MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

MAB A350-900 Regional Flights to PEN, BKK, SIN & BKI from 9 December 2017

Besides, A380 business class is inferior product as compared to new A330 business class they promoted lately. Possibly same 1-2-1, 1-2-2 business class as A330 with 2 extra row to accommodate extra 9 seats in A350. But wider cabin width on A350 makes refinement of new J class, possible. First class highly to be Vantage First/super business product which Thompson said to launch to unnamed operator at end of 2017.

Edited by Wan

According to CAPA analysis, MH A359 to be configured with four-class with 4 first class seats, 36 business class seats , 27 premium class seats and 220 economy class seats. Thompson is supplying the first ( Vantage XL? ) and business class seats ( Vantage? ), while the economy seats are being supplied by B/E Aerospace.

Eehh... is this the latest one from CAPA? I thought MH did mentioned earlier in their FB posting that it will be a 3 class configuration

Eehh... is this the latest one from CAPA? I thought MH did mentioned earlier in their FB posting that it will be a 3 class configuration

There was a MH insider who leaked the supposedly final configuration. It is four class configuration. Crew bunker near 1L door.

from http://www.ausbt.com.au/vantage-first-qantas-a330-boeing-787-business-class-seat-gets-first-class-upgrade

The Vantage First is built on the same platform as the Vantage XL – which gives it the same passenger-friendly 1-2-1 layout, lie-flat bad and recline for taxi, take-off and landing.

The dimensions are also in the same ballpark – with seat width up to 61cm (24 inches) and a bed that's 2m (79 inches) from top to toes – although the video screen is supersized to a massive 32 inches (81cm).

But there's "more personal space for relaxation, fine dining or sleeping", more space for stowing your personal kit and a greater focus on privacy, with a movable screen between the middle seats plus an option for suite doors.

Thompson also considers the Vantage First as a "super business product" which for airlines rolling out its Vantage business class and "looking for additional revenue /upsell opportunities."

862,793-577af93633904a3ab8577b45767f2254 862,793-577c43d69fd446d683d71ddb767f2254

862,793-577af924049040a7a0697b02767f2254

SAS Vantage XL business class

84ad51a8409e30be_org.jpg

A simple mini bar perhaps

90b6018c513bc75c_org.jpg?w=710&h=474

How would the Vantage XL compare to the angled seating on Qatar, Cathay Pacific

1455069120560.jpg

As a passenger I would prefer Vantage XL.

At least I'll have a choice of being seated right next to my partner, as well as the much appreciated extra shoulder space.

I highly doubt that the A350s will have First Class. It makes absolutely no commercial sense. It will be a 3-class layout of J, Y+ and Y.

I highly doubt that the A350s will have First Class. It makes absolutely no commercial sense. It will be a 3-class layout of J, Y+ and Y.

The steady stream of Datuks and Tan Sris would disagree with you :)

I'll need to Google this to find out, but IIRC, the profit margins on First Classes are so large that just filling 1 of 4 seats (1-2-1) would be more than enough to break even. So I don't see why not.

It's usually the passengers in F/J that's subsidising the fares for those in Y most of the time anyway.

Well, too bad for them!

For someone who speaks of "commercial sense" with such confidence, you sure know how to contradict yourself.

Demand for F exists, especially to/from LHR. Doing away with F will not make those VIPs settle for J. Who gains? Hint: Not MH.

Don't really mind if A350 doesnt have First Class as long as business class MH offers at least similar or on par with new Delta One suite offering on their A350. The seat is customly from Vantage XL product with sliding door for extra privacy.

I'll need to Google this to find out, but IIRC, the profit margins on First Classes are so large that just filling 1 of 4 seats (1-2-1) would be more than enough to break even. So I don't see why not.

It's usually the passengers in F/J that's subsidising the fares for those in Y most of the time anyway.

As long as they pay for the seats, it would be fine. The problem - a lot of first class pax are free upgrades from business class - so there is no extra revenue.

As long as they pay for the seats, it would be fine. The problem - a lot of first class pax are free upgrades from business class - so there is no extra revenue.

There is a value attached to FFP miles, redemption upgrade is not free or zero incremental revenue.

Just managed to view the Vantage First images above. Looks pretty smart actually, being able to have a Super Business Suite or a simple First like product without taking much more additional space over the XL product as well. Very clever.

I only hope that MH will move to Vantage XL for their business product with the A350, and later on introduce the same for their A330 fleet. While the Vantage is an upgrade over the previous product, it is still lacking behind Qantas and the likes. With the offers of cheaper One World redemption, I've been opting to fly with other carriers more instead as MH's own metal as they are now just average. Previously it was below.

The A350 is replacing the MAB flagship A380 - so I won't be surprised if its configuration will reflect that "flagship" status!

For someone who speaks of "commercial sense" with such confidence, you sure know how to contradict yourself.

Demand for F exists, especially to/from LHR. Doing away with F will not make those VIPs settle for J. Who gains? Hint: Not MH.

Whilst I agree that LHR has F demand, I don't see anywhere else where there would be.

An easy solution would be for the A350 fleet to be mixed between those with F and without, like how EK does with their A380's.

However then fleet commonality would suffer especially if there are only a few aircraft.

Do these people actually pay for their F seats? If the airline is getting actual money for them, then fine. I don't have a problem with it but I do have a problem with VIPs who think they are entitled to it and feel they shouldn't have to pay for it. Edited by Josh T

Do these people actually pay for their F seats? If the airline is getting actual money for them, then fine. I don't have a problem with it but I do have a problem with VIPs who think they are entitled to it and feel they shouldn't have to pay for it.

Gomen is paying mh full fare on all their tickets.

I know that the Johor royalty does not take MH. If somehow their private jets are not available, they will cross the causeway to get on SQ. Some of the princes even boasted on soc med that SQ is their only choice

Gomen is paying mh full fare on all their tickets.

Its not an MH thing where government pays high price for government staff / government funded flight tickets. They even pay AK and OD full fare when there is a need to ferry people from one place to another. I've seen tickets for medical patients transferred from east malaysia to HKL via AK costing beyond RM2k for return fares, fully paid by govt of course.

If MAB does have a first class cabin on their Airbus A350-900, it will be the first airline to do so. So far, all airlines that have taken delivery of the A350 did not fit first class cabins in them.

I, for one, think that MAB should only have J, Y+ and Y class offering. The "brand" is too damaged to actually command a "premium" price tag. MAB just cannot command premium passengers market like those of SQ, CX and QR alike. Malaysia is leisure driven market.........However, this is my personal opinion though. :)

If MAB does have a first class cabin on their Airbus A350-900, it will be the first airline to do so. So far, all airlines that have taken delivery of the A350 did not fit first class cabins in them.

It should also be noted that many other A350 airlines also have a far superior hard business product as well.

I am very keen to know what kind of hard products MAB will be placing in their A350.