MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

MAB A350-900 Regional Flights to PEN, BKK, SIN & BKI from 9 December 2017

Is it possible for MH to use Airbus livery instead of their own? The livery remind me of NZ all blacks livery, which is unique.

So will the A350 be a 3- or 4-class layout actually? Whom shall we trust?

Maybe it's just a matter of how you count that "economy+" section, whereas the overall classes remain F/J/Y. But that's just my guess.

Is it possible for MH to use Airbus livery instead of their own? The livery remind me of NZ all blacks livery, which is unique.

Look at the press release photo. The model plane he's holding is the black A350 test plane livery. But below that is a printer paper with the A350 bearing MAB's current swoosh livery.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2017/03/26/malaysia-airlines-plans-a350-arrivals/

So, what is that new destination? Dont think it will be beyond the 8-9hr range if all 6 frames are to also do a double daily LHR, daily NRT and daily AKL.

Also, not much has been said about the 339neos that have also been leased. When do these arrive? Have they got the legs to do AMS?

https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2017/03/26/malaysia-airlines-plans-a350-arrivals/

So, what is that new destination? Dont think it will be beyond the 8-9hr range if all 6 frames are to also do a double daily LHR, daily NRT and daily AKL.

Also, not much has been said about the 339neos that have also been leased. When do these arrive? Have they got the legs to do AMS?

Looking at the article a return to AMS is subject to them getting 777 on lease...

Extra wide body Airbus planes more efficient
BROUGHTON: Airbus’ wing centre in Broughton in the north of Wales is currently assembling the wings for the A350 XWB passenger planes that Malaysia Airlines Bhd will take delivery of by year-end.
Company officials said part of the composite material used in the making of the A350 XWB, the initials of which stands for extra wide body, originated from Malaysia.
This new generation aircraft that promises to lower operating cost and improve fuel efficiency will be Malaysia Airlines’ first new jet since taking over the operations of the old MAS.
It will deploy the aircraft for the KL-London-KL route and the remaining five will be delivered next year.
“We will initially use the plane for testing in the region, likely to be to Singapore or Bangkok before deploying it on the KL-London-KL route,’’ said Malaysia Airlines chief executive officer Peter Bellew in a text message.
Malaysia Airlines will be changing aircraft type for the London route to the smaller A350XWB to reduce operating cost as well as to make it easier to fill up the plane with passengers.

Malaysia Airlines shelves plan for premium economy

LONDON: Malaysia Airlines Bhd has shelved plans to introduce premium economy class seats on its upcoming fleet of six new Airbus A350-900s, the first of which will be delivered by the end of December this year.
The premium economy class is a small area between economy class and business class. They offer extra legroom and wider seats than economy class, but are cheaper than business class. Over the years, airlines around the world such as British Airways, Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Air New Zealand and Air France have all added new premium economy sections to their planes.
A Malaysia Airlines spokesman said the airline had initially planned to introduce premium economy seating on its A350-900s but decided against it to accommodate more business travellers. The airline has also reduced the number of its first-class seats on the planes.
“The 288-seat A350-900s will now comprise four first-class seats, 35 business-class seats and 249 economy-class seats,” the spokesman told a group of Malaysian journalists during a tour of Airbus’ Broughton plant in North Wales last week.
More:

Will the news also spells the end to the suppose-to-be premium economy seats in their A330? What will happen to the seats?

Like Bellew has said, nothing. Some folks will just enjoy having extra legroom.

Apart from that, nothing extra-ordinary with the rows 9 & 10 seats.

Yes, its just the media that is hyping it up as premium economy. MAB just prefers to call it economy+.

From recent media reports, MAB is now more confident of selling its business class seats - no doubt boosted by the new and better seats fitted to the A333s. So they have taken the cue from that and increased the number of business class seats and reduced first class and economy seats. This will give better yield, if they can sell all their business class seats.

four first class seats only? what's the point of having first class knowing that it will not be at par with the likes of SQ/EY/EK/QR etc

For the occasional VIPs like the YDPA who once flew to LHR on MH.

four first class seats only? what's the point of having first class knowing that it will not be at par with the likes of SQ/EY/EK/QR etc

MH don't play in that league anymore - don't need to pretend.

Doing things for ego and prestige is not good business and brought MH to its knees.

For the occasional VIPs like the YDPA who once flew to LHR on MH.

Don't we have our A319/A320 ACJs for that purpose these days?

There is no need for VVIPs to fly commercial anymore.

SQ has a 77W config with only 4F. I guess they should just rip it out and add another row of J?

Just because MH F isn't cutting edge doesn't mean they shouldn't bother with it. By that logic, MH should get rid of Y because it's not on par with the ME3. And AirAsia should tutup kedai because it isn't on par with MH.

Doing things for ego and prestige is not good business and brought MH to its knees.

MH doesn't fly these VVIPs in F for free. I've been made aware that they even travel on full fare F tickets.

Questionable use of funds? Maybe.

If MH were to get rid of F, will these VVIPs downgrade to MH J? No.

Who wins? Not MH.

MH doesn't fly these VVIPs in F for free. I've been made aware that they even travel on full fare F tickets.

Who wins? Not MH.

I did not mean to give the impression that MH should get rid of first class - I am just saying that 4 seats is good enough in the league that they are playing in.

A319 is a bit short legged so for time sensitive missions it may not be suitable, and there are times when it's not available for use when it's out for service.

Honestly 4 F seats isn't going to take up that much space & cost that much.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

A319 is a bit short legged so for time sensitive missions it may not be suitable, and there are times when it's not available for use when it's out for service.

Honestly 4 F seats isn't going to take up that much space & cost that much.

the seats wont cost much but the other perks associated with F like chauffeur driven limousines, dedicated lounge, dedicated catering et al, surely those cost substantial difference

I did not mean to give the impression that MH should get rid of first class - I am just saying that 4 seats is good enough in the league that they are playing in.

even GA 777w has 8 F seats

SQ has a 77W config with only 4F. I guess they should just rip it out and add another row of J?

Just because MH F isn't cutting edge doesn't mean they shouldn't bother with it. By that logic, MH should get rid of Y because it's not on par with the ME3. And AirAsia should tutup kedai because it isn't on par with MH.

Who wins? Not MH.

not saying to the extreme of MH should convert its fleet to cargo plane but they can even offer industry leading business class ala what QR is doing with the offering of their Qsuite

the seats wont cost much but the other perks associated with F like chauffeur driven limousines, dedicated lounge, dedicated catering et al, surely those cost substantial difference

Lounge costs are shared with the J side & I'm pretty sure Enrich Platinum members will be able to utilize the lounge. As for catering - no pax, no food ordered so I don't see how there will be costs there.

“The 288-seat A350-900s will now comprise four first-class seats, 35 business-class seats and 249 economy-class seats,” the spokesman told a group of Malaysian journalists during a tour of Airbus’ Broughton plant in North Wales last week.
More:

I am guessing they are sticking to the current vantage business seat. For vantage xl, I think its not plausible based on the leaked seat map, unless they are utilizing the space for the supposed premium+ section.

Lounge costs are shared with the J side & I'm pretty sure Enrich Platinum members will be able to utilize the lounge. As for catering - no pax, no food ordered so I don't see how there will be costs there.

no pax, no point of having it right?

If you market a product as First, there will be costs associated with providing that product - even if there are no F pax on some F-cabin-equipped flights. It is too simplistic to suggest that no F pax, so no F costs.

If you market a product as First, there will be costs associated with providing that product - even if there are no F pax on some F-cabin-equipped flights. It is too simplistic to suggest that no F pax, so no F costs.

ditto, you dont expect your F pax to check in at the same counter as J or Y, just one of the example....

Edited by Khalil Abd Halim