MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

MAB A350-900 Regional Flights to PEN, BKK, SIN & BKI from 9 December 2017

honestly i dont really blame these frontliners as they are merely the mouth pieces of those in authorities/management...sadly this reflects the never ending mismanagement of our beloved "flag carrier" even after tumultuous years and events which should have shaped them to be a better corporation.....

i selected first when checked in online yesterday but the seat was changed back to business when i printed the boarding pass at the airport. i guess there is a glitch in their system. i was kind of expecting this so it is ok for me.

saw mac landed just now 😀😀😀😀😀

Edited by AnwarIshak

i selected first when checked in online yesterday but the seat was changed back to business when i printed the boarding pass at the airport. i guess there is a glitch in their system. i was kind of expecting this so it is ok for me.

Oh no! This is nothing short of MISREPRESENTATION that warrants a complaint to Mavcom! And don't forget to complain to your MP as well!

But ultimately I didn't pay for your ticket, so I don't have the right to tell you what to do....

Oh no! This is nothing short of MISREPRESENTATION that warrants a complaint to Mavcom! And don't forget to complain to your MP as well!

But ultimately I didn't pay for your ticket, so I don't have the right to tell you what to do....

I would rather believe in the power of social media !

I would rather believe in the power of social media !

examples of some people being sarcastic at other people's misfortunes, im sure you feel proud of yourselves and you can pass that attitude to your children i supposed..your time will come, dont worry.... -_-

and yes i got my original seat in J cabin but then again this is MH, thus service consistency is not their forte i believe, just take my business elsewhere

examples of some people being sarcastic at other people's misfortunes, im sure you feel proud of yourselves and you can pass that attitude to your children i supposed..your time will come, dont worry.... -_-

and yes i got my original seat in J cabin but then again this is MH, thus service consistency is not their forte i believe, just take my business elsewhere

What are you inferring ? You fight like hell - and now when someone agrees with you you bring children into the equation ?

Just so you know ya ... the so called people who didnt suffer your misfortune ... we are in the same boat. I have flown the bloody plane twice. And have another 3 more to go. All booked in good money revenue J. All moved back. I dont want to speak for others above individually - but in total I counted 17 segments across these so called people being sarcastic to you.

So again. What are you inferring?. We are together arent we ?

What are you inferring ? You fight like hell - and now when someone agrees with you you bring children into the equation ?

Just so you know ya ... the so called people who didnt suffer your misfortune ... we are in the same boat. I have flown the bloody plane twice. And have another 3 more to go. All booked in good money revenue J. All moved back. I dont want to speak for others above individually - but in total I counted 17 segments across these so called people being sarcastic to you.

So again. What are you inferring?. We are together arent we ?

My downgrade back to the 738 from the A359 definitely necessitates a MAVCOM complaint!

9M-MAB was down for a few hours what seems to be one of the engines having reverse thrust issue yesterday. A333+B738 were used to sub the sick plane's duty. Again sending the plane on nearly 4-6 sectors a day glitches are bound to happen and you dont have a backup plane of the same type. SIA and RBA had OTP issues with their a359 and b788 during the first few months due to technical issue. So anyone willing to try out new planes on any airlines be prepared for eqv change or extreme flight retiming etc to occur.

Edited by jahur

9M-MAB was down for a few hours what seems to be one of the engines having reverse thrust issue yesterday. A333+B738 were used to sub the sick plane's duty. Again sending the plane on nearly 4-6 sectors a day glitches are bound to happen and you dont have a backup plane of the same type. SIA and RBA had OTP issues with their a359 and b788 during the first few months due to technical issue. So anyone willing to try out new planes on any airlines be prepared for eqv change or extreme flight retiming etc to occur.

Engine number 1 inboard reverser unable to stow. Rectified...

You received equipment change email notification or you have some ability to foresee tech problems in the future?

With that sort of attitude, Id say the latter. ;)

Anyway, it was showing on my seat map on the MH app as 738 but as others have mentioned above, it seems to fortunately still be showing as an A359 everywhere else. Hopefully its just an MH app glitch.

Edited by Ashley Lee

Birdstrike on left engine

Sounds like an over-entitled blogger, but what's new? MH at least sent him an e-mail notifying about the seat change (AFAIK, no airline has sent me a notification about a seat change, including MH this time around and I was bumped from my seat on KUL-BKI) and apparently it happens all the time (again, it's very rare for MH to move you from an assigned seat unless you are in F-cabin sold as 2-cabin flight). MH only opens up the F-cabin if J-cabin is full (hence you may assign a seat on the 380 F on 2-cabin service to NRT/ICN) but they will kick you out if they can accommodate everyone in the J cabin.

I've flown 2-cabin service in 3-cabin plane before (or 3-cabin service in 4-cabin plane). It's a YMMV situation. IME:

- CX blocks all F seats prior to check-in. They will open F cabin during OLCI to their Diamonds, OWE as well as pax connecting to/from F cabin

- TG closes the F section or the upper deck on the 744 (depending on your luck), but seat re-assignment is usually done at the airport

- BA also closes the F section but will open up if needed, but I don't fly BA that much - we should ask the GGL or GCH ;)

Because those who uses social media to judge an airline usually don't buy revenue F tickets :)

Craig, there were actualy an occasion where I have flown with TG's A340-600... I paid for J, but was allowed to sit in A346's F class. I was sitting in Seat 1K between SIN and BKK.

There are indeed some exceptions but I believe TG was not selling the F product on regional route and A346 was about to be retired from fleet, hence they were selling them as J seats. The J and F seats were pretty full too during flight and I have gone down the aisles to check.

Craig, there were actualy an occasion where I have flown with TG's A340-600... I paid for J, but was allowed to sit in A346's F class. I was sitting in Seat 1K between SIN and BKK.

Lucky you :) I've sat in TG F for KUL-BKK when they closed the upper deck (I got lucky) and I've seen them closing the F section on BKK-SIN. It varies with airlines/situation.

MH has 4F/35J configuration in their 350 and they'll sell up to 39J seats but row 1 will be last to assign and will only open if J>35. (hypothetically speaking if they want to block row 1).

Edited by Craig