MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

MAB A350-900 Regional Flights to PEN, BKK, SIN & BKI from 9 December 2017

NIce video. Btw is it possible to mount suction cup for GoPro on the window? Planning to record some take off and landing using GoPro.

I dont have one myself but have seen folks seated around me doing so. The suction remained stuck to the window screen although I wouldnt know if the vibrations messed things up or not in the footage captured.

I dont have one myself but have seen folks seated around me doing so. The suction remained stuck to the window screen although I wouldnt know if the vibrations messed things up or not in the footage captured.

And that is why you either use the latest GoPro 6 or a Sony Action Camera which has fantastic image stabilization technology.

Just found out some of throne seats on the a350 have pretty good legroom when configured fully flat especially 9A and 9K you can sleep sideways nicely while thrones like seat 5k have tight space for your feet.

So far didn't notice the throne seats in A333 having this big hole under the ife that allows sleeping on the side. Overall nice aircraft.

And that is why you either use the latest GoPro 6 or a Sony Action Camera which has fantastic image stabilization technology.

Problem with equipment is one thing, does it generate any unwanted attention from the crew as I read somewhere suction cup with gopro is a no-no on CX flight during take off and landing.

I was stopped once from taking photos of the cabin, and of all the airlines in the world, Scoot did it!

I'm tempted to get one of those gimbal gizmo for my camera - anyone care to speculate if that will prevent those jerky pictures when the plane touches down and do the shudders ? :)

Nicely edited video and thanks for sharing your review! :clapping:

NIce video. Btw is it possible to mount suction cup for GoPro on the window? Planning to record some take off and landing using GoPro.

Problem with equipment is one thing, does it generate any unwanted attention from the crew as I read somewhere suction cup with gopro is a no-no on CX flight during take off and landing.

I was stopped once from taking photos of the cabin, and of all the airlines in the world, Scoot did it!

I'm tempted to get one of those gimbal gizmo for my camera - anyone care to speculate if that will prevent those jerky pictures when the plane touches down and do the shudders ? :)

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Just FYI, the whole video was recorded, edited, rendered directly from my Samsung Galaxy S7. (flight mode on obviously)

The gimbal? My hand :pardon:

There is enough space around the window for a suction cup, but as noted here, some airlines frown on that.

If you want to get a camera, the new Go Pro 6 helps thanks to the OIS, or the smaller mirrorless cameras that has OIS.

iPhone 8/X and Galaxy S8/Note 8 have great OIS tho.

Please, believe a lot of people don't quite appreciate this patronising and somewhat sexist remark. If you have a beef with another person appreciate if you could make use of the private messaging feature. Thanks.

why should you care what im inferring and why should you be sensitive if you had done nothing wrong and portrayed good and exemplary attitude which you can pass down to your good mannered children?? get it together woman all ppl could see you were trying to undermine my last statement about being able to secure the F seat, if you are not concerned about being relocated to other seats that's your choice why should you impose that on others and try to be sarcastic? and when people gave it back to you you couldnt take it???

JUST SO YOU KNOW, my problem with all these fiascos is not about not getting the F seat but its about how MH handled this issue, instead of giving us direct honest answer they gave me (and all those affected) twisted adulterated reasons for the change.

I was finally given an honest explanation during check in by the supervisor that there has been some system problem and F cabin is basically blocked off from pax, maybe they dont want to give written explanation on this which may implicate them, who knows but i dont care as long as i got an honest answer from the service provider.

Firstly I don't really understand why seat selection and being able to be upgraded is so important? If you don't wanna pay for F and expect to get bumped from paying J class ticket, that is just plain cheap skate.

Why bring other's children into the argument? And calling people woman out loud is just plain sexist and lack of respect, it is very unacceptable.

When people gave you indirect answer or be sarcastic simply because we think it is not worth reasoning with unreasonable people! We do not have the power or supernatural abilities to turn stones into gold. Think of it as a kind of respect towards you, the simplest form is to go all out on you, but we reckon it is not worth lecturing others. We are kind of shy as well as we are hoping through sarcasm perhaps they will realise they are in a bit of shame and will adjust themselves a little. That of course depends on the ability, intelligence and most important of all the maturity of the subject.

Edited by S V Choong

Firstly I don't really understand why seat selection and being able to be upgraded is so important? If you don't wanna pay for F and expect to get bumped from paying J class ticket, that is just plain cheap skate.

Why bring other's children into the argument? And calling people woman out loud is just plain sexist and lack of respect, it is very unacceptable.

When people gave you indirect answer or be sarcastic simply because we think it is not worth reasoning with unreasonable people! We do not have the power or supernatural abilities to turn stones into gold. Think of it as a kind of respect towards you, the simplest form is to go all out on you, but we reckon it is not worth lecturing others. We are kind of shy as well as we are hoping through sarcasm perhaps they will realise they are in a bit of shame and will adjust themselves a little. That of course depends on the ability, intelligence and most important of all the maturity of the subject.

Totally agreed. Once they get bumped to F then they will demand F class food instead of the chicken murtabak. Human nature tak pernah cukup

Edited by hizad

Guys let's move on and focus on the topic.

yes, lets move on, ive stated my case, lets see what other so called " matured thinking people" will do. and not only i have a legal background but i am a lawyer so my thinking may differ from layman, just saying.

anyway i love the A350, had a brief but nice experience during my recent PEN trip and pax will definitely love the quietness of the cabin of this plane.cheers

yes, lets move on, ive stated my case, lets see what other so called " matured thinking people" will do. and not only i have a legal background but i am a lawyer so my thinking may differ from layman, just saying.

anyway i love the A350, had a brief but nice experience during my recent PEN trip and pax will definitely love the quietness of the cabin of this plane.cheers

Whether you are educated or not, calling people by certain remark is not right. I dont wish to see this kind of behavior from you. Move on. No more comment from this rant from now on. Back to MH A350.

Unfortunately, I don't come from a legal background, so you're best positioned to tell me about Section 6.4 of Malaysia Airlines' Conditions of Carriage.

6.4 SEATING SELECTION

We will try to honour advance seating requests. We cannot guarantee that you will be able to sit in any particular seat. We reserve the right to change your seat at any time, even after boarding of the aircraft.This may be necessary for operational, safety or security reasons.

I think we best leave the conversation as it is. After all, I'm nowhere near as qualified as you are to talk about scams and misrepresentations. Speaking of which, how's your lawsuit/Mavcom complaint coming along? The non-lawyer in me says we must teach MH a lesson by hauling them to court for giving me a J seat when I booked a J ticket, CoC be damned.

Now to get back to the topic - the A350 is indeed a very nice plane. It's even nicer when the IFS offers to move the Platinum members in J to row 1 after the meal service.

Not only you have a legal background but you are a lawyer too? The top brass of MH must be sh*tting their pants right now...

Don't mind me I am a layman and and my thinking differs from that of a donkey... and I'm totally proud of it!