MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

flymojo Airline Orders 20 Bombardier CS100 + 20 Option

(Reuters) - Malaysia's government on Tuesday announced the establishment of a new airline, called flymojo, and said it has signed a deal with Canadian planemaker Bombardier Inc (BBDb.TO) to buy 20 CS100 aircraft for about $1.47 billion.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/17/us-malaysia-airlines-bombardier-idUSKBN0MD07V20150317

What is flymojo?! Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Saw this today,

LANGKAWI: A new Malaysian-owned airline, flymojo, was launched Tuesday at the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace (LIMA) 2015 exhibition.

The airline will be based out of Johor Baru and Kota Kinabalu, and is scheduled to start its operation in October this year.

Fly Mojo Sdn Bhd and Bombardier Commercial Aircraft have signed a letter of intent (LOI) for the sale and purchase of 20 CS100 aircraft with options for an additional 20.

The airline is set to become the first customer and operator of the CS100 aircraft in the region.

Based on the list price of the CS100 aircraft, a firm order would be valued at approximately US$1.47bil (RM5.44bil) and could increase to US$2.94bil should flymojo exercise all its options.

At the signing ceremony, flymojo was represented by its managing director Datuk Janardhanan Gopala Krishnan and Bombardier by its Asia-Pacific regional vice-president (sales) Frank Baistrocchi.

source -> theSTAR 17march 15

AirAsia AirAsia
AirAsia X
Berjaya Air
Firefly Firefly
Malindo Air
Malaysia Airlines
MASwings
Flymojo .......not sure if i wanna laugh or cry......the name its a bit..hurmm...on another note, let's just wait and see :)

First: DCA has stated they are not approving any new airline as the market is saturated.

Second: What is their corporate strategy, vision and mission is in everyone's guess.

Third: I hope Bombardier is not celebrating yet or feeling too happy over this order.

Forth...fifth.......

Well it's headed by Gopala Krishnan (adik Ananda) so i would suspect there's REAL money behind it.... a good start i suppose.

nevermind the dodgy name....

Well it's headed by Gopala Krishnan (adik Ananda) so i would suspect there's REAL money behind it.... a good start i suppose.

So will they try to purchase the AK IATA code from AirAsia? :D

Will airlines company in Malaysia outnumber express bus company ? :)

I wonder if all th express bus company drivers will apply for jobs as pilots ah? :p

So will they try to purchase the AK IATA code from AirAsia? :D

Only if Air Asia tries to buy AA from American :p

Pet peeve of mine.

Friend: Wah you know ah, i bought a KL to bali ticket on AA for RM100 only.

Me: Wah superb, Don't forget put your enrich card for AA ya? can get miles you know

Friend after flight: Eh, you bluff me - check in agent at KLIA2 laugh at me, says i cannot collect enrich miles on Air Asia

Me: What air asia? you said you flying American mah....

Finally...major airlines order for commercial airplanes in LIMA. It is the first in LIMA history? I mean for commercial airplane order? Yet, I never heard any Boeing or Airbus orders during past edition of LIMA...

Any source to this? Would really like to know the background on its ownership structure etc. From the media statement it seems the govt where the ones dishing out quotes.. Khazanah involved in any way?

Any source to this? Would really like to know the background on its ownership structure etc. From the media statement it seems the govt where the ones dishing out quotes.. Khazanah involved in any way?

Gopala Krishnan is a friend of my dad's from the days the man owned Jemima films. His brother is AK (that one 10000% confirmed),

The rest I'm speculating aje (hence my use of the word suspect) - i don't know how Fly Mojo is set up :) , I'm merely hypothesizing that if AK is somehow behind it, it's not going to bungkus tomorrow for lack of money.

Thin, lower weight, high density seating. But should be OK if used for 2 or 3 hour flights.

I really do wonder where they will get their feed from if they are only flying from JHB and BKI....

cq5dam.web.750.750.jpeg

Press Release:

http://www.bombardier.com/en/media-centre/newsList/details.new-airline-in-malaysiaflymojoexecutesletterofintentforupto40bom.bombardiercom.html

First: DCA has stated they are not approving any new airline as the market is saturated.

Second: What is their corporate strategy, vision and mission is in everyone's guess.

Third: I hope Bombardier is not celebrating yet or feeling too happy over this order.

Forth...fifth.......

Bombardier is not like local company simply sign Mou or agreement with anyone. Believe bombardier has conducted some dd.

IF ak is the backer, he shouldn't have much problem to put up a competent management team, obtain aoc and finance for aircraft purchase.

sure is developing very fast out of nowehere... this FlyMojo.

I wonder what they are plotting... we shall see when they get their planes and when they start operations I guess.

I m just wondering what is their definition of mojo? Mojo as in Austin Powers mojo?