MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Chopper crash in Semenyih: VIPs among six on board

So there was damage to the helicopter before it took off on its ill fated flight.

Liow: Damage to tail section likely cause of Semenyih helicopter crash

PUTRAJAYA: The helicopter which crashed in Semenyih last month killing all on board may have experienced damage to its left horizontal stabiliser, located in its tail section, when it landed at a school field before the crash.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015/05/14/heli-crash-stabiliser-damage/

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Our MOT revealed that preliminary report indicates the stabilizer of the chopper could have fallen off just before it nose dived.

He added further that cockpit conversation revealed the pilot's concern about a drop in the hydraulic pressure...

I know it's preliminary in nature but the report could have been a bit more professionally done.

Looks like a rush job.

And whatever happened to the promise of a report on the Twin Otter crash?

All aircraft accident and incident reports should be made public to help improve safety, but in Malaysia they rarely are, so I guess we should be grateful that a report has been released this time. Even though the likely cause of the accident has been identified I look forward to reading the final report in due course.

Geoff

PS. I wonder if the MoT got permission from the photographer to use his image on the cover of the report. Or did they just copy it from planspotters.net and crop out the copyright notice?

All aircraft accident and incident reports should be made public to help improve safety, but in Malaysia they rarely are, so I guess we should be grateful that a report has been released this time. Even though the likely cause of the accident has been identified I look forward to reading the final report in due course.

Geoff

PS. I wonder if the MoT got permission from the photographer to use his image on the cover of the report. Or did they just copy it from planspotters.net and crop out the copyright notice?

I'm sorry but why must one be grateful for the authorities' responsibilities? It's their job.

As for the image, I'm certain they just nicked it.

Sign in to follow this