MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

MAB A350-900 Regional Flights to PEN, BKK, SIN & BKI from 9 December 2017

So they finally figured out where to spend the additional XWBs.

That doesn't reflect too favourably upon the fleet planners at MH somehow :)

But then, with invention being mother of necessity, here is hoping they can make good success with those new toys tools coming in

Incidentally, wonder if anyone has give thought(s) as to what to do with those promised B789s ? :)

Malaysia Airlines A350-900XWB aircraft to serve Tokyo Narita from 05MAY18, Auckland from 05AUG18

I wonder if they're going to configure the planes with 3 class as well to Auckland.

From a friend, they have alignment issues with the aerobridge at KUL and PEN.

Seem preparations not as meticulous compared to when the dugong went live all those years ago

Also, there was a no show pax at KUL for the first sector and baggage had to be searched and offloaded.

Cannot be could it ? A disgruntled pax having been denied specific seat he/she selected in advance ?! :D

Cannot be could it ? A disgruntled pax having been denied specific seat he/she selected in advance ?! :D

Hahaha.

Youll be very sorry you changed my seat 1A allocation!

Seem preparations not as meticulous compared to when the dugong went live all those years ago

I think they had Emirates to help with preparations then.

And I dont believe KUL ever had any A350s parked at the Main terminal bays before the MH domestic service. There are no markings on the tarmac for 359s nosegear. Ditto with PEN.

Malaysia Airlines to fly Airbus A350 to Tokyo, but not Auckland

Malaysia Airlines will fly its new Airbus A350 jets to Tokyo from May 2018, but says that a timetable listing showing that Auckland would also get the A350s is incorrect.
"We will not be operating the A350 to Auckland" a spokesman for Malaysia Airlines tells Australian Business Traveller. "This is an error that will be corrected."
The Auckland schedule was initially published by the AirlineRoute website, which listed A350 flights to the NZ city from August 5, 2018.
However, an Airbus A350 service between Kuala Lumpur and Tokyo/Narita (MH88/MH89) will commence from May 5, 2018 as an upgrade from the current Airbus A330s, with flights now bookable – including the A350's new first class suites.
Full report:

On other routes currently served by two-class Airbus A330 jets, the superjumbo’s first class suites will be treated as business class seats and made available through advance seat selection to top-tier frequent flyers from Malaysia Airlines’ Enrich Platinum and Gold tiers and their Oneworld Emerald and Sapphire equivalents (including Qantas Platinum and Gold frequent flyers).

Source: https://www.ausbt.com.au/malaysia-airlines-is-bringing-its-airbus-a380s-back-to-london

While this article is about the A380s, what is being mentioned there is the same explanation I received from the Customer Service Representative when asked about the shifting of my seats from row 1 (First class) to the other rows on the A350's booking during the regional trials.

While this article is about the A380s, what is being mentioned there is the same explanation I received from the Customer Service Representative when asked about the shifting of my seats from row 1 (First class) to the other rows on the A350's booking during the regional trials.

Enrich Plats were kicked out of row 1 as well, and those seats are still greyed out. Not sure if they'll be opened during OLCI or at the airport. Or maybe they won't be opened up at all..

Etihad Engineering will be taking care of MABs A350 in London. It will be their first time handling the type and they will use the experience to familiarise themselves prior of receiving their own.

Malaysia Airlines puts Amsterdam A350 plans on ice

Malaysia Airlines has suspended plans to restart direct flights between Kuala Lumpur and Amsterdam in partnership with KLM.
The Oneworld member previously hoped the Dutch city would become a second European destination for its new Airbus A350s, alongside London.
In July 2017, then-CEO Peter Bellew told Australian Business Traveller that plans to expand to Amsterdam, Paris or Frankfurt would work only in partnership with another airline.
"If we can form a joint venture with another airline it might make sense, because it's the ideal way to get another European destination" he said. "The only way I can see it succeeding would be to work closely with another carrier."
“If not, we’ll use them for something like services to Shanghai and Tokyo,” Bellew added. “We’re still evaluating Auckland, but we took a major hit on yield with Emirates and Qatar (flying to Auckland).”
Full report here:

the business class seats looked wider compared to A330, and based on the youtube review video above the economy class seat pitch looked generous (could be the reason that the vlogger body size is smaller)

the business class seats looked wider compared to A330, and based on the youtube review video above the economy class seat pitch looked generous (could be the reason that the vlogger body size is smaller)

Yes, the 359 biz seats are slightly wider and offer a greater pitch than the 333 equivalent. The PTV is also touch-screen but the handset controller is probably the cheapest looking one that even the ones for the 738 Y seats look far better. By a mile.

Maybe one can argue that the 359 biz class PTVs are now touchscreen versions and are indeed more responsive that the ones on the 333s, they are still too far away for those seated in the bulkhead seats in rows 2 and 9. If you are seated there, you may need to rely on the el-cheapo teeny-weeny controllers to comfortably navigate through the PTV options unless you endowed with arms like orang-utans.

The PTV controller for 359 First are the same type like those found on SQ business class seats (the 2013 onwards version)

Enrich Plats were kicked out of row 1 as well, and those seats are still greyed out. Not sure if they'll be opened during OLCI or at the airport. Or maybe they won't be opened up at all..

ok sorry in advance if anyone feels im deviating from the main topic but just to share the latest "fairytale" reply received from MH...

We are back as promised,xxxxxxxx. We regret that you are unable to secure your preferred seats for flight MH1140 from Kuala Lumpur to Penang on ..........December 2017. Based on our check, your aircraft had been changed to A350 and you had been assigned to seat 10K and 10J which is the next best seat available for this flight.We hope this clarifies and apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. Thank you. -AC

i cant stand the nonsense and didnt bother to reply anymore and after looking at few pics of the F seats as well as the videos of the inaugural flight i believe MH can keep those seats in pristine untouched conditions till they fly to LHR, which i believe is their real intention of keeping our dirty backsides away from those seats, id rather fly QR Q suite anytime over those F seats of MH anyway............

There's is snack bar at the aft galley. If you ever noticed that few rows near the back galley, their center overhead luggage compartment is much lower compared to the rest. This is due to accommodate crew rest compartment.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2017/12/13/whine-wednesday-malaysia-airlines-a350-first-class-cabin-retroactively-closed-passengers-kicked-back-to-business-class/

While MH could have used the situation to it's advantage i.e free upgrade via lucky draw or a simple paid advance seat selection...MH went on to open a can of worms...such a missed opportunity!

What have MH got to loose to open those seats to those crazy aviation geeks/enthusiasts/fanatics out there?

Social media is king these days and they can simply use the opportunities to their advantage. EK and SQ fully embrace these groups when launching their new product.

Whatever MH reason is, it is a missed opportunities indeed.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2017/12/13/whine-wednesday-malaysia-airlines-a350-first-class-cabin-retroactively-closed-passengers-kicked-back-to-business-class/

While MH could have used the situation to it's advantage i.e free upgrade via lucky draw or a simple paid advance seat selection...MH went on to open a can of worms...such a missed opportunity!

Given MHs corporate culture and the lack of attention to details by the vast majority of the staff in MH, it is not surprising.

Anyway, maybe they want to not get too much attention on how underwhelming the new F seats are.

Malaysia has poor consumer protection laws and that is why MH gets away with bad behaviour. And Malaysian consumers don't complain enough to their MPs to change the law...

Aiya you pay business class ticket you want to seat on First Class. Is MH the prerogative lah. I used to fly First on MH and was told I am the only passenger and it pissed me off to see someone in the cabin being upgraded because of a friend of the captain and I paid full fare price. You guys complain non stop want everything given on a silver platter.

Malaysia has poor consumer protection laws and that is why MH gets away with bad behaviour. And Malaysian consumers don't complain enough to their MPs to change the law...

I have to disagree. MH's CoC is pretty clear on the matter that they don't guarantee seat assignments - and this clause exists in a lot of other airlines' CoC, including SQ.

Unless there's an overriding law, the CoC is the rule of the land.

I don't think they can activate paid seat selection for F since F seat selection is always complimentary.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Received an email being bumped to row 5. I dont mind it much. Anyways the issue is creating a lot of hoo haa for higher tier frequent flier members.

Perhaps Mab can authorize check in staffs on ground to slot in Enrich platinum and Oneworld Emerald business class pax to first row if customers request to do so during counter check in process. Also If that particular flight is full and you have other connecting J pax missing their flights due to late arrival etc those 4 blocked seats are really handy.

Not sure why people are acting as if MH committed an atrocity. Booking a J ticket and expecting an F seat when it was never marketed as such is not bad behavior on MH's part.

Received an email being bumped to row 5. I dont mind it much. Anyways the issue is creating a lot of hoo haa for higher tier frequent flier members.

The only hoo-ha I'm aware of is in this forum, not among the frequent flyers I know. And mind you, there's at least a dozen bookings between the few us that were affected by this change. We know that MH has a track record of closing the F cabin when it's a 2-class flight, so it's not unprecedented. And we know that waving your Enrich Plat/OWE card isn't going to make them change their minds.

We get that these things happen, and MH is far from being the only offender. Frankly, we've been through worse, especially with airlines like CX which can swap your 77H to a dreadful 773Z with absolutely zero notice. And no, we don't complain to Mavcom or our MPs every time that happens. We pick up the pieces and move on, because we know which battles aren't worth fighting.

Edited by Chris Tan

Aiya you pay business class ticket you want to seat on First Class. Is MH the prerogative lah. I used to fly First on MH and was told I am the only passenger and it pissed me off to see someone in the cabin being upgraded because of a friend of the captain and I paid full fare price. You guys complain non stop want everything given on a silver platter.

Not sure why people are acting as if MH committed an atrocity. Booking a J ticket and expecting an F seat when it was never marketed as such is not bad behavior on MH's part.

The only hoo-ha I'm aware of is in this forum, not among the frequent flyers I know. And mind you, there's at least a dozen bookings between the few us that were affected by this change. We know that MH has a track record of closing the F cabin when it's a 2-class flight, so it's not unprecedented. And we know that waving your Enrich Plat/OWE card isn't going to make them change their minds.

We get that these things happen, and MH is far from being the only offender. Frankly, we've been through worse, especially with airlines like CX which can swap your 77H to a dreadful 773Z with absolutely zero notice. And no, we don't complain to Mavcom or our MPs every time that happens. We pick up the pieces and move on, because we know which battles aren't worth fighting.

both of you were missing the point here, there's no F class on that flight, those seats had been misrepresented as J class seats when they were opened for booking previously, it's a simple thing to understand and becomes an issue when all of those unsatisfied with the seats reallocation had paid for the ticket with the only intention of trying out that F seats

and if you've seen all the replies that we got from MH they didnt even mention about their rights to do so under the COC instead they gave us contradictory reasons for the same OTHER THAN stating that they have acted pursuant to the COC

and just because it didnt happen to you you dont nee to make selfish remarks like "pick up the pieces and move on", nothing wrong with exercising our rights as consumers especially when we had spent good money on something

Edited by Khalil Abd Halim