MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

MAB A350-900 Regional Flights to PEN, BKK, SIN & BKI from 9 December 2017

Got to share my own video of my short trip with the A350 - sorry for the plug :pardon:

My takeaways:

- That Y+(?) section is small, but i can see people wanting to pay for it

- I like the fabric used on the seats

- The Android-based IFE is usable. But silly there is no tail-mounted camera.

- Huge windows are huge. My forehead rests on the window itself when I lean on it, rather than the bulkhead on other planes.

- The best thing about the plane - it is very quiet. Similar decibel levels i think to an a380, and just a tad quieter than the 787. I flew with an a320 back and oh man, the sounds in the cabin sungguh meriah (from the hydraulic pumps and whatnot)

Edited by Sharil Abdul Rahman

Oh, no tail mounted camera? Thought that is standard across all A350s...

At least the feed is not available on the pax IFE. All you get is a downward view which is pretty useless except for the few minutes after takeoff or before landing. Really dumb arrangement if you ask me.

At least the feed is not available on the pax IFE. All you get is a downward view which is pretty useless except for the few minutes after takeoff or before landing. Really dumb arrangement if you ask me.

The tail camera feed on the A380s only available for passengers at takeoff and landing so no big loss to be honest.

At least the downward view you can see the ground beneath you as opposed to just seeing the top of the aircraft wings & fuselage with the tail feed.

What are you inferring ? You fight like hell - and now when someone agrees with you you bring children into the equation ?

Just so you know ya ... the so called people who didnt suffer your misfortune ... we are in the same boat. I have flown the bloody plane twice. And have another 3 more to go. All booked in good money revenue J. All moved back. I dont want to speak for others above individually - but in total I counted 17 segments across these so called people being sarcastic to you.

So again. What are you inferring?. We are together arent we ?

why should you care what im inferring and why should you be sensitive if you had done nothing wrong and portrayed good and exemplary attitude which you can pass down to your good mannered children?? get it together woman all ppl could see you were trying to undermine my last statement about being able to secure the F seat, if you are not concerned about being relocated to other seats that's your choice why should you impose that on others and try to be sarcastic? and when people gave it back to you you couldnt take it???

JUST SO YOU KNOW, my problem with all these fiascos is not about not getting the F seat but its about how MH handled this issue, instead of giving us direct honest answer they gave me (and all those affected) twisted adulterated reasons for the change.

I was finally given an honest explanation during check in by the supervisor that there has been some system problem and F cabin is basically blocked off from pax, maybe they dont want to give written explanation on this which may implicate them, who knows but i dont care as long as i got an honest answer from the service provider.

Got to share my own video of my short trip with the A350 - sorry for the plug :pardon:

My takeaways:

- Huge windows are huge. My forehead rests on the window itself when I lean on it, rather than the bulkhead on other planes.

- The best thing about the plane - it is very quiet. Similar decibel levels i think to an a380, and just a tad quieter than the 787. I flew with an a320 back and oh man, the sounds in the cabin sungguh meriah (from the hydraulic pumps and whatnot)

agree that the plane is super quiet, i was even seated next to the engine and could still speak to my seat partner at normal speaking volume, centre luggage bin is not fitted in J class which made the cabin looks roomier, overall i like TG's cabin fitting more with their wood furnishing giving them a touch of luxury, none of those in MH's A350

passed by F seats during deboarding and the cabin and the seats looked cramped, not sure if they really can sell these seats with others offering better J products....

and the refurbished lounge, no layout change but more on the fittings and furnishings which i believe are consistent in theme and designs with that of the refurbished regional lounge. lounge attendants were attentive and helpful and the foods and drinks, though not extensive were all flavourful and of good qualities.

Edited by Khalil Abd Halim

Does the side compartments can being lower down to the same level as flat bed in A350 F class? I experienced that MH A380 F class seat when the hand rest and small compartment can be lowered prior to bed mode, to give extra width.

Does the side compartments can being lower down to the same level as flat bed in A350 F class? I experienced that MH A380 F class seat when the hand rest and small compartment can be lowered prior to bed mode, to give extra width.

Only the seat is lowered to be a flat bed. So, grey seat becomes grey bed. Everything else remain static. You do lie really low and quite close to the floor - so much so that the not-so-high-walls-when-seated suddenly appear as if they were much taller. The door require some strength to open although closing was a cinch using the lever-like mechanism.

I get the feeling that the 380 F seat is much more spacious, and the enclosed suite and the door of the 350 F are gimmicks that distract from what is essentially a narrow J seat. Not worth paying too much (or at all?) for this F seat. I actually thought, soft product aside, who would be conned into paying a lot for this sub-standard long haul F seat ...

why should you care what im inferring and why should you be sensitive if you had done nothing wrong and portrayed good and exemplary attitude which you can pass down to your good mannered children?? get it together woman all ppl could see you were trying to undermine my last statement about being able to secure the F seat, if you are not concerned about being relocated to other seats that's your choice why should you impose that on others and try to be sarcastic? and when people gave it back to you you couldnt take it???

JUST SO YOU KNOW, my problem with all these fiascos is not about not getting the F seat but its about how MH handled this issue, instead of giving us direct honest answer they gave me (and all those affected) twisted adulterated reasons for the change.

I

Well.. you asked what I was inferring a few days ago. So I'm returning the favour. Clearly, it seems that you think only you get to use the phrase, but not others?

As for getting it "together"... I seem to recall rants about suing/complaining to mavcom/raising stink on social media and taking it to the nth level, then attacking other members who disagreed with you. I am actually quite "together", but thank you for your concern nonetheless.

"All ppl could see" + "when people gave it back to you" = Do you mean just you? If not, it would be a terrible generalisation and dragging other members in good standing down.

Like i said, I humbly submit I have very much got it together, and I'm still and have always been polite, haven't used foul words, haven't used demeaning comments like "woman" , or dragged ancestors/family/parenting skills into the equation. Again, thank you for your concern about me not being able to "take it" but believe me when i tell you that this little bit of discourse we are having is mild midsummer breeze.

If we could get back to the real topic - which you diverted from to attack my parenting skills/children/gender and went all non-sequitur ... how far along are you with your complaints? As i mentioned, we are in the same boat, and if I'm able to achieve a successful outcome, I'm more than happy to also pursue it.

Please, believe a lot of people don't quite appreciate this patronising and somewhat sexist remark. If you have a beef with another person appreciate if you could make use of the private messaging feature. Thanks.

ok sorry in advance if anyone feels im deviating from the main topic but just to share the latest "fairytale" reply received from MH...

We are back as promised,xxxxxxxx. We regret that you are unable to secure your preferred seats for flight MH1140 from Kuala Lumpur to Penang on ..........December 2017. Based on our check, your aircraft had been changed to A350 and you had been assigned to seat 10K and 10J which is the next best seat available for this flight.We hope this clarifies and apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. Thank you. -AC

i cant stand the nonsense and didnt bother to reply anymore ............

Latest reply received from MH for those interested:

How unfortunate that you feel this way, Mrxxxxx. The information mentioned above is the finding we received from the respective team by using your booking number. We much appreciate your understanding that we are dealing with limited access to go through your booking through social media. However, you may reach our call centre at 1 300 88 3000 or reservation team at gccc.reservations@malaysiaairlines.com to assist your further in regard to your preferred seat. We hope this clarifies the situation. We understand that sitting in your preferred seat could enhance your travel experience. Thus, your inconvenience over the changes is deeply regretted. -ZI

Can I assume that MH sent you further messages even though you did not bother replying to the nonsense anymore? That's pretty impressive of MH isn't it? But really, I doubt there is any misrepresentation even if at the point of booking, F seats were available as J seats for selection. And even if there is arguably some form of misrep, there won't be any actionable misrep in law - or else any swap of equipment which would almost inevitably result in seat changes could give rise to multiple actions in misrep. That in turn places an undue burden on airlines to avoid making seat changes even for a good reasons. So the bottom line is that you are guaranteed a J seat as per your purchase but most perks on top of that (apart from safety-related issues etc.) would not form part of the contract, nor would they constitute any representation made to induce anyone into contracting with the airline. I am no one to comment, but I believe that everyone should be allowed to voice as long as he/she does not make provocative or derogatory remarks.

On a side note, wow! That's a lot to follow up after not frequenting this thread for weeks. One question, how responsive is the touch screen in Y? I think I'm quite dumb at using touchscreen IFE. Prefer traditional hand-held controller. :nea:

My takeaways:

Nicely edited video and thanks for sharing your review! :clapping:

Will be flying business (successful MHupgrade!) BKI-KUL tomorrow. Web check in shows F seats available for selection. Seriously tempted, but looking at the frustrations on this thread, will pick a regular seat first. At least secure a favourable J seat first, then tomorrow at check in counter will try and request for seat reassignment to row 1. Let's see what happens.

If successful, I'll be a Y ticket holder being MHupgraded to F...! :lol:

Will be flying business (successful MHupgrade!) BKI-KUL tomorrow. Web check in shows F seats available for selection. Seriously tempted, but looking at the frustrations on this thread, will pick a regular seat first. At least secure a favourable J seat first, then tomorrow at check in counter will try and request for seat reassignment to row 1. Let's see what happens.

If successful, I'll be a Y ticket holder being MHupgraded to F...! :lol:

Like to see a trip report from you! Regional 2 hours plus flight on new aircraft like this would be good enough warranting a trip report esp. on F...hehe

MAC delayed. Anyone know the story?.

Could be due to the delay departure on the KUL-PEN leg. Delayed almost 2 hours. Not too sure as to what was happening in the KL side though.

The tail camera feed on the A380s only available for passengers at takeoff and landing so no big loss to be honest.

At least the downward view you can see the ground beneath you as opposed to just seeing the top of the aircraft wings & fuselage with the tail feed.

Ek has the feed for pax throughout the flight. Watching it especially on descent punching through the clouds is mesmerising

On other forums, this guy would have been blocked. All of his posts are about arguing.

Agreed.

I have never met any of you in this forum (except Sofian, he is a friend of mine). But from the opinions and the thoughts from majority of us here, I can tell if you are a frequent traveler, airliner, travel agencies, purely interest in airlines with or without background, or simply say it out loud without thinking the consequences (read: keyboard warrior) and many more.

Takkan nak suruh Captain Izham datang kat you say I am sorry and upgrade you to 1st Class for your next many2 zillions flight on MH? Idts.

Level of maturity is also plays a major part in this forum.

Hope the moderator will do something. From my point of view as an airliner, his opinion is not helping at all. Having a background as a law practitioner does not mean you are all right to the extent bashing other people personal.

I am sorry. It was too childish.

Lets come back to the topic. To certain extent, "komen yang murni2" is still applicable in our society.

Edited by nastar

My takeaways:

NIce video. Btw is it possible to mount suction cup for GoPro on the window? Planning to record some take off and landing using GoPro.

Agreed.

I have never met any of you in this forum (except Sofian, he is a friend of mine). But from the opinions and the thoughts from majority of us here, I can tell if you are a frequent traveler, airliner, travel agencies, purely interest in airlines with or without background, or simply say it out loud without thinking the consequences (read: keyboard warrior) and many more.

Takkan nak suruh Captain Izham datang kat you say I am sorry and upgrade you to 1st Class for your next many2 zillions flight on MH? Idts.

Level of maturity is also plays a major part in this forum.

Hope the moderator will do something. From my point of view as an airliner, his opinion is not helping at all. Having a background as a law practitioner does not mean you are all right to the extent bashing other people personal.

I am sorry. It was too childish.

Lets come back to the topic. To certain extent, "komen yang murni2" is still applicable in our society.

Thank you. He's being an insufferable prick in other threads too.

His comments to the spotters in Anjung Tinjau subforum are unacceptable.