MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

flymojo Airline Orders 20 Bombardier CS100 + 20 Option

If ak (the person) could have (believe he could) cs-100 to serve szb, flymojo shouldn't have difficulty to make profit.

Edited by KK Lee

If ak (the person) could have (believe he could) cs-100 to serve szb, flymojo shouldn't have difficulty to make profit.

Think the other AK would not be too pleased if this AK could use CS-100 for SZB. :p

Think the other AK would not be too pleased if this AK could use CS-100 for SZB. :p

Szb pax are mostly business travellers, will impact mh and Fy more. Believe flymojo understand the sensitivity, won't announce szb until last minute.

Edited by KK Lee

LOL- I didn't read it will be operated out from Johor. haha.. my bad.. The colour scheme on the plane looks like Hedkandi Monarch scheme.

CAXOwWAVEAA_dXt.jpg

Edited by zeqa

Szb pax are mostly business travellers, will impact mh and Fy more. Believe flymojo understand the sensitivity, won't announce szb until last minute.

If i remember it correctly, FY was supposed to be PEN based in the beginning.

I m just wondering what is their definition of mojo? Mojo as in Austin Powers mojo?

mojo1
ˈməʊdʒəʊ/
noun
US
  1. a magic charm, talisman, or spell.
    "someone must have their mojo working over at the record company"
    • influence, especially magic power.
      "the name has no mojo

No silly. It's Mojo Jojo of The Powerpuff Girls.

lol

My exact sentiments, Austin Powers. :) Wonder if you need any libido to fly with them. :D Oh behave...!

mojo.jpg

would be nice to see a special livery with AP.

I have a feeling perhaps the "Mojo" is an abbreviation of someone's name.. Like "Mohammad Johan" or something. Jo = Johor?

Fly MoYo would be my airline then ^_^ haha....

my humble prediction,
IATA
F8
ICAO
FMJ
call sign
MOJO ..obviously ^_^

LOL- I didn't read it will be operated out from Johor. haha.. my bad.. The colour scheme on the plane looks like Hedkandi Monarch scheme.

CAXOwWAVEAA_dXt.jpg

Very hippy from the groovy '60s...

groovy_baby_feb22_2014.jpg

So the airline wants to consider itself as a premium carrier, though in my opinion there is a better term to describe the airline than 'mojo'.

how come AK allowed to land? their skirt were tight n sexy thou

indeed..firefly new uniform as well. Malindo transparent kebaya too! lol

i've read a trip report on airliners.net recently, one of the writer took LH flight to IKA, the crew even wear skirt inside the terminal, covered with knee lenght coat and shawl on her head..

shouldn't be a problem then. unless they decided to night stopping at KBR, just bring abaya (the easiest way to fully cover their aurat, just like what MH n foreign crews did in JED) n put shawl on their head, problem solved.

I happened to be on the first SQ flight where the (cabin) crew had to "night stop" in RUH. Before the crew got off the plane, SQ's ground staff came onboard with a number of abayas and basically briefed them on how (when?) to use such abayas. They may not have adorned micro skirts but their uniform was very much like a "second layer of skin" - hence the abayas. However, it was not really expected for them to cover their hair, etc.

Salam and greeting
This is my first post on MalaysianWings so my tone might not met the accordance to the forum which i would like to apologise in advance

The booming in air travel has certainly change the way we get from point A to point B. Most people would certainly would like to get most out of this movement. But as previous closure of airliners from around the world and the stagnate profit make by legacy carrier. it seem that aviation business has certain lose it sweetness factor to which i ask, if it still a got idea to open up a new airline? I am obviously referring to Rayani Air and FlyMojo, two airlines that will soon join Malaysian aviation scene.

For me personally, air travel in Malaysia still have a long way to go before air travel will be common among Malaysian. I blame this movement due to our weak currency , our county size & expensive airport infrastructure (parking, transportation) . In contrast, I would like to put Australia aviation scene in contrast to Malaysia aviation scene. Australia have a strong currency which enable it to purchase a ticket at a lower value than to a Malaysia currency. Value-to-value their cost of flying (as a passenger) is certainly better than us. Australia continental size and lack of interstate prove to be a winning factor for airliners which in Malaysia size is not a big issue and we certainly can depend on PLUS highway is there is a need to travel interstate, eliminating the need of air travel. The last issue is the expensive cost in airport usage. Airfare has certainly decrease over the years in order to promote air travel to the mass traveler but the cost of heading, staying, and indulging at the airport certainly are not. I don't really see the point of such excessive cost. Why do i need to pay extra when i go to the airport, why do i need to pay extra when i am eating at airport and why do i need to pay quite a lot for parking. Granted it would be okay is such scenario happen at a premium terminal but flying from a low cost terminal, the overall cost at the airport alone hike up the overall expenses on travelling. How does this really promote air travel to the mass public. They are better off driving to their destination rather than might.

Based on the factors above, does Malaysia really need another airline? Granted the airliners now that we have cater to different market operating from different base to serve different sector. But even them have to face off the instability of the aviation scene. How might this two airlines do better than what we currently have now?

Let that about the airline in the picture.
I will start of with Rayani Air. It is based in Malacca-Batu Berendam airport. The airline look like a Virtual Airline rather than a real airline. There is talk where are they going to fly to but not really mentioning their business strategy, the aircraft they intended to use. Lack of hype marketing and no launch date. This to me look like a scam airline.

Second in the picture is FlyMojo. well they are slightly better at announcing their arrival by doing so at the recent LIMA 2015. But i still ponder on their choice of aircraft. They decided to purchase Bombardier latest offering the CS series and proud to be the first in the region to do so. My issue is that if you operate a new airline, would you not get an already establish model or mint-condition aircraft to get the company going? As we have seen in the Airbus A380 and B787, new aircraft tend to have teething problem and this will differ the delivery date. How can you operate an airline without an airplane? That really intrigue me. The CS100 is not really something you would want to use as your mainliner. AirAsia did show an interest on purchasing Bombardier aircraft but pull the plug off at the eleventh hour due to higher cost per passenger. It's commonly know that smaller aircraft have higher cost per passenger as opposer to the larger aircraft. This mean that FlyMojo need to charge slightly more than it competitors. Even if they play by volume (increase flight frequency) they are still worse off that their competitor so who is FlyMojo target market? How would they describe them self to the flying public? As a full flex airline or a low cost carrier?

This issue that been playing in my mind so i would look forward to any reply in regard of this situation

MD of Malaysia’s latest airline talks about its finances and investors

PETALING JAYA: Fly Mojo Sdn Bhd, Malaysia’s latest addition to the growing number of companies in the airline industry, dismissed concerns over its ability to start and sustain operations and poured cold water on speculation that it was owned by influential figures.
Managing director Datuk Janardhanan Gopala Krishnan said that the company has lined up adequate cash to fund its operations and it would come from seven investors including himself.
“All the investors are Malaysians and it is a mix of four individuals and two corporates and me. They believe in the concept and idea and are excited about Fly Mojo’s potential.
“The available cash is about RM50mil now. We would not have made the announcement last week if the funding was not covered... it would be foolish to do that,” Janardhanan said in an interview with StarBiz.
The funds for operations does not include the cost of procuring aircraft. For aircraft purchases, it is in talks with aircraft lessors to have a sale and leaseback arrangement for the 20 units of CS100 jets it had placed orders for with Bombardier last week.
Janardhanan scoffed at suggestions that he was the “front man” for several tycoons and prominent names that have been have been linked to him and Fly Mojo.
The list includes Tan Sri Ravi Menon who is the major shareholder of a company operating Subang Skypark, Johor’s Tengku Makhota, billionaire T. Ananda Krishnan, and MBf shareholder Tan Sri Mogan Lourderain.
Even the government has been linked by the virtue that Fly Mojo’s chairman is Datuk Seri Alies Anor, the former political secretary to Prime Minister.

For me personally, air travel in Malaysia still have a long way to go before air travel will be common among Malaysian. I blame this movement due to our weak currency , our county size & expensive airport infrastructure (parking, transportation) . In contrast, I would like to put Australia aviation scene in contrast to Malaysia aviation scene. Australia have a strong currency which enable it to purchase a ticket at a lower value than to a Malaysia currency. Value-to-value their cost of flying (as a passenger) is certainly better than us. Australia continental size and lack of interstate prove to be a winning factor for airliners which in Malaysia size is not a big issue and we certainly can depend on PLUS highway is there is a need to travel interstate, eliminating the need of air travel. The last issue is the expensive cost in airport usage. Airfare has certainly decrease over the years in order to promote air travel to the mass traveler but the cost of heading, staying, and indulging at the airport certainly are not. I don't really see the point of such excessive cost. Why do i need to pay extra when i go to the airport, why do i need to pay extra when i am eating at airport and why do i need to pay quite a lot for parking. Granted it would be okay is such scenario happen at a premium terminal but flying from a low cost terminal, the overall cost at the airport alone hike up the overall expenses on travelling. How does this really promote air travel to the mass public. They are better off driving to their destination rather than might.

Welcome to Malaysian Wings - an intriguing first post. I would agree with many of your comments regarding the comparison between the Australian Aviation Scene vs the Malaysian one except on one thing: Parking.

It is ridiculously expensive in Australia, even when accounting for wages. MEL's greatest source of income isn't from the landing of A380's nor the money made from the rental of shops - it is from Parking. AUD 12 per 1/2 hour short term. And that is why Melbourne Airport (as well as citylink - the highway operator that links Melbourne to MEL airport) are fighting against a direct rail link, pretty obviously. KUL airport at RM 4 and hour running to a RM46 max a day is not so bad after all. I have a formula for whether I drive or take uncle taxi to airport - he charges me RM100 from my place. 4 days and below = drive myself to KUL airport, park in Block B/C short term. 5-7 day = drive myself to KUL airport, park in Block A long term. Above 7 = take uncle taxi. No way I do that during the parts of the year I'm in Australia. It just isn't an option.

But your points about the geographical size are indeed salient - Australia is giler x 1000 huge.

Edited by Suzanne Goh

Will flymojo threaten existing airlines’ yields?

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysian skies will soon see the addition of new start-up flymojo’s colours as the full service carrier, which will operate out of the Senai Airport in Johor and the Kota Kinabalu Airport in Sabah, is slated to start operations in October 2015.
But CIMB Research analyst Gan Jian Bo is sounding alarm bells over the likelihood that existing airlines’ yields — already under pressure after consumers were spooked by the spate of aircraft disasters in this region — would be compressed further due to overcapacity when flymojo comes on board.

Name is "weird" as explained by flee before...

Just hope they do get their plane on time and really take off, not "on paper"...

Licence hold-up will delay flymojo’s launch in October

flymojo, a new Malaysian private airline scheduled to start operating next month in Johor Baru and Kota Kinabalu, is likely to see a delay in its plans as it has yet to receive an air operator’s certificate. The new airline currently has a provisional air service licence that does not qualify it to operate. - digitaledge

Source: The Star Malaysia, 20 September 2015

October Launch For Flymojo Cancelled

Friday, October 30, 2015

Malaysia’s newest airline, Flymojo, which is managed by Fly Mojo Sdn Bhd, will not meet its planned October launch following the ringgit decline and issues surrounding the Bombardier aircraft it intended to use.

Analysts say the airline that announced in March it would improve connectivity between Peninsular Malaysia and Sabah and Sarawak with its launch, has seen the purchase price of 20 Bombardier CS100 aircraft rise from RM5.5 billion, from the time it was ordered, to RM6.24 billion due to the weakened ringgit.

http://themalaysianreserve.com/new/story/october-launch-flymojo-cancelled

from flymojo's

You've got to admit, to get off the beaten track sometimes you need people who are off their rocker. The groovy folks who are unconventional enough to do unconventional things to your advantage.

In time, we'll raise the curtains on who we are and our fascinatingly unorthodox way of serving our passengers (you're not going to believe how different we are from the others!).

So the cabin crew will dress up like Austin Powers?

Unconventional

Unorthodox

All quiet on the flymojo front for a year now. Anyone heard if they still plan to start operations or have they given up the idea? It seems the LoI for the CS100s has not been converted into an order.

Geoff