MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Christoph Mueller

I hope this won't result in the mx guys cutting corners in doing maintenance just to finish early/on time

Tail wagging the dog.

I suppose the bicycle allowance is for Engineering staff - I've seen them using bicycles to move about the hangars at KLIA. As for overtime, it's not surprising given how low the base pay is especially for the graded staff.

If it's part of the collective agreement then it will be hard to eradicate such allowances without mutual agreement. You know how strong MASEU was.

Graded staff wages believed is still low by today's cost of living. For many years, OT is a supplement wages for the graded staff.

Bicycle allowance was created in the mid 70s more for office boys and dispatchers who had to travel quite a lot to deliver mails and documents since MAS offices and hangars are far apart. Even though the allowance is still in the system but most probably in the HR archive system as the allowance is not stated in the MASEU's CA. The allowance must be very low, most probably one or two ringgit only. Currently, allowance for driving in apron such as tow tug, jcpl n loaders is only RM35.00 per month.

No, CM did not realise it but was realised that it's still in the system by RMO team a few months ago.

From what I am able to read, the monthly bike allowance was for one employee only

Hence the quantum here should be microscopically miniscule in relation to the multi million daily losses we have seen (and now helping to finance via our GST obligations, amongst others)

I do hope it's meant to be just an anecdote, not a distraction from the task of uprooting the defective foundation

Will definitely leak it here the moment I manage to steal it from the spies.

But spies are more chickened out nowadays because CM is a micromanager. http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/micromanaging-new-mas-boss-impresses-but-doubts-run-deep

“There are currently about 20,000 suppliers in MAS, resulting in a very fragmented base. [but] an airline of our size should get along with [only] 2,000 to 2,500 suppliers. "

So scary what goes behind MH that nobody wants/dares to unearth or disclose to the public.. whuhuhuhu tax payer money..

too many rope are holding the boat(plane) from moving(flying)...so it is time to chop down everything and free the boat(plane)

Edited by DaTan

So scary what goes behind MH that nobody wants/dares to unearth or disclose to the public.. whuhuhuhu tax payer money..

If MH case alone is so scary, then maybe you better not realize it's just one of many many GLC's and gahmen bodies and ...... :D

If MH case alone is so scary, then maybe you better not realize it's just one of many many GLC's and gahmen bodies and ...... :D

Tell me about it.. This is my 22nd year ('scary' realization last weekend) in gahmen, yet the current 20 000 vs 2500 suppliers required still scores a 10 in the shock scale.

Edited by V Wong

too many rope are holding the boat(plane) from moving(flying)...so it is time to chop down everything and free the boat(plane)

True, I agree. Seems like the gomen is not meddling much this time except that Khazanah acceded to some of the NUFAM's request aka 'demands' like medical coverage for furlough staff for time being.

Gomen finally realised 21 years of mismanagement has brought MH to its knees, and by hook or by crook they need to revive the national airline since all public and world eyes are on it.

Now if we move to our education system......Opss, another can of worm.....:p

Tell me about it.. This is my 22nd year ('scary' realization last weekend) in gahmen, yet the current 20 000 vs 2500 suppliers required still scores a 10 in the shock scale.

Oh never thought your are that old. I always have the impression that you are around my age (i.e. should have been working for a maximum of 13 years).

Oh never thought your are that old. I always have the impression that you are around my age (i.e. should have been working for a maximum of 13 years).

Hmmm... still can. The last I remembered, I am 28 years old. :p

That's about right, although my memory and maths are failing me

Edited by V Wong

You start working for the gahmen at 6 years old? (28-22).

..... although my memory and maths are failing me

Without further clarification, that both sounds rather depressing :D

Müller Predicts Fast Consolidation In Asia

Malaysia Airlines CEO Christoph Müller believes industry consolidation will happen much quicker in Asia than it has in Europe and the U.S.

Müller told Aviation Week at the International Air Transport Association Annual General Meeting (IATA AGM) in Miami that he expects major progress in that regard within the next five years, as countries continue to liberalize their air service agreements and allow their national carriers to combine forces.

Malaysia Airlines CEO Christoph Müller believes industry consolidation will happen much quicker in Asia than it has in Europe and the U.S.

Müller told Aviation Week at the International Air Transport Association Annual General Meeting (IATA AGM) in Miami that he expects major progress in that regard within the next five years, as countries continue to liberalize their air service agreements and allow their national carriers to combine forces.

From the above article;

"The new Malaysia CEO points out that the carrier will continue to have a substantial long-haul network, despite talk of it becoming more regionally focused."

Is that a political interference? Lots of thing seem to be flip-flopping lately.

First the develop vs sale of property matters.

Now the suspension of all long haul unprofitable routes.

"Müller sees MAS becoming a “value carrier” that will offer a basic product and optional high-end services" ... "“We want to go modular so that people can build their own product,” Müller says. “Customers might book a business-class seat, but opt out of the miles or lounge access."

So for a biz class seat, there will be basic fare + meals + luggage + miles + lounge + counter check in + priority boarding + priority luggage + seat selection + amenities bag + ... ?

This is quite startling for me:

“Customers might book a business-class seat, but opt out of the miles or lounge access.”

Business class opting out of miles or lounge access? Is this only applicable to MHUpgrade fares booked in I or does Z fares not come with miles and lounge too? Sky is falling for Suzanne without mileage accrual for MH Z :p

As far as long-haul routes are concerned, I would consider SYD, MEL, NRT etc. "long-haul". (or medium-haul). They are definitely not regional. The only true long-haul routes left in MH are LHR, CDG, AMS, IST, and AKL. And since no expansion is planned until 2017, I would assume he meant the inclusion of Australia, north-east Asia, ME routes as well.