MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

MAB A350-900 Regional Flights to PEN, BKK, SIN & BKI from 9 December 2017

Lucky BKI...KCH is forever in sidelined...

The frustration right now is unreal. Even if we do get it, it'll be quite a while after BKI, just like when the A320neo was introduced into AK fleet.

The frustration right now is unreal. Even if we do get it, it'll be quite a while after BKI, just like when the A320neo was introduced into AK fleet.

I'm not sure I get the frustration over not getting the A320neo. How different is it from the A320ceo, from a passenger's perspective?

I can understand if it's an A350 vs B738, but A320 vs A320...?

I'm not sure I get the frustration over not getting the A320neo. How different is it from the A320ceo, from a passenger's perspective?

Forgive me for the confusion but I was saying that if and when KCH gets specials it is usually after other airports and I merely cited the A320neo as an example.

New toilet smell :D

Does anyone know when the first 350 will be delivered from Toulouse? Just wondering if I will be lucky to get a glimpse of her when I visit the Airbus Factory in a few weeks. :p

Edited by Kingsley

Does anyone know when the first 350 will be delivered from Toulouse? Just wondering if I will be lucky to get a glimpse of her when I visit the Airbus Factory in a few weeks. :p

It is now on the flightline - so you should be able to see it parked outside the factory. It had its first engine run on 2 November. You should still see it there if you visit in the next two weeks.

He was saying Kuching always being second choice if compare to BKI in term of sending new aircrafts or special aircraft.

No worries very sure MAB will upgauge flights to KCH just that its non schedule at the moment also be on the lookout for december 8 onwards as the A350 will be flying occasionally deployed on upgauge sectors this involves BKI,KCH,PEN randomly. Funny MAB is willing to threw the A350 around compared to A380 but looking back i believe it is due to capacity. Most of the peak season pax count dont even surpass 360 pob on widebody flights thats when the 385 seater B747-400 could still be able accommodate and can be spotted in KCH,BKI when as compared to 100+empty seats on the A380. The A350 has 286 seats so nearly compatible with the current weekly A330 upgrades BKI and KCH is having.

As for A320neo theyre great aircraft to spot but already sat on ak's one thrice i prefer ak's older a320. The Neo's repositioned galley and OKU toilet design is so tight awkward.

Edited by jahur

No worries very sure MAB will upgauge flights to KCH just that its non schedule at the moment also be on the lookout for december 8 onwards as the A350 will be flying occasionally deployed on upgauge sectors this involves BKI,KCH,PEN randomly. Funny MAB is willing to threw the A350 around compared to A380 but looking back i believe it is due to capacity. Most of the peak season pax count dont even surpass 360 pob on widebody flights thats when the 385 seater B747-400 could still be able accommodate and can be spotted in KCH,BKI when as compared to 100+empty seats on the A380. The A350 has 286 seats so nearly compatible with the current weekly A330 upgrades BKI and KCH is having.

Can BKI, KCH and PEN even handle A380 flights properly?

BKI already has a gate readied and prepped at bay 2 at terminal 1. While terminal 2 has already accommodated a bbj 748 before. It is more of a question of ground handling efficiency which likely doesn't affect much apart from slight turnaround delay.

Edited by jahur

BKI already has a gate readied and prepped at bay 2 at terminal 1

As it is, the self loading cargos will not be loading and unloading under current 380 procedures :)

As for A320neo theyre great aircraft to spot but already sat on ak's one thrice i prefer ak's older a320. The Neo's repositioned galley and OKU toilet design is so tight awkward.

If you are in the Neo, use the forward toilet - the Spaceflex toilet is only good if you ask the crew to configure it for OKU! :rofl:

I was literally kidding when I said new toilet smell, but seriously? lol

Gate 9 of KCH is also A380-ready. However, I doubt the taxiways have shoulders wide enough for A380 movement. Not sure about the PCN strength of the runways too.

Brunei's Sultan Bolkiah also visited KCH with his new B748i BBJ to pay respects to late CM Adenan last year.

Gate 9 of KCH is also A380-ready. However, I doubt the taxiways have shoulders wide enough for A380 movement. Not sure about the PCN strength of the runways too.

Brunei's Sultan Bolkiah also visited KCH with his new B748i BBJ to pay respects to late CM Adenan last year.

http://www.aircraft.airbus.com/aircraftfamilies/passengeraircraft/a380family/airlines-destinations/airport-compatibility/

KCH is not on the list

It is now on the flightline - so you should be able to see it parked outside the factory. It had its first engine run on 2 November. You should still see it there if you visit in the next two weeks.

Thanks for the info !

Ah yes, thanks for clarification! I always doubt it could really handle it. By the way, my claim on Gate 9 being A380-ready is from DCA's 2007 AIP Supplement for KCH: http://aip.dca.gov.my/aip%20pdf%20new/AIP%20SUPP/AIPSUPP%20200725%20wbgg.pdf

Seems that list is based on recommendation taking all aspects into consideration as per requirement that the A380 require Code F designated airport. However most a380 can handle airports in South East Asia with long runways and sufficient gate width and also with payload modification and careful operation during taxing.

Edited by jahur

Latest leakage from the MH Rumour Department:

Premium Economy blue seats. Separated from Economy by a hanging divider ala KLM. Toilets at the center Economy cabin near door 3 can be combined to form 1 large toilet from 2. There is no center head compartments in First and Business. Windows in First and Business will be the electronic shades like in the old First on the B744. First seat is Thompson Vantage XL. Business seat is Thompson Vantage. Economy Plus and Economy seats are B/E Aerospace Pinnacle B. 9M-MAB is arriving at the end of this month. 9M-MAC is arriving on Christmas Day.

Is this Premium Economy seat similar to what's currently on the A330 where there's just a private section/more leg room? Or are there any noticeable hard product differences?

With the wider cabin of the A350 but using of the similar Thompson Vantage, hopefully this would mean more storage/wider seats.