MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

2015-2016 Aircraft Deliveries to MAS Group, AirAsia Group & Malindo

Not a delivery but:

9M-XAB previously AirAsia X 340-313X is now stored at Lourdes, France. Still currently registered with Malaysia rego with Malaysia flag.

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/001148551L.html

9M-XAC previously AirAsia X 340-313X is now stored at Parchim, Germany. Re-registered as D-AAAN (It still has Malaysia flag on)

http://www.berlin-aviation-forum.com/t8145-parchim-szw-08-11-2015-vorfeld-fotoflug

Edited by JuliusWong

Airbus A320-216 MSN4147 9M-AJV AirAsia first in svc 17nov15 KUL-BKI after transfer ex PK-AXK

Source: Skyliner

Couldn't help but notice there is quite a few D7 A333's parked around KLIA. -XXA (all white) and -XXK (hybrid scheme) both back from Flynas and PIA has returned HADJ leases -XXD and -XXG although the later was terminated early as it suffered a ground accident. These are in addition to the their current active A333's which seem to have low utilisation rates of recent.

Anyone know the plan for the D7 fleet moving forward is?

Couldn't help but notice there is quite a few D7 A333's parked around KLIA. -XXA (all white) and -XXK (hybrid scheme) both back from Flynas and PIA has returned HADJ leases -XXD and -XXG although the later was terminated early as it suffered a ground accident. These are in addition to the their current active A333's which seem to have low utilisation rates of recent.

Anyone know the plan for the D7 fleet moving forward is?

According to their CEO, D7 is actively looking at charter market and wet lease to other carrier if need be. No clear strategy for now as they are right sizing their seat capacity.

Btw, some Sri Lanka flight are now done with AK A320 instead of D7 A330.

Whilst on the subject of Sri Lankan and Indian flights, I see some of the new -AJ* series are ETOPS rated: -AJJ, -AJP, -AJT and U are some of the ones I've noted.

9M-XAA A330-303 has returned to KUL from LH Maintenance Centre in MNL. Anyone knows if she is returning to service?

New Delivery:

Malindo Air Boeing 737-8GP(WL) MSN 39871 Reg: 9M-LNY Delivered: 23-11-2015

-XAA just came back from Paya Lebar yesterday (23/11) as D7689

I think they have to do some work to it at Airod before it goes into service. Its the same for Batik Air B737s.

Due to checks and installation of some equipments by Lion's other half in Malindo, AIROD. Normally it takes around 2-3 weeks before it can be put into service

Apparently its for seat fitting. they ferry the aircraft seat less from BFI.

Not a delivery but AirAsia X newest A330-343X MSN 1674 has completed its painting at XFW.

MSN 1670 is now in primer green colour with D7's tail colour. Stored for future operator.

Is D7 taking more A330-343X delivery this year?

Their 9M-XBB MSN 1646 and 9M-XBC MSN 1659 have been sitting at TLS for quite some time.

Other websites are stating: MSN 1670 and MSN 1674 will be allocated to other airlines.

Edited by JuliusWong

Not a delivery but AirAsia X newest A330-343X MSN 1674 has completed its painting at XFW.

MSN 1670 is now in primer green colour with D7's tail colour. Stored for future operator.

Their 9M-XBB MSN 1646 and 9M-XBC MSN 1659 have been sitting at TLS for quite some time.

Other websites are stating: MSN 1670 and MSN 1674 will be allocated to other airlines.

Three of the above AirAsia X A330s performed their first flight this month:

1659 f/f 26-11-2015

1670 f/f 16-11-2015

1674 f/f 05-11-2015

According to the 2015 Q3 report, there will be ZERO deliveries for 2016 and 2017. It would appear that those slots or aircraft are going to be sold or postponed till after 2017. In the 2015 Q2 report, it was stated that there will be 4 deliveries in 2015, two will be postponed to 2016 and two would be sold.

Now that the two postponed to 2016 will also not be taken up, it would appear that aircraft destined to be XBB and XBC will now be sold as well.

1659 f/f 26-11-2015

1670 f/f 16-11-2015

1674 f/f 05-11-2015

I think that there is a good possibility that these will not be taken up and will be sold.

Edited by flee

1659 f/f 26-11-2015

1670 f/f 16-11-2015

1674 f/f 05-11-2015

According to the 2015 Q3 report, there will be ZERO deliveries for 2016 and 2017. It would appear that those slots or aircraft are going to be sold or postponed till after 2017. In the 2015 Q2 report, it was stated that there will be 4 deliveries in 2015, two will be postponed to 2016 and two would be sold.

Now that the two postponed to 2016 will also not be taken up, it would appear that aircraft destined to be XBB and XBC will now be sold as well.

I think that there is a good possibility that these will not be taken up and will be sold.

Thank you for the input. Yes flee, I read the same report too. Those planned two deliveries in 2016 has also been scrapped. I think it is safe to conclude that AirAsia X will not be taking any more A333 until A330neo comes into the picture. Unless there is some earlier A333 come off lease.

Eight straight quarters of loss isn't really instilling confidence at all for share markets.

Thank you for the input. Yes flee, I read the same report too. Those planned two deliveries in 2016 has also been scrapped. I think it is safe to conclude that AirAsia X will not be taking any more A333 until A330neo comes into the picture. Unless there is some earlier A333 come off lease.

Eight straight quarters of loss isn't really instilling confidence at all for share markets.

Airasia X and its Thai and Indonesian associates are not even able to max out the utilisation of the current fleet of aircraft. With the MYR sinking at a suicidal rate, it does not make sense to incur more USD borrowings and repayments on new aircraft that is not needed.

Yes, I strongly suspect that Airasia X can't wait to get their hands on the A339neo as 14% fuel savings per seat is nothing to be scoffed at, even with oil prices at current levels! I also doubt if they need the A359 as filling the seats on that plane may prove to be problematic for them.

Airasia X might even seek to sell older frames like 9M-XXA as these will become more expensive to maintain as they age. With wet leases to Saudi airlines declining (Flynas are buying their own aircraft and/or doing longer term leases), it may be better to reduce the fleet prior to taking on the new A339s in future.

Edited by flee

Things must be booming for D7 as -XXA and -XXD are now active again.

-XXD is currently on it's way down to PER.

Does anyone know what livery -XXA is in as last month it was parked up at KLIA in all-white following it's recent lease return?

New arrival to Malaysia aviation scene : Eaglexpress Air A330-243 9M-AZL cn 261 ex-Monarch Airlines G-SMAN. She was spotted doing test proving flight yesterday KUL-KCH-KUL yesterday.

Now in flynas colour, to be leased out for Hajj.

Edited by JuliusWong

i wonder when Malindo or Firefly gonna order high density ATR72, it can fit in 78 seats. but at the expense of 28inch seat pitch. if it's short haul it should be less of a concern.

New arrival to Malaysia aviation scene : Eaglexpress Air A330-243 9M-AZL cn 261 ex-Monarch Airlines G-SMAN. She was spotted doing test proving flight yesterday KUL-KCH-KUL yesterday.

Now in flynas colour, to be leased out for Hajj.

I was among the few that witness and captured her arrival at Kch the other day. Pictures can be seen at http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20198&page=4.

Edited by GeO