MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
KK Lee

Airlines could soon shrink the size of luggage you’re allowed to carry on

i can just about imagine this memo coming up today:

Dear Production and Warehousing Team,

Kindly dispose of all 35cm size cabin bags produced.

Dear Marketing team,

Kindly dispose of all marketing materials related to the 35cm cabin bags.

Dear Corporate Affairs team,

You let this slip without pressuring them? You're all fired. Kindly pack your bags and go.

Signed,

The boss.

Soon-to-be-fired CA Personnel: Do I have to pay for the bags I am packing my personal effects?

:p

Just heard on the radio news today that Swiss is planning to increase!! the cabin baggage allowance. Then the catch.... so that then it would be fair to charge people for checked baggage as of middle of next year. I've been in their Bombardier C100 this week. Lots more cabin baggage space compared to their jumbolinos... I guess they are just waiting for these planes to be delivered....

British Airways is to cut the hand baggage allowance for customers on its flights, the airline has announced.

The maximum size of main carry-on bags will remain unchanged, but smaller second bags such as handbags will be capped at 40x30x15cm, the airline said.

It said there had been "an increase in customers travelling with hand baggage that exceeds their allowance" in recent months.

The change will come into force "in the coming weeks", the airline added.

Currently, passengers can board flights carrying one bag of up to 56x45x25cm, weighing up to 23kg, plus another bag up to 45x36x20cm.

Last month, a teenager from Scotland collapsed with heat exhaustion after wearing 12 layers of clothing to avoid paying a £45 extra baggage fee.

James McElvar vomited and was given oxygen during the Easyjet flight from Stansted to Glasgow.

Edited by KK Lee

Sign in to follow this