MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Chopper crash in Semenyih: VIPs among six on board

LATEST: http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015/04/04/CHOPPER-crash-six-people-on-board/

PETALING JAYA: At least six people, including several VIPs, are reported to be on board a helicopter that crashed in Semenyih, Kajang on Saturday.

A Civil Aviation Department official said three bodies were found at the crash site at Sg Lalang Semenyih.

The privately-owned chopper was enroute from Kuantan to Subang when it crashed.

Earlier report:

PETALING JAYA: A civilian helicopter crashed in Semenyih, Kajang on Saturday.

It is learnt that two burnt bodies have been recovered at the crash site in Jalan Sg Lalang and Kg Pasir Baru.

It is learnt that a distress call was received by the Selangor Fire and Rescue Department at about 5pm and over 20 firemen have been deployed to assist in the search.

Department of Civil Aviation director-general Datuk Azharuddin Abdul Rahman said the number of people on board has yet to be ascertained.

===

I hear ex-Minister Jamaluddin Jarjis is one of them.

===

9M-IGB ?

Edited by Naim

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015/04/04/CHOPPER-JAMARLUDDIN-JARJIS-ON-BAORD/

PETALING JAYA: Rompin MP Datuk Seri Jamaluddin Jarjis was among the VIPs on board the helicopter that crashed in Semenyih, Kajang on Saturday.

The other VIPs were businessman Datuk Robert Tan and Private Secretary General in Prime Minister's Office, Datuk Seri Azlim Alias.

The three others on board the helicopter were Capt Cliff Fournier, owner of Chempaka Aviation, Ajdiana Baiziera and bodyguard, identified as Raskan.

Police have confirmed that all six on board are dead.

Some details of the VIPs:

Dato JJ

- Former Minister of Science, Technology & Innovation during Abdullah Badawi's administration.

- The incumbent Malaysian Ambassador to the US

- The incumbent Rompin MP

Dato Robert Tan

- Managing Director of the IGB Corporation Berhad (property developer best known for its entire Mid Valley & Gardens Megamalls and all the towers attached to it and all properties development under Tan & Tan) - hence 9M-IGB.

Helicopter crash involving VIPs is making its round. Not the first of such case in Malaysia (DRB Hicom's Tan Sri Yahya Ahmad and the very famous Sabah Chief Minister).

One of the pax is Datuk Seri Azlin Alias. Chief Private Secretary to Najib.

All came back from Najib's daughter's wedding reception in Pekan I think....

Najib's another private secretary - Dato Po'ad Jelani also passed away 4 days ago at Raffles hospital in Singapore.

He lost two private secretaries in a span of few days.

The pilot was Cliff Fournier. A man who is truly in love with aviation and adores his 9M-IGB. Last FB update a day before the crash. His picture here, refueling at Kerteh before going to Kuantan

10931117_10152718653630894_5292280209205

I really like this shot of her. RIP dear chopper. And all those on board.

1962883_10152624892410894_77276514634823

https://www.facebook.com/cliff.fournier

Edit: Dug a bit deeper about him. Now I knew why his name was familiar. I recalled reading comments from him regarding Malaysia's DCA on JFK's FB page. JFK is this celebrity pilot for D7, Part time DJ and songwriter. Here's his post.

If you're interested to read all the exchanges it's here:

https://www.facebook.com/johanfaridkhairuddin/posts/10153570938695341

I am constantly being told to hold, standby, and various other timely delays for aircraft on 10 mile final.

1 example;

A few months back I was flying a VIP from Subang to Georgetown, Penang as I approached Pulau Aman low level (500 feet) I was asked to hold. I requested direct to Georgetown low level as I would be passing North of Penang Bridge, and about the same height as the bridge that just happens to be off the extended runway 04 Penang, again asked to hold as there was landing traffic on 8 miles final Penang 04. That in it self is an underachievement, but that wasn't the end, there were 2 other planes coming in to land from the South to Penang 04, and the ATC asked me to hold again.

Completely incompetent in my book and not controlling traffic and or aircraft efficiently at all that time, and countless more times. Butterworth are generally the best of the ATC that I deal with, just happens to be a "trainee" that day maybe, but regardless there should have been another controller in the tower to relieve that trainee and let us carry on the flight, instead we were delayed 10 minutes holding on the east of 04, wasting time and burning fuel. 10 minutes of his inability to manage cost approx RM4,333 who pays that? I do.

I would like to see some of these guys go work in busy airspace and then learn how to coordinate aircraft traffic.... Malaysia has no busy airports. I fly in downtown Los Angeles, over LAX, I fly in Miami, and Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. These are ATC that deserve Respect.... That's high intensity, and 99.9% efficiency.

I work with a few good ATC in Subang, but just as many that can't clear a departure or arrival in a timely manner because of 1 other aircraft in the vicinity

HOLD seems to be the standard here.... In 20 years of flying Worldwide, I hear HOLD in Malaysia from ATC 85 times more than any other Country. FACT!
Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

Very tragic news for Malaysian's aviation circle.

News also came in about a light plane pilot who reportedly saw the heli nosed dived into the jungle before smoke can be seen billowing out afterwards. The pilot was quoted to have communicated with IGB heli moments before to exchange some flights information.

Traumatic experience too for the pilot and passengers of this light plane.

Tourism graduate went to LIMA and was Fournier’s friend

SEMENYIH: Before her death in the helicopter crash here, Aidana Baizieva lived in an apartment in Pantai Dalam after graduating with a diploma in tourism from a local college.

She also travelled recently to visit the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA) with helicopter pilot Clifford Fournier.

Revealing this yesterday, Selangor police chief Senior Deputy Comm Datuk Abdul Samah Mat said although there was still no conclusive DNA evidence on Aidana’s identity, police were satisfied with the investigations so far.

“Based on our investigations, we believe that she was indeed Aidana Baizieva, 25, from Kyrgyzstan. A team of investigators have gone to her apartment in Pantai Dalam and acquired items to collect her DNA.

“We also found evidence in the form of plane tickets to Langkawi on March 21 for LIMA with her name and that of the pilot,” he told reporters at the crash site command centre yesterday.

Aidana, he said, had been in Malaysia since 2010 and studied in three different colleges in Klang Valley before graduating with a diploma in tourism.

According to statements from the apartment management, SDCP Abdul Samah said Fournier had visited the place several times.

“We believe that the girl was an acquaintance of the pilot. She had shown an interest in flying and wanted to become a pilot.

“Based on statements from the helicopter company, she had joined the pilot on other flights,” he said.

Should the DNA test prove to be inconclusive, police would have to call Aidana’s 75-year-old father from Kyrgyzstan to give his DNA sample.

SDCP Abdul Samah also confirmed that the body of the pilot had been claimed by an undertaker employed by the US embassy.

A team of French investigators from Airbus Helicopters and its engine manufacturer had arrived to join the investigation, he said.

In KUALA LUMPUR, a source close to the investigation said Aidana’s body would only be released from the Hospital Kuala Lumpur mortuary after police receive the post-mortem report.

Kyrgyz ambassador Kylychbek Sultanov said it would do everything to help Aidana’s family bring her body home.

Aidana’s stepsister in Malaysia is making the arrangements, he added. Sultanov said the stepsister, from a different mother, was married to a Malaysian and was staying with her family here.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015/04/08/Pilot-dream-dashed-by-crash-Tourism-graduate-went-to-LIMA-and-was-Fourniers-friend/

Latest news revealed that the sole woman in the helicopter have participated actively in the control of the flight.

In addition, investigators believed that an explosion have occurred during flight.

Hm, what could possibly gone wrong at the controls that could cause such a catastrophic explosion during mid-flight?

Bits and pieces came out and it was mentioned that it will take a full year for the investigation to complete. The flight data recorder has been sent to Paris for further analysis by experts.

This is an unprecedented situation...

Bits and pieces came out and it was mentioned that it will take a full year for the investigation to complete. The flight data recorder has been sent to Paris for further analysis by experts.

Off topic but we also never hear about any official report about the MasWing Twin Otter incident at Kudat. That was more than a year now I think. They did say a report will be released.

Edited by Eddy Liew

Hope the authority will not just put aside any reports that are supposed to be publicised.

Sign in to follow this