MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Wee Sen

Runway 14R @ KLIA2 Car Park

Hi all, its the newcomer amateur again. Since 14R is in use for landing today so cannot go to the usual spot and find a new spot which is KLIA2. Saw a quite similar topic here which have pictures taken from almost the same angle same place but I went to the Carpark instead to get a nearer shot compare to the smoking area. (I hope it is actually nearer though) :unsure: :unsure:

These are some shots taken, apologise for not having really sharp pictures. Need guiding and learn from all the sifus here.

IMG_7382-1.jpg

EK Boeing 777

IMG_7394-1.jpg

QR Airbus A340

IMG_7406-1.jpg

BR Airbus A321

IMG_7434-1.jpg

EY Boeing 777

IMG_7453-1.jpg

QR Boeing 777

hi there..

where is this spotting location?

This is at KLIA2 carpark Block A CP7. Technically you need to pay parking fees but at least its legal ;)

Nice photos! For clearer and sharper photos, perhaps you can try spotting in late afternoon when the sun is lower at the west as the sunlight is reflected strongly by the aircraft's fuselage - thus greater amount of light enter your camera lens. Sunny weather also helps. :)

Nice photos! For clearer and sharper photos, perhaps you can try spotting in late afternoon when the sun is lower at the west as the sunlight is reflected strongly by the aircraft's fuselage - thus greater amount of light enter your camera lens. Sunny weather also helps. :)

Thanks for the tip. :good: :good:

Is it possible to walk into the carpark from the Terminal building?

Yes it is. Just go to gateway@KLIA2 (the shopping part) and take the carpark lift from CP4 to CP7. you will need to walk to the further end though since the end that oversees 14R is exactly opposite to the Mall/Terminal entrance

Thank you very much. :)0

What's the zoom length required?

As it is approaching and landing like the a340 I go till max 300mm but when the plane is directly in front i would say around 150-200mm zoom length to fit the plane into the frame.

Sign in to follow this