MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

AirAsia’s Group CEO over the moon with Best Cabin Crew award

CSfzQ0CUAAAURGY.jpg

Tony Fernandes thanks his All Stars for making AirAsia the first low cost carrier to beat full services airlines at the 22nd Annual World Travel Awards.

PETALING JAYA: Having his cabin crew recognised for being the best, even better that those of full service airlines has been a dream of Tony Fernandes’ for 14 years and one that became reality last night.
At the 22nd Annual World Travel Awards (Asia & Australasia) ceremony held in Hong Kong, AirAsia swept the award for Best Cabin Crew, beating for the first time ever, other prestigious, more established full service airlines in the process.
Edited by flee

Actually the Group CEO's first reaction on Twitter also indicated disbelief!

Cabin crew are human - there are good ones and there are also ones with attitude. In my flights with AK/FD/D7, most of the cabin crew are OK.

Cabin crew are human - there are good ones and there are also ones with attitude

I agree, it is very much a game of lottery - good apples, bad oranges abound :)

At the same time, our perception of crew also affected by our own mood on the day of travel too :D

Actually the Group CEO's first reaction on Twitter also indicated disbelief!

Cabin crew are human - there are good ones and there are also ones with attitude. In my flights with AK/FD/D7, most of the cabin crew are OK.

agree with that but they must have certain standards and criteria in selecting the recipient for this award...just cant fathom how AK's crews whose task is mainly to sell BOB items and disappear in the galleys can beat other full service carriers......

agree with that but they must have certain standards and criteria in selecting the recipient for this award...just cant fathom how AK's crews whose task is mainly to sell BOB items and disappear in the galleys can beat other full service carriers......

The World Travel Awards are a vote type award - garner the most votes & you win.

Personally I think awards such as this or Skytrax are no longer relevant - it's easily gamed.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

On a recent trip with Jeju Air, I thought that their FAs level of attentiveness, service, manners, deportment, etc beat many FSC hands down, and was wondering why AirAsia's service is so bad and far behind it comparatively. Free hand sanitizer towel, many rounds of free water for a short 2.5 hours flight. Yet this award is.... un-un-un-believable...

Edited by V Wong

frankly, though air asia is not that good per ur experience, you never seen the worst, i remember i flying PG Guangzhou using China Southern, their FA service level is way below par. Air Asia ia way better than them.

frankly, though air asia is not that good per ur experience, you never seen the worst, i remember i flying PG Guangzhou using China Southern, their FA service level is way below par. Air Asia ia way better than them.

China Southern....ugh, I totally agree with you.......Rude as hell!! Too bad I look like mainland Chinese.....and they treated me as one....

Sign in to follow this