MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
jeremy low

Tigerair to fly to Ipoh from May 29

OT for awhile, may I know why TR took out their SIN-BKI route back few years then? as well as SIN-KCH right? Quite curious about this.. :huh:

Is the IPH airport runway fully operational now? R the runway depressions repaired and certified? Is the runway long enough for A320's?

OT for awhile, may I know why TR took out their SIN-BKI route back few years then? as well as SIN-KCH right? Quite curious about this.. :huh:

Low pax load.....as usual...cancelled due to commercial reason.

For KCH they dont have the muscle to fight with AK which has double daily to SIN. During festive seasons 3 daily.

Now double daily only on Friday and Sunday.

currently only Firefly flies 2 times daily from SIn-IPH and vv. Not sure Tiger's schedule or frequency per week. But would think a A320 with 180 pax seats will be too big a capacity for Ipoh.

They have a good chance of making it work because there are a lot of people who think that flying on propeller aircraft is dangerous and will only fly in jets!

TR pricing for BKI - SIN was not the issue. Can still get RM99 one week before departure. But timing was. I can't remember whether the plane arrive in BKI or SIN at 2am.

TR pricing for BKI - SIN was not the issue. Can still get RM99 one week before departure. But timing was. I can't remember whether the plane arrive in BKI or SIN at 2am.

In 2009, I saw TR parked at BKI Terminal 2 at 12 noon. Didn't know the airline overhaul the schedule.

"Tiger Airways Singapore new low fare flights to Kota Kinabalu depart Singapore at 09:15 arriving in Kota Kinabalu depart at 11:30. Flights from Kota Kinabalu depart will depart at 12:00arriving in Singapore at 14:25 daily."

Source: https://www.tigerair.com/news/TR_20090301_Tiger_Airways_launches_flights_to_Kota_Kinabalu.pdf

For Kuching cancellation:

Airline expected to fly Kuching-Singapore route for the last time next Sunday

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Community/2013/06/22/Airline-expected-to-fly-KuchingSingapore-route-for-the-last-tim/

IPH airport is somehow quite tricky to use. I remember reading some articles sometime ago about Ipoh airport and the comments from pilots flying in 737-2 those days. Something like this, coming in in-between valleys, and having to break hard upon touch down. And residence's jittery encounters every time a plane visited the area. Some of the houses are build right just at the end of the runway.

I wondered whether the authorities have done any improvement on it so far.

IPH airport is somehow quite tricky to use. I remember reading some articles sometime ago about Ipoh airport and the comments from pilots flying in 737-2 those days. Something like this, coming in in-between valleys, and having to break hard upon touch down. And residence's jittery encounters every time a plane visited the area. Some of the houses are build right just at the end of the runway.

I wondered whether the authorities have done any improvement on it so far.

Reminds me of the old Tawau airport. In the end the squatter houses won and the airport had to be relocated 45mins from town.

Reminds me of the old Tawau airport. In the end the squatter houses won and the airport had to be relocated 45mins from town.

More cost effective to move an airport than a whole kampung.......oh well, like KLIA now has so much space for expansion.

Sign in to follow this