MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

MAB A350-900 Regional Flights to PEN, BKK, SIN & BKI from 9 December 2017

Not sure why people are acting as if MH committed an atrocity. Booking a J ticket and expecting an F seat when it was never marketed as such is not bad behavior on MH's part.

The only hoo-ha I'm aware of is in this forum, not among the frequent flyers I know. And mind you, there's at least a dozen bookings between the few us that were affected by this change. We know that MH has a track record of closing the F cabin when it's a 2-class flight, so it's not unprecedented. And we know that waving your Enrich Plat/OWE card isn't going to make them change their minds.

We get that these things happen, and MH is far from being the only offender. Frankly, we've been through worse, especially with airlines like CX which can swap your 77H to a dreadful 773Z with absolutely zero notice. And no, we don't complain to Mavcom or our MPs every time that happens. We pick up the pieces and move on, because we know which battles aren't worth fighting.

Pretty much sums up my experience being bumped from a 744 to a 772 on tg SIN-BKK last year.

There's a reason to why we term it as "TGed". TG is notorious for changing equipment last minute. Ironically the flag carrier from the land of a thousand smiles?

9M-MAC with Negaraku livery is now at the Airbus delivery centre. CAFs should begin soon!

Looking forward to see her flying home soon!

While MH could have used the situation to it's advantage i.e free upgrade via lucky draw or a simple paid advance seat selection...MH went on to open a can of worms...such a missed opportunity!

Sounds like an over-entitled blogger, but what's new? MH at least sent him an e-mail notifying about the seat change (AFAIK, no airline has sent me a notification about a seat change, including MH this time around and I was bumped from my seat on KUL-BKI) and apparently it happens all the time (again, it's very rare for MH to move you from an assigned seat unless you are in F-cabin sold as 2-cabin flight). MH only opens up the F-cabin if J-cabin is full (hence you may assign a seat on the 380 F on 2-cabin service to NRT/ICN) but they will kick you out if they can accommodate everyone in the J cabin.

I've flown 2-cabin service in 3-cabin plane before (or 3-cabin service in 4-cabin plane). It's a YMMV situation. IME:

- CX blocks all F seats prior to check-in. They will open F cabin during OLCI to their Diamonds, OWE as well as pax connecting to/from F cabin

- TG closes the F section or the upper deck on the 744 (depending on your luck), but seat re-assignment is usually done at the airport

- BA also closes the F section but will open up if needed, but I don't fly BA that much - we should ask the GGL or GCH ;)

What have MH got to loose to open those seats to those crazy aviation geeks/enthusiasts/fanatics out there?

Social media is king these days and they can simply use the opportunities to their advantage. EK and SQ fully embrace these groups when launching their new product.

Because those who uses social media to judge an airline usually don't buy revenue F tickets :)

Edited by Craig

and just because it didnt happen to you you dont nee to make selfish remarks like "pick up the pieces and move on", nothing wrong with exercising our rights as consumers especially when we had spent good money on something

Let me guess... you think this doesnt affect anyone other than you here .. hence thats why you think theyre making selfish comments against you, and their opinions would be different if they had a horse in the race ?

There's a reason to why we term it as "TGed". TG is notorious for changing equipment last minute. Ironically the flag carrier from the land of a thousand smiles?

Ironically, all my TGed experience has always been reverse-TG and end up with better equipment. Once or twice, when ending up in a last-minute 3-class plane change - a nice word with the crew ends up with a nicer F seat whilst travelling in J.

TG is notorious for changing equipment last minute. Ironically the flag carrier from the land of a thousand smiles?

Why are they smiling ? Perhaps it's one of those 'Gotcha' gleeful grin at TGed moment ?! :lol:

Let me guess... you think this doesnt affect anyone other than you here .. hence thats why you think theyre making selfish comments against you, and their opinions would be different if they had a horse in the race ?

well in case u didnt realize i wasnt the first person who brought this up or the only person who's upset about this issue, thus im stating in general about all the replies by the naysayers here, what are you trying to infer anyway?? that just because all the others didnt make much noise so i should follow suit?? that's why i say when you were not affected you can say anything that u like against it once it hit home your reaction maybe worse than mine even..who knows

Ironically, all my TGed experience has always been reverse-TG and end up with better equipment. Once or twice, when ending up in a last-minute 3-class plane change - a nice word with the crew ends up with a nicer F seat whilst travelling in J.

and TG's exemplary service and wonderful catering would make up for it anyway....

1 Malaysian thing is so ugly. Otherwise gorgeous aircraft!

Agree. the 1Malaysia logo looks out of place and seems as if we're shouting "We're number one!"...

Best announcement just now on MH782 by the IFS ladies and gentlemen please note that cabin crew are not allowed to upgrade without authority

Apparently some J pax tried to upgrade to the F seat.... but to have it announced publicly like that was quite strange 😛😝

1 Malaysian thing is so ugly. Otherwise gorgeous aircraft!

Would just better if they just stick ahead with the square Jalur Gemilang logo instead (the Negaraku logo on 9M-MXS)

Best announcement just now on MH782 by the IFS ladies and gentlemen please note that cabin crew are not allowed to upgrade without authority

Apparently some J pax tried to upgrade to the F seat.... but to have it announced publicly like that was quite strange

From what i see here i can totally see that happening :pardon:

If one is to set aside all those previous considerations on CoC and consumer rights and what nots, I will opine this 'could have been' J to F upgrade poses downside of brand dilution
Doubt very much if MH would have rolled out the full F treatment, even if they had honoured those fortuitous early seat selections, much less so if upgrade request(s) were made at check-in or even onboard - they need to have stuff ready to do the proper pampering, food for example :) Then there is matter of which lounge one would have accessed to pre flight
Nor would the relatively short hops 9M-MAB is performing nowadays allow proper appreciation of the space and facilities that are should be integral to the F marketing scheme (so, you wanna sample the 5 star rated snack box or try out the made up bed in your personal compartment on your KUL-SIN run ? Won't be time for both I don't think :D)
They would then run the risk of underwhelming their 'F' guests, possibly making them less likely to splash out big bucks on their next intended F seats on the real routes the 350s are to serve in future

Just thoughts :)

Apparently some J pax tried to upgrade to the F seat.... but to have it announced publicly like that was quite strange

Hahahahaha I heard that too. Thought it was a sticky mic in the cockpit but it wasn't! Let me add... 'without authority of the company'...

Hahahahaha I heard that too. Thought it was a sticky mic in the cockpit but it wasn't! Let me add... 'without authority of the company'...

hahaha so we were on the same flight....can't believe it was actually announced that way to be honest.... :p

what is there to upgrade when technically there's no F class to be upgraded to at the first place..duhh

Latest reply received from MH for those interested:

How unfortunate that you feel this way, Mrxxxxx. The information mentioned above is the finding we received from the respective team by using your booking number. We much appreciate your understanding that we are dealing with limited access to go through your booking through social media. However, you may reach our call centre at 1 300 88 3000 or reservation team at gccc.reservations@malaysiaairlines.com to assist your further in regard to your preferred seat. We hope this clarifies the situation. We understand that sitting in your preferred seat could enhance your travel experience. Thus, your inconvenience over the changes is deeply regretted. -ZI

on a sidenote the flight has been retimed to 11.05 am instead of 11.55am

ok, move on.....

Latest reply received from MH for those interested:

How unfortunate that you feel this way, Mrxxxxx. The information mentioned above is the finding we received from the respective team by using your booking number. We much appreciate your understanding that we are dealing with limited access to go through your booking through social media. However, you may reach our call centre at 1 300 88 3000 or reservation team at gccc.reservations@malaysiaairlines.com to assist your further in regard to your preferred seat. We hope this clarifies the situation. We understand that sitting in your preferred seat could enhance your travel experience. Thus, your inconvenience over the changes is deeply regretted. -ZI

To be fair no part of the message makes any sense to me at all. No solution, funny English (wonder who they hire for customer engagement), and to be honest, the first sentence sounds pompous and patronizing, or a really bad attempt at empathy. Looks a lot like passing the buck to me and you end up at a dead end.

Telling you to to call the 1 300 number pretty much sends you to oblivion. It's so bad that at the regional lounge the staff there told a foreign pax to call the number and select Bahasa instead of English, as selecting English would channel you to the outsourced call centre way out in the Pacific...

To be fair no part of the message makes any sense to me at all. No solution, funny English (wonder who they hire for customer engagement), and to be honest, the first sentence sounds pompous and patronizing, or a really bad attempt at empathy. Looks a lot like passing the buck to me and you end up at a dead end.

Telling you to to call the 1 300 number pretty much sends you to oblivion. It's so bad that at the regional lounge the staff there told a foreign pax to call the number and select Bahasa instead of English, as selecting English would channel you to the outsourced call centre way out in the Pacific...

Agreed....

To whom do they outsource the calls in the Pacific to? Vanuatu or Fiji?

Perhaps it's due to our poor command of English. Closer ones are located in the Philippines I think.

We're not seeing the full conversation so I don't think the judgement is fair.