MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Christoph Mueller

Is that a political interference? Lots of thing seem to be flip-flopping lately.

First the develop vs sale of property matters.

Now the suspension of all long haul unprofitable routes.

To be fair it was Khazanah idea for MH to be a regional focus carrier.... i guess CM still trying to figure out whats best for MH especially when no takers for their A380

Malaysia Airlines emerging from 'paralysis'

Malaysia Airlines is emerging from the "paralysis" caused by the loss of two aircraft in 2014, the airline's CEO said.

"Everything was happening a little bit in slow motion [when I joined the company] ... and that's the reason why it's important that we work on the morale," Christoph Mueller told CNN on Monday. "The fighting spirit has suffered."

Apparently MAB has appointed AJ as a member of the Board of Directors... Is that true?? That is just taking the piss..

Apparently MAB has appointed AJ as a member of the Board of Directors... Is that true?? That is just taking the piss..

It has always been on the agenda ever since the MAB plan was mooted. Why be surprised now?

Does AJ (or anyone else, within or outside MAS/MAB, for that matter) get to overrule CM's decisions?

It is imperative that CM be given the liberty and responsibility to do the tasks of restructuring MAS, and make whatever business decisions that he deems fit for MAB's long-term sustainability, without any form of interference. If CM is not given such privilege, the viability of this whole restructuring plan will essentially be thrown out of the window.

My 2-cent worth here.

NUFAM should die! Bunch of cowards, giving ultimatum only when Mueller is in Miami for the IATA conference.

http://www.therakyatpost.com/news/2015/06/09/nufam-gives-48-hour-notice-for-mas-to-revoke-separation-scheme-letters/

Does AJ (or anyone else, within or outside MAS/MAB, for that matter) get to overrule CM's decisions?

It is imperative that CM be given the liberty and responsibility to do the tasks of restructuring MAS, and make whatever business decisions that he deems fit for MAB's long-term sustainability, without any form of interference. If CM is not given such privilege, the viability of this whole restructuring plan will essentially be thrown out of the window.

My 2-cent worth here.

Boards do have some say in the broad scopes of operations. They're not there just to rubberstamp things.

We have not even seen the full plans yet and already people are second guessing everything. Lets give some time for everything to unfold before we start playing armchair CEO, shall we?

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Not so easy to stop work :) Nufam is poorly advised and therefore poorly advising it's members

Essentially what he proposing is a strike. Not so easy. If the labour minister does not approve - you can bet MH will be ready to immediately sack those who don't show up for work. Save on separation money ! :)

My 2-cent worth here.

Agree that Mueller should not be interfered with. But let's be realistic and not think he is Superman capable of doing no wrong :)

Any CEO is accountable to his Board of Directors, so it should not be different in his case.

Edited by jani

Agree that Mueller should not be interfered with. But let's be realistic and not think he is Superman capable of doing no wrong :)

Any CEO is accountable to his Board of Directors, so it should not be different in his case.

Good reminder :good: :)

Suhaimi,

I hadn't realised it hence my surprise. I don't want to me an armchair CEO and I know AJ is a good person but why does MAS have to keep someone who has failed to help them as a company?

I work in the public healthcare industry and surgeons get suspended for a multitude of things including poor results, complaints from patients etc etc.

MAS has failed and is 'technically bankrupt'... May not be completely AJ's fault but he was helming the company at the time. Maybe he should venture into other things? Clearly he is not in touch with the aviation world ...I'm sure there are other GLCs he can be assigned to

Edited by Izanee

Suhaimi,

I hadn't realised it hence my surprise. I don't want to me an armchair CEO and I know AJ is a good person but why does MAS have to keep someone who has failed to help them as a company?

I work in the public healthcare industry and surgeons get suspended for a multitude of things including poor results, complaints from patients etc etc.

MAS has failed and is 'technically bankrupt'... May not be completely AJ's fault but he was helming the company at the time. Maybe he should venture into other things? Clearly he is not in touch with the aviation world ...I'm sure there are other GLCs he can be assigned to

I believe they were keeping him to ease the transition of MAB.

As for board members, you can see that a lot of boards throughout doesn't necessarily need people with uber operational knowledge. All they need is business acumen. In my current company our board consist of lawyers, accountants etc - we're a food company.

AJ may have not been able to turn MAS around, but how much of it was due to him and how much of it is was due to externalities? He did manage Malakoff well enough before he joined MAS.

I guess you are right suhaimi.. The garmen probably knows that it is not AJ's fault that MAS fell apart but their greed

MAS was rotten to the core and full of legacy issues. So we need a hard reset.

It is good to note that CM emphasised that the airline that will come online on 1 September is a NEW airline. People (especially the unions) should get that into their head. CM has warned everybody that this is a clean sheet airline with a new AOC and new offices, IT and admin infrastructure, etc.

So lets wait and see what he can do...

God I hate NUFAM. That Nasaruddin guy should be thrown with a shoe. If not coz of the gomen MAS would not even have money to pay their salary.

He and his cadre can strike or burn a gazillion candles for all they want. Calling retrenched employees to strike? How is that even a strike. Not very bright, these NUFAM cretins.

My 2-cent worth here.

Seriously, i dont think that he will accept the job at MAS if his hands tied up and the gov still have a say in what ever decision being made. I mean, why he would risk his reputation.. unless he got personal interest in MAS which i doubt it. I'm interested to know what makes him accepted the job at MAS.. too bad i didn't see it being ask in any of his interview.

Well maybe the RM20m was too good to turn down :D

And the most well spent to yield results from the 6 billion wasted.

So is MH code still remained? I hope it is still... else it would from Malaysian Hospitality to Muller's Halt! No pun intended! Haha!

“Our aircraft size is too large because these aircraft were purchased when the connecting market between Europe and Australia was firmly in the hands of South-East Asian carriers,” chief executive officer Christoph Mueller said in an interview on Wednesday at parent Khazanah Nasional Bhd’s Kuala Lumpur headquarters. “We need to reinvent ourselves with regards to the fleet, not necessarily the fleet size but the aircraft size.

It has taken the industry 10 years to have a fleet rollover, he said, citing 747-400s as an example of an aircraft replaced not with A380s or 747-800s but with smaller planes.

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/303133

It seems CM is agreeing with forumers here on MH fleet mix.

Edited by KK Lee

i dont think it's an overall justified statement....our next door neighbour's SQ can still deploy their wide bodies tapping the kangaroo routes and be profitable...sometimes its not about the hardware....but how best we use the hardware that counts

i dont think it's an overall justified statement....our next door neighbour's SQ can still deploy their wide bodies tapping the kangaroo routes and be profitable...sometimes its not about the hardware....but how best we use the hardware that counts

Different market conditions altogether. Not an apple to apple comparison.

but imagine bot only to Aussie, but even to HK, MAS cannot sustain a wide-body load and will use the smaller and cramped 738s.