MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

2015-2016 Aircraft Deliveries to MAS Group, AirAsia Group & Malindo

Updates

AirAsia X Airbus A330-343 MSN 1674 Reg: 9M-XBB Delivered: 28-05-2016 [leased from BOC Aviation]

Airasia X is reducing its wet lease operations this year. But regular seasonal wet lease customer is still taking aircraft from them.

From Skyliner:

9M-XXP ferried 28/05/16 KUL-CZL on wet-lease to Air Algérie

Edited by flee

Airasia X is reducing its wet lease operations this year. But regular seasonal wet lease customer is still taking aircraft from them.

From Skyliner:

9M-XXP ferried 28/05/16 KUL-CZL on wet-lease to Air Algérie

Wonder why -XXP was selected and not the albino -XXA??

Wonder why -XXP was selected and not the albino -XXA??

I would imagine that it was chosen because it does not need to go in for maintenance during the lease period.

AirAsia X may reshuffle two of its Indonesia AirAsia Extra A333 back to main fleet or to Thai Air Asia X.

Having said that, during the recent meeting, TF mentioned AirAsia X current fleet stands at 31. I only managed to find 29 A333CEO, including those six that went to Thai and Indonesia subsidiaries. Where is the extra two??

Airasia X has 23, Thai Airasia X has 6, Indonesia Airasia X has 2.

Thai Airasia X took up two n.t.u.'s from Airasia X and registered them as HS-XTE (MSN 1619) and HS-XTF (MSN 1646).

Although withdrawn from service, 9M-XAA seems to be still in the Airasia X fleet - apparently, it was reported that this aircraft will only be returned in 2Q 2016.

Airasia X has 23, Thai Airasia X has 6, Indonesia Airasia X has 2.

Thai Airasia X took up two n.t.u.'s from Airasia X and registered them as HS-XTE (MSN 1619) and HS-XTF (MSN 1646).

Although withdrawn from service, 9M-XAA seems to be still in the Airasia X fleet - apparently, it was reported that this aircraft will only be returned in 2Q 2016.

Oh yes, MSN 1619 and MSN 1646 were delivered directly to XJ directly. That tallies the number. Thank you for the clarification, flee.

9M-XAA is all wrapped up like a Christmas present currently, parked at klia2 between Gates P and Q. They could have utilise her fully before sending her to scrapyard.

Hopefully 'cityline livery' get transferred to 9M-XXA.

What regos will AK's upcoming A320NEO deliveries be assigned?

I am just guessing - 9M-ANA? :drinks:

Busy few weeks for deliveries to Malindo

9M-LCC B737-8GP(WL) c/n 39836 ex PK-LDE

First Malindo aircraft painted with "Batik Air" tail/rear fuselage - Malindo titles. d/d 05-2016

9M-LCD B737-8GP(WL) c/n 38309 ex PK-LDF

Painted with "Batik Air" tail/rear fuselage - Malindo titles. Ferried 29jun16 SZB-KUL

9M-LCE B737-8GP(WL) reported at SZB prior to entering service

9M-LMS ATR72-600 c/n 1332 Test Reg F-WWEP

f/f 25-05-2016 d/d 29-06-2016 TLS-Paphos-Abu Dhabi Bateen-Mumbai-Dhaka-SZB arriving 02-07-2016. Flew first service OD7236 SZB-KBR 03-07-2016.

9M-LNT ATR72-600 c/n 1336 Test Reg F-WWET

f/f 02-06-2016 d/d 02-07-2016 TLS-Paphos-Abu Dhabi Bateen (should arrive at SZB by 06-07-2016

9M-LNZ B737-8GP(WL) c/n 38303

f/f 14-06-2016 d/d 27-06-2016 ferried BFI-HNL-SZB 27 to 28-06-2016 as OD1. First Malindo aircraft to be branded Batik Malaysia.

Believe -XXT has also followed -XXP in being leased out to Air Algerie.

Seems to have started lease 1st June. Last AirAsia flight was KCH-KUL on 27th May 2016.

Philippines AirAsia has returned another A320-232 to lessor:

Airbus A320-232 MSN 2141 RP-C8897 Air Asia Zest Airways ferried 03 Jul 2016 CRK-CTS-ANC on return to lessor ex N581JB

Malaysia Airlines Kargo reactivated another A332F:

Airbus A330-223(F) MSN1180 9M-MUD Malaysia Airlines ferried 02 Jul 2016 KUL-BKI-PVG after storage since mid-jan16 ex F-WWYR

I would say good riddance Philippines AirAsia is getting rid those IAE powered A320, they are in shambles.

I would say good riddance Philippines AirAsia is getting rid those IAE powered A320, they are in shambles.

This one is not that old - 12+ years old. They have older ones that they are also trying to get rid of ASAP.

This one is not that old - 12+ years old. They have older ones that they are also trying to get rid of ASAP.

Yes, those older ones are really in a shamble. I like to trace old aircraft history. I flew with PH AirAsia recently. RP-C8993 (MSN 667: ex Aero Lloyd, Niki and Air Slovakia) and RP-C8987 (MSN 1286: ex US Airways and Spring Airlines).

RP-C8993 being oldest A320 in AirAsia Group, its interior is yesteryear: big cushion leather seat which restrict leg room when the person in front reclines, yellowing panel, reading light mostly not working, all but six fasten seats belt sign were not working, broken seat and lavatories door that could not be locked. It has storage container from Ansett Australia, Alitalia and Zest Air, big oven front and back and coffee machines.

RP-C8987 is slightly better. Big huge, rock hard leather seats (American is bigger built than Asians), inoperable panel, yellowing panel, two big ovens at the back galley. grey interior, two huge a** oven front and back and coffee machines.

I lost all pictures when my phone was pickpocketed in Manila.

Looked to be some activity around -XAA this morning parked opposite the P gates. I recall reading on here that it was covered up but it looked airworthy and clean from what I saw this morning.

Its departure from the D7 fleet has been delayed a few times.

It was recently mentioned that it will leave the fleet in the Q2-Q3 timeframe. Maybe the owners prefer to keep it here due to lower storage charges. Perhaps, they are finally ready to receive the aircraft....

I read somewhere Kahala Aviation, the lessor will send it to scrapper after her return. Couldn't find the link anymore...9M-XAA operation was restricted to North Asia route and occasionally Perth during her service.

Airasia's first two A320NEOs will go to Malaysia and Thailand:

MSN 7150 - 9M-NEO

MSN 7195 - HS-BBX

First shot of 9M-NEO with CFM LEAP engines installed. Now inner part of winglets have AirAsia title. Photo credit to Steve Scott.

28539165432_dfb2ae8c41_c.jpgFWWBN290716TLS by Steve Scott, on Flickr