MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
xtemujin

Turkish Airlines plane crash-lands after overshooting runway THY726

MH170 had to turn back because of this incident which caused KTM to close. MH170 landed at 3 something in G4 after 5 hours flight to nowhere - I saw them deplane as the plane 9MMXJ was used subsequently for my MH605. They were mad and were scolding MH ground staff. Angry mob ...

And the reason why they were scolding MH ground staff was because the staff allegedly abandoned a TK A330 on KTM runway?

Maybe the pax were really trying to get more info (why?, how long the delay? when's next departure?, accommodation?), which the staff probably didn't have at hand at that point in time...

And the reason why they were scolding MH ground staff was because the staff allegedly abandoned a TK A330 on KTM runway?

Maybe the pax were really trying to get more info (why?, how long the delay? when's next departure?, accommodation?), which the staff probably didn't have at hand at that point in time...

Cause they were frustrated at going on a 5 hour flight to nowhere. Unfair to the ground staff

Visibility looked pretty poor. So MH had to turn back and return to KUL, do they have enough fuel for that!?

Don't think it got very far. Turned around and was circling over Ipoh for a while

Cause they were frustrated at going on a 5 hour flight to nowhere. Unfair to the ground staff

Yes, but MH service recovery is not the best. Anyway, the pax should remember that it is more pleasant to come back to KUL than be stranded elsewhere.

Yes, but MH service recovery is not the best. Anyway, the pax should remember that it is more pleasant to come back to KUL than be stranded elsewhere.

Overheard some staff saying there would be a problem for the Nepalese workers cause of their visa entries thing - ok to go home if you're malaysian but I feel sorry for the Nepalese workers who I suspect will be spending the night in KLIA. Hope MH gives them food etc

Visibility looked pretty poor. So MH had to turn back and return to KUL, do they have enough fuel for that!?

They probably havent reach PNR yet.

MH/KLAS should hire Nepali speaking ground staff to deal with the majority of the passengers of this flight. There are a lot of flights to KTM nowadays that this option seems very viable, cheap labour, high take up rates. Definitely will help MH's bottomline.

Alternatively, MH could send the existing ground staff to undergo an intensive Nepali language course (spoken and written). If staff resist, put their names in the list of staff to be terminated when MAS New Co takes over.

The moral of the story is, if MH ground staff owned their job, they should be able to identify the profile and socio economic status of the passengers, anticipate their reaction after flying for 5 hours to nowhere, the agony about what will happen to them next etc.

For all we know, their angry mob reaction are of feared of being conned by MH, you know, being forfeited of their ticket and they need to purchase a new one, Immigration matter and drama and such, you knowlah kan bosses Malaysia sekarang ni kan ramai yang kaki kelentong and hisap darah.

If MH ground staff owned their job, the angry mob case should have been manageable. My ex boss always said, Azizul ask yourself, do you own your job? Own it as if you did it sepenuh hati kau and you know every milimeter of the story of the job from start to finish. Can you yell it to me and more importantly to yourself that you owned it? If yes, then bagus. If not, then kau pegi balik Malaysia buat tahik jelah.

MH/KLAS should hire Nepali speaking ground staff to deal with the majority of the passengers of this flight. There are a lot of flights to KTM nowadays that this option seems very viable, cheap labour, high take up rates. Definitely will help MH's bottomline.

Alternatively, MH could send the existing ground staff to undergo an intensive Nepali language course (spoken and written). If staff resist, put their names in the list of staff to be terminated when MAS New Co takes over.

The moral of the story is, if MH ground staff owned their job, they should be able to identify the profile and socio economic status of the passengers, anticipate their reaction after flying for 5 hours to nowhere, the agony about what will happen to them next etc.

For all we know, their angry mob reaction are of feared of being conned by MH, you know, being forfeited of their ticket and they need to purchase a new one, Immigration matter and drama and such, you knowlah kan bosses Malaysia sekarang ni kan ramai yang kaki kelentong and hisap darah.

If MH ground staff owned their job, the angry mob case should have been manageable. My ex boss always said, Azizul ask yourself, do you own your job? Own it as if you did it sepenuh hati kau and you know every milimeter of the story of the job from start to finish. Can you yell it to me and more importantly to yourself that you owned it? If yes, then bagus. If not, then kau pegi balik Malaysia buat tahik jelah.

That is very inspirational, I must say, a reminder to everyone including me. :)

Is the aircraft involved one of their older ones?

Airbus A330-303 MSN 1522: TC-JOC

First Flight 29-04-2014

Delivered 27-05-2014

What a waste to have such a new aircraft written off. TC-JOC airframe hours was only 4139 hours.

I am quite surprised the experienced pilot insisted on landing when he has inadequate visual reference. Also note it was his first landing at TIA.

The fog plays a role as well.

What a waste to have such a new aircraft written off. TC-JOC airframe hours was only 4139 hours.

I am quite surprised the experienced pilot insisted on landing when he has inadequate visual reference. Also note it was his first landing at TIA.

The fog plays a role as well.

Fog or no fog, the rule is very simple. When doing a non-precision approach, go around before MDA if no visual with the runway / approach lights.

Edited by alberttky

Sign in to follow this