MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Christoph Mueller

Different market conditions altogether. Not an apple to apple comparison.

he stated connecting market between Europe and Australia-whats the diference between both MH and SQ have been tapping this market all this while, serving more than 1 city in Australia most of it on daily frequency..the difference is that SQ could make it work and MH failed...

Yields on the kangaroo route aren't what they are 5 to 10 years back. Of the South East Asian carriers, only the fittest of them all - Singapore Airlines, has been able to hold up to to the Middle Eastern guys.

MAS can only rely on it's own feeder network (which has shrunk considerably) and KLM.

Singapore Airlines' footprint in Europe is nowhere near that of the ME Big 3. But it still has a sizeable network there. And on any given flight between Singapore to Australia / NZ, you easily have 5 to 6 codeshare partners on top of the SQ number. Coupled with Silkair, it's regional footprint for feeder services is vastly superior to the other South East Asian carriers. The Singapore - Australia / NZ vv O&D market is bigger and higher yielding than the Malaysian market. And to top it off, a very very strong brand and reputation in Australia and New Zealand.

MAS and the rest have merely been taking the scrapes from this market for a number of years now. It's akin to SQ taking all the meat and leaving MH, TG and the rest to take the leftovers.

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia Airlines Berhad (MAB) today announced that its chief executive officer and managing director Christoph Mueller will leave the company in September 2016, following his request to depart before the end of his three-year contract.

In ensuring continuity and an orderly succession, Mueller will serve a six-month notice period to September 2016.

Following this, he has expressed his intention to the MAB Board of Directors (BOD) to remain with the airline as Non-Executive Director.

"The Board has acknowledged Mr Mueller’s plan to leave ahead of time, which is due to his changing personal circumstances, and has commenced a search for a new CEO, which will encompass both internal and external potential candidates," said MAB in a statement here today.

That was a quick in and out at least his still maintaining his non executive director position. Hopefully the foundation he laid for long term sustainability and recovery will endure or it will be best for MAB to close down lol.

What seems to be the real motive behind CM's resignation?... There must be more to his 'changing personal circumstances'...

Literally the exact same words I said when I read about this haha

Me too! I was so shocked! For the first time in many years MAB is in the black, suddenly he exits...something "fishy" going on...

This is shocking and sad sad news. I was under the impression that CM will turn over Malaysia Airlines under MAB to be sustainable and well managed. Now that seems even more difficult to achieve.

Sounds like he is no longer in charge as higher powers may be blocking his initiatives. Could it be related to the rebranding of the airline? It is taking forever and we have not seen much of the rebranding initiatives to date. He might have resigned because he is no longer capable of performing his job due to outside interference.

No, don't appoint Emirsyah Satar, he was the one who over expanded GA and is taking toll on GA.

Good that CM is leaving, we can close down MH asap. I have no sympathy for this pathetic airline. Save my pension fund money and tax.

If can be, please close tomorrow. I don't give two hoots about the staff livelihood too. We have seen hundred and one MH episodes of drama for past 20 decades!!

well it really no big or shocked surprise as this is Malaysia airline and Khazanah which is a govt GLC that we are talking about. After all the efforts of getting rid of the planes and routes and now this.........again Malaysia Boleh. Likely next permananet CEO will start to buy planes and expamnd routes previously cut and ya even more A380s ha ha

well it really no big or shocked surprise as this is Malaysia airline and Khazanah which is a govt GLC that we are talking about. After all the efforts of getting rid of the planes and routes and now this.........again Malaysia Boleh. Likely next permanent local CEO will start to buy planes and expand routes previously cut and ya even more A380s ha ha