MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kris Kim

MAS A333 9M-MTA Stuck in MEL Since 13 March 2015 Due to Hard Landing Incident

It seems 9M-MTA (A333) has been out of action for about a week now and its last flight was operating the usual MH147 KUL-MEL sector. Anyone have any updates on its status?

Cheers!

According to a source at the airport - it was indeed AOG from the 147 you mention. He didn't notice whether it's still there but he thought it left the next day. Hopefully get more info soon.

Thanks for the reply guys! It looks like she is still in MEL as of today, I just heard she needed 8 tires replaced and also the strut needed to be replaced too.

This plane was flown back on 25 Mar at a low attitude of 18,000 ft and at 315kts.

MAS did not have a press release of this hard landing incident as don't think was even reported in the local press. It will be interesting to find out if ever MH does report as to why the hard landing.

Not to worry - once the ATSB investigates, we will get a full report published online. This will be quite unlike the "investigations" that the DCA does.

Has anyone seen a proper report on MH370 yet? For MH17, we at least have the Dutch investigation findings.

Not to worry - once the ATSB investigates, we will get a full report published online. This will be quite unlike the "investigations" that the DCA does.

Has anyone seen a proper report on MH370 yet? For MH17, we at least have the Dutch investigation findings.

The interim report is released http://mh370.gov.my/index.php/en/363-mh370-safety-investigation2

What's the latest on -MTA? It still appears to be grounded and hasn't flown since being ferried back from MEL via DRW, so presumably it's at KUL or SZB.

It's been out for getting close to 2 months now.

What's the latest on -MTA? It still appears to be grounded and hasn't flown since being ferried back from MEL via DRW, so presumably it's at KUL or SZB.

It's been out for getting close to 2 months now.

Jolly good question - still on MC at the moment. I wonder when /if she is coming back to work.....

Supposed the damage is indeed pretty bad that they need to disassemble that whole undercarriage and repair inside out. Not forgetting to wait for parts shipment from Toulouse.

And we have the massive MH restructuring in progress, not sure the morale at MH Engineering.

Perhaps MAB could use this opportunity to repaint the aircraft in a new livery while the repairs are carried out. MAB can then launch its new airline with the repaired aircraft, along with new crew uniforms. :)

Perhaps MAB could use this opportunity to repaint the aircraft in a new livery while the repairs are carried out. MAB can then launch its new airline with the repaired aircraft, along with new crew uniforms. :)

Quite a bad omen to do such an auspicious event with a 'jinxed' aircraft. :p

Actually I do find most of MH's landings were quite bad and hard. I hardly have any smooth landing experiences with MH.

So far of flight with MH, most of it have smooth landings

9m-mta_zps7gurbyp9.jpg

TA seen arriving from Szb in healthy condition. Taxi straight to Satellite terminal.. It has to go back straight to work as 4 777 in hangar and 1 sunbathing with one engine missing.

Actually I do find most of MH's landings were quite bad and hard. I hardly have any smooth landing experiences with MH.

I find MH landing are always the smoothest when they land at KUL but not anywhere else that I have flown with them. Everytime I flew EK, SQ, CX and others to KUL, all of them seemed to have hard landing.

B777 stranded in Mumbai. Deflated tire on landing on the 31st May. Some damage to landing gear due to torn tyre.

Aircraft 9M-MRA still there.

Sign in to follow this