MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
affendi osman

MAB New Business Class Seat on All Existing 15 A333 from 1 April 2016

How long does it take to complete this upgrade?

5 months for all 15 A330s according to one of the articles I read (AusBT I think).

First aircraft will enter hangar in April 2016. All 15 A333 will be completed by end of September 2016.

Y class is competitive enough, just need better IFE choices and meals.

First aircraft will enter hangar in April 2016. All 15 A333 will be completed by end of September 2016.

I would think the first A333 will be flying with the new J in April, rather than entering the hangar.

and amenities...and better service delivery

The seat here looks slightly different from the unveiling ceremony in London in November 2015. Has there been some tweaking done? And completion in all 15 A333s is scheduled in September 2016.

http://www.thompsonaero.com/news-and-events/71/malaysian-airlines-unveil-thompson-vantage-on-a330-fleet

mal-seat1.jpg

The seat here looks slightly different from the unveiling ceremony in London in November 2015. Has there been some tweaking done? And completion in all 15 A333s is scheduled in September 2016.

http://www.thompsonaero.com/news-and-events/71/malaysian-airlines-unveil-thompson-vantage-on-a330-fleet

mal-seat1.jpg

I think it looks nicer in the thompsonaero press release, colour tones very much in line with the A388's current business class

Interesting that MH still sticks to the "Freedom of Space" theme after all these years.

Anyway, cabin looks good!

I think the one released at the WTM 2016 London was the generic off shelf version. The one above are after customization, made with colour palette selection and refinement. MH version is much more contoured with roudn edges compared to other airlines which opted for for 'boxy' finishing.

Glad that the nature theme lives on with MAB. If we can read between the line, the new J class seats actually exudes hints of MBA branding....

TBH, 15 aircraft to be refurbished over six months is quite a feat...Kudos to MH Engineering team.....:)

We are waiting for much anticipation!

TBH, 15 aircraft to be refurbished over six months is quite a feat...Kudos to MH Engineering team..... :)

We are waiting for much anticipation!

Yes, we have to remember that they need to work on very tight schedules and fitting out more than two aircraft per month and not cause too much disruption is quite a challenge.

I think April is when the first aircraft with the new cabin enters service. September is when all 15 aircraft will be in service with the new cabin.

Looks like I was wrong then to assume all to be completed by April.

Since all 15 aircrafts to be completed by Sept, then it will be like a roulette to see which plane you end up with between April to Sept for J class. Since the number of seats is also reduced, seat allocation will be a challenge if there is a last minute aircraft change

Edited by Jeffery Lim

is that the new logo adorning the walls of the seats..i could see substantial difference from the current logo and the obvious one being blank/white innards of the wau..or it could be decorative styling of some sort....

is that the new logo adorning the walls of the seats..i could see substantial difference from the current logo and the obvious one being blank/white innards of the wau..or it could be decorative styling of some sort....

Thanks for mentioning that. I never saw it until you pointed it out. It could be just a pattern, but on closer inspection they could be new wau's. It looks a bit top heavy, doesn't have the balance like the current one.

y0whr5S.jpg