Premium Economy directly behind J now?

Supposedly has an extra 2 inches of leg room everything else is Y in terms of seat and servings. My FA friend have told me most of the crew that are assigned on J have a dislike on it as the J kitchen galley is behind this supposed row, so everytime they roll out the inflight meal pax would always ask are those their meals :rofl:

On another note the new J seats reception has been mostly polorized. Most of the complaints are the issues with leg room when the seat goes fully reclined an average caucasian or 6 footer would have to curve their knees and sleep sideways which could be bothersome for some.

Edited by jahur

Ya...back then the J cabin goes further back...going right into the washrooms...now if the one behind the cockpit is occupied...J pax would have to pass 2 rows of Y to get to the WC...

It's an IFS call usually. The two at the back of the J cabin, depending on the load are assigned like this:

The port one is usually a Y lav.

The starboard one is designated a J lav if the J load is heavy, Y if J is light. Doesn't stop J pax from using either of the 2 if they so wish.

You'll know by the amenities they put inside.

Ahaaaa

Now it makes sense.

I asked an IFS on what the actual toilet allocation system on the 333.

For now, yes - it is confusing.

Going forwards, once Y+ is officially launched, both toilets at the back will be both J but Y+ will also have access to them. Y- will not.

But it is a compromise given the still odd layout and having to deal with curtains and the Y+ crowd etc as one moves through cabins.

(So apart from extra inches added to pitch, Y+ pax may be able to luxuriate in J toilet amenities).

I asked an IFS on what the actual toilet allocation system on the 333.

For now, yes - it is confusing.

Going forwards, once Y+ is officially launched, both toilets at the back will be both J but Y+ will also have access to them. Y- will not.

But it is a compromise given the still odd layout and having to deal with curtains and the Y+ crowd etc as one moves through cabins.

(So apart from extra inches added to pitch, Y+ pax may be able to luxuriate in J toilet amenities).

Definitely confusing ! Wake up about an hour before landing on a MH88/149/123 or similar - and right now there's a chance you don't get to brush your teeth thanks to the queues.

Anyone has the latest list for upgraded A333? I counted the following which are done: 9M-MTA, B ,C, D,E,F,G,I, J, K, L, M, N, O

How about 9M-MTH?

Also, anyone has the new seat map for refurbished A333? MAB seems to have removed all seat maps from their website.

Anyone has the latest list for upgraded A333? I counted the following which are done: 9M-MTA, B ,C, D,E,F,G,I, J, K, L, M, N, O
How about 9M-MTH?
Also, anyone has the new seat map for refurbished A333? MAB seems to have removed all seat maps from their website.

Not sure for the full list but MTD will be flying soon as retrofitting is nearly completed.

For seat configuration, you can try to refer this but bear in mind that this config doesnt include with Y+

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Malaysia_Airlines/Malaysia_Airlines_Airbus_A330-300_V2.php

Edited by Wan