MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

2015-2016 Aircraft Deliveries to MAS Group, AirAsia Group & Malindo

First Thai AirAsia A320neo is now delivered:

Airbus A320 -251N 7195 HS-BBX Thai Air Asia delivery 30-31oct16 TLS-DWC-DMK ex F-WWIM

At the same time, ex-Malaysia Airlines B747-4H6 9M-MPI is heading for scrapper after Hajj lease to Saudia:

Boeing 747 -4H6 27672 1091 TF-AAE Air Atlanta Icelandic ferried 27oct16 JED-EGBP after wet-lease to Saudi Arabian Airlines for part-out & scrap ex HZ-AWA1

I thought AK is only selling off their older aircraft. But an A320 with sharklet is relatively new. What is going on?

I thought AK is only selling off their older aircraft. But an A320 with sharklet is relatively new. What is going on?

Older aircraft are all paid up - so its a case of pump petrol and go!

The newer aircraft are still under finance and selling them will reduce borrowings. This will free up facilities for the new and more expensive NEOs.

Both the NEOs are off domestic routes now.

They are doing KUL to SIN, DMK, CGK and HKG routes for the past few days.

Delivery of 9M-AGB is imminent.

Edited by flee

from Skyliner:

Airbus A320-251N MSN 7309 Reggo 9M-AGB AirAsia delivery 03-04nov16 XFW-DWC-KUL ex D-AXAG

[update]

Boeing B737-8GP(WL) MSN 38314 Reg 9M-LNC Malindo Air delivery 4 Nov 2016 OD1 ( BFI-HNL-PNI-KUL )

OD livery is getting confusing.

https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status/793219133349310464

The previous factory fresh delivery, 9M-LNZ came in like this:

27362094634_cbc538c319_c.jpg

It then became this before entry into service:

30179914754_3de0f5ecf6_c.jpg

I would expect some work to be done to the livery before we see this plane enter revenue service.

I boarded -LNZ last month on a late night flight to Penang and looked at the fuselage when boarding, the 'Malindo' titles are just a big sticker decal, when you see it up close i.e. boarding its a completely different shade of white where it's been applied to the relatively new fuselage.

Does anyone know if -LNC is EDTO equipped for Perth services? Apart from the usual 3 B738's we see exclusively, -LNP made a couple of visits early last week on the overnight flights.

The aircraft were prob painted with Batik titles in anticipation of securing regulatory approval for the new name upon entering commercial service...but once reg approval was not forthcoming, up came the existing name...

Yes, noticed 9M-LNZ fresh from Boeing factory. OD has three different livery up to day.

Yes, they are now flying with three liveries. This is another variation of the Batik livery.

30150315470_38f573b41f_c.jpg

In flee's pic you see clearly see 'Malindo' is just a big sticker that's been applied over the Batik titles.

Nice shot and the first time I've seen LCJ which I believe is the 6th and final B738 transfer and joins LCC, D, F, G and H.

With Batik Air Indo transitioning across to an Airbus fleet are they due anymore former PK registered ones?

In flee's pic you see clearly see 'Malindo' is just a big sticker that's been applied over the Batik titles.

Nice shot and the first time I've seen LCJ which I believe is the 6th and final B738 transfer and joins LCC, D, F, G and H.

With Batik Air Indo transitioning across to an Airbus fleet are they due anymore former PK registered ones?

Hi Tom, Expecting all of Batik Air's B738/739 will join Malindo. But it will be over a period of time.

AirAsia Zest added a second-hand A320-214:

Airbus A320-214 2183 RP-C3227 AirAsia Zest first in svc 29 October MNL-PPS-MNL ex MyTravel Airways OY-VKP, PAL Express RP-C3227 12.7 years old

Not sure why they didn't transfer one of their jest from AirAsia family instead.

AirAsia Zest added a second-hand A320-214:

Airbus A320-214 2183 RP-C3227 AirAsia Zest first in svc 29 October MNL-PPS-MNL ex MyTravel Airways OY-VKP, PAL Express RP-C3227 12.7 years old

Not sure why they didn't transfer one of their jest from AirAsia family instead.

I think Airasia don't have any more spare aircraft and this leased aircraft from GECAS became available at the right time and the right price. I wonder if they will retire any of their very old planes soon.

When is LNC and LND entering into service? LNC still hasn't flown a revenue flight yet after its delivery.

They usually need to have the seats and cabin fitted in Subang and only then will they be put into service. That's what I heard last hence why they usually don't go into service after delivery.