MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Muller Mula Mengganas - New MAS Business Class Meals Made Its Shocking Debut Today

Meal pixie is attached.

Quoting the spy who leaked this exclusively for us:

"This is business class meal okay. I was shocked. OMG!!! Cabin crew pun terkejut. No bread basket either. Just 1 packed roll. US airlines pun tak kejam macam ni."

She was onboard one of the flights to BKI today.

Brace ourselves for MIA's partitioned business class box meal (with lesser meal). T-12.

received_10153962522216509.jpeg

10636853_10152898647194168_1786767770543

This was my meal in J KUL-SBW back in Dec 2014. It was an upgrade through MH Upgrade so I thought that was the reason the meal was in a box. I was the only one in J so could not compare with others.

That's rather shocking. Hope this is just for domestic! :nea:

It was an upgrade through MH Upgrade so I thought that was the reason the meal was in a box. I was the only one in J so could not compare with others.

It shouldn't matter how you got into J (op-up, upgraded with miles, MHUpgrade, kawan-kawan with check-in agent etc.), meals and service must be the same for all passengers.

Edited by Craig

At least put in proper bento lah... or serve this in Y....

Maybe what CM meant about customer building their own product can be something like this - more butter, add RM2.00. :blink:

People have short memory; reduction in quality and presentation during the transition period will make any improvement next January welcoming.

Well, savings have to come from somewhere due to MAS's unique relationship with its caterer. It is unfitting for such high paid seats, but something have to be done to trim cost per flight. Muller have to thank the previous management for this.

Further downgrading of food presentation and quantity. :(

Come on guys, give MH a chance. At least you get a meal

Most European airlines don't have business class domestic routes anymore. You'll be lucky if you get anything .. 'Sweet or savoury' snacks aka AF/KL...

Come on guys, give MH a chance. At least you get a meal

Most European airlines don't have business class domestic routes anymore. You'll be lucky if you get anything .. 'Sweet or savoury' snacks aka AF/KL...

There we go again, justifying all these cuts.

Intra-Europe business class does come with meals (mostly), and the presentation isn't as sad as what we saw in the picture.

Well chris tan, it's not my airline and I don't make the decisions on cuts, meals or routes. I'm not justifying anything.. I don't like seeing MH like this either but if they are bleeding money, something needs to be done to arrest it. Later, they can hopefully grow again like JL.

By the way, you guys were talking about domestic business class meals, that's why I mentioned about what happens in Europe.

I wasn't talking about intra- Europe business class meals, which is considered to be 'regional' rather than domestic.

might as well abolish domestic business class and term it as premium economy...maintain the cabin but with not other frills like lounge access etc...

Yeah, flew on Japan Airlines domestic 'business class' recently. No lounge access, no priority boarding and all you get is a cup of beverage and bigger, wider seats. Then again it was priced at only 1000 Yen (RM30) or so more than economy class, so can't complain. Maybe MAS should be like the Japanese carriers and do a beverage service only on all domestic flights.

Yeah, flew on Japan Airlines domestic 'business class' recently. No lounge access, no priority boarding and all you get is a cup of beverage and bigger, wider seats. Then again it was priced at only 1000 Yen (RM30) or so more than economy class, so can't complain. Maybe MAS should be like the Japanese carriers and do a beverage service only on all domestic flights.

What you flew on on JL isn't "business" class per se. It's a bigger seat at the front of the cabin for ¥1000 over and above your existing fare - they call it class J but has no lounge access or anything. Only benefit is if you're in a mileage run with BA , AA or QF where they pay quite handsomely.

Sign in to follow this