MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

MAB A350-900 Regional Flights to PEN, BKK, SIN & BKI from 9 December 2017

Malaysia Airlines schedules regional A350 service in W17

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/275347/malaysia-airlines-schedules-regional-a350-service-in-w17/

KUL-SIN, KUL-PEN and KUL-BKK... get your tickets!

Now it is the time to enjoy the 4 first class seats at business class fare - at least for flights to Penang. MAB is selling the 4 F seats at J fare. :)

Now it is the time to enjoy the 4 first class seats at business class fare - at least for flights to Penang. MAB is selling the 4 F seats at J fare. :)

well not too sure about this alhough it would be great. This is because the A350s would have quite some actual J seats available, and MAB may just block off the 4 First class seats in a row.

well not too sure about this alhough it would be great. This is because the A350s would have quite some actual J seats available, and MAB may just block off the 4 First class seats in a row.

I did a dummy booking and the first 4 rows can be chosen based on biz fare.

I've booked ticket for KUL-BKK on 30 December to fly on the A350. Booked at the last few minutes of MH Weekend Deals. One way for two person only RM528.10.

MSN 159 MH #1 has now been handed over to the flight line. We should be seeing the rejected take offs (and first flight) soon...

So MH will indeed recycle their registration numbers.

The registration "9M-MAB" was last seen on a Fokker F-27 Friendship, IIRC.

MH Fokker F27s had registration numbers as 9M-MCA, MCB and so on

MH Fokker F27s had registration numbers as 9M-MCA, MCB and so on

Oh yes, thats right. The earliest historic 9M-MA* series was on the DC-10-30 starting 9M-MAS to 9M-MAZ.

I just checked and found that 9M-MAA is the registration for an Eurocopter.... Hence the A350-900 has to start with 9M-MAB

I just checked and found that 9M-MAA is the registration for an Eurocopter.... Hence the A350-900 has to start with 9M-MAB

MAB isn't too bad a place to start anyway. Could be seen as a reference to the change in name of the holding company as well as a fresh new start, with the A350s being the first new planes since the old MAS.

Yes I think it was intentional to be 9M-MAB. The could have easily went for any other letter instead of A in the 9M-MxA

Requesting for a trip report from those who will be on the inaugural.

Thank you in advance.

My trip isn't the inaugural but will definitely do a trip report. Since it will be the first A350 for airlines from Malaysia.

Any chance for one of 6 A350s to be painted with Oneworld livery?

None of the six A380s carried the oneworld livery.

So calculate the odds this time...

maybe due to A380 billboard font size and different livery than the rest make it harder to fit in. Otherwise, A350 is not much differ from A330. Hoping for it though.

Malaysia Airlines to operate A350 aircraft on Kuala Lumpur - Kota Kinabalu sector 27DEC17 - 14JAN18

MH2614, MH2607 already loaded into the website.