MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

2015-2016 Aircraft Deliveries to MAS Group, AirAsia Group & Malindo

First A350-900XWB for Malaysia Airlines is in production sequence. MSN159

Actually, two are already loaded, MSN 166 is aircraft #2

Does anyone know if the upcoming OD delivery -LNC will be EDTO/ETOPS?

All we see in Perth is -LNV, W and Y and on the very odd occasion -LNP.

Are all of OD's B738's ETDO compliant or just the above ones listed?

For a frequent traveller on Malindo and with 3 return flights booked PER-KUL-PEN over the coming 3 months it's becoming a tad frustrating!

All aircrafts that goes into Australia needs special approval and in Malindo only those aircraft listed above has been approved by CASA. In certificate files onboard these aircrafts have some kinda like CASA AOC certificates that is issued individually per aircraft. Without this certificates no aircraft can go in for scheduled service into Australia. There are more EDTO approved aircraft apart from those you listed above in Malindo.

On the topic of Malindo what's their future fleet expansion plans? I've read on here they have at least one new build B738 on order -LNC.

Also a couple of weeks back, I was on Wikipedia and I saw a reference that OD is taking the 6 x B739ER's in the Batik Air fleet. I know Wikipedia is seldom correct but is this fact or fiction?

On the topic of Malindo what's their future fleet expansion plans? I've read on here they have at least one new build B738 on order -LNC.

Also a couple of weeks back, I was on Wikipedia and I saw a reference that OD is taking the 6 x B739ER's in the Batik Air fleet. I know Wikipedia is seldom correct but is this fact or fiction?

Yes LNC is brand new.

LCC, LCD, LCF, LCG, LCH, LCJ Is ExBatik

Looking at the speed of neo deliveries, it does makes sense on the intention of rapid ridding the -AJ* series, while wet leasing XT A320 and A330 to fill in the aircraft shortage gap for DPS, MLE and MFM routes.

Looking at the speed of neo deliveries, it does makes sense on the intention of rapid ridding the -AJ* series, while wet leasing XT A320 and A330 to fill in the aircraft shortage gap for DPS, MLE and MFM routes.

The AK fleet has actually contracted this year, but aircraft utilisation has increased. AK is working its fleet harder - a sign that fleet reliability is good.
Hopefully, safety and maintenance work has not been compromised.
Edited by flee

I wonder if OD is in shrinking mode, or expansion mode? Seems like they still taking delivery of new aircraft, but there has been many flight cancellation of late. Anyone can shed some light what is happening. FY too.

Next A320neo delivery will be to Thai Airasia:

Thai AirAsia Airbus A320-251n - MSN 7195, Test Reg F-WWIM, Reg HS-BBX, First flight 12/10/2016

Two 333s heading to AK from Indonesia Air Asia X apparently

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2016/09/06/airasia-to-lease-two-aircraft-from-indonesia-airasia-extra/

We gonna see these deployed on BKI and KCH flights again ? :)

I just did a quick scan of the flights these aircraft are performing. So far, they have been operating on high load routes - must be a seasonal thing - to:

1 KUL-HKG

2 KUL-MFM

3 KUL-MLE

4 KUL-CMB

5 KUL-DPS

New delivery for AirAsia India, ex-AirAsia Malaysia birds

1. Airbus A320 -216 MSN 2842 VT-HYD 14 Oct 2016 HYD-DEL ex 9M-AFA
  2. Airbus A320 -216 MSN 2612 VT-PNQ 21 Sep 2016 HYD-BLR ex 9M-AFI

• Airbus A320 -216 MSN 2842 VT-HYD 14 Oct 2016 HYD-DEL ex 9M-AFA

The granddaddy of Air Asia's 320 fleet :)

The granddaddy of Air Asia's 320 fleet :)

In some ways, it is like the A320neo these days - the first of its kind. It was AirAsia's first A320 when the whole of the AK fleet was B733s.

Airbus A320-216 - MSN 2612 Test Reg F-WWBV First flight 11/11/2005 Delivered 5/12/2005

Another left the AirAsia Malaysia fleet:

Airbus A320-214 MSN6096 Guangxi Beibu Gulf Airlines B-8511 Air-test at KUL 23 Oct 2016 by Azur Aviation F-WTDR prior delivery Nov 216 KUL-TSN in special cs ex 9M-AJM

Another left the AirAsia Malaysia fleet:

Airbus A320-214 MSN6096 Guangxi Beibu Gulf Airlines B-8511 Air-test at KUL 23 Oct 2016 by Azur Aviation F-WTDR prior delivery Nov 216 KUL-TSN in special cs ex 9M-AJM

Departed KUL tonight.

30574747991_a0ff128a50_c.jpg