MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Cire

Chinese passengers opened emerg.doors

BEIJING—Upset by a delayed flight, at least two Chinese passengers opened emergency exit doors in protest as the plane was taxiing, forcing it to abort takeoff, police said Sunday.

The latest in a growing number of air-rage cases involving Chinese travelers happened in the early hours of Saturday morning in the southwestern city of Chengdu, after the China Eastern Airlines flight was delayed by a snowstorm.

Angry passengers complained about the delay and a lack of ventilation, and a man surnamed Zhou opened three emergency exits to prevent the plane from taking off, forcing it to return to the gate, according to state broadcaster China Central Television. A total of 25 passengers—all part of a single tour group—were held for questioning while the rest continued on to Beijing aboard a separate flight.

Kunming police said in an online statement that Mr. Zhou and a tour guide named Li have been placed under 15-day “administrative detention” for opening the doors and inciting passengers with false information.- AP news

27a07905d8fb9cab87c35b308c75620e.jpg?ito

Edited by Cire

Some reports said the passengers complained about ventilation, and apparently some passengers have health problem.

There are many such incidences when planes have to wait more than half an hour on tarmac waiting for clearance etc. Being in one where SYD bound AX have to divert to MEL for fuel while SYD sort out its congested airspace. A total of 1hr.20mins land time at MEL. Situation inside was quite stuffy, but luckily the doors are opened and cool air is able to come in. It can be quite stressful especially when there a couple of crying young kids/infants around..

Couldn't the pilots switched on the APU?

Maybe to save fuel?

I shudder to imagine the potentially explosive combination of these 'action orientated' Chinese passengers and if/when they are ever caught up in one of those seemingly common fog/sandstorm incidents at Abu Dhabi :)

Bunch of impatient and irrational idiots. The delay is for safety. Havent they heard of the effects snow storm can have on aircraft taking off??

Apparently the co-pilot behaved inappropriately by quarreling with the pax. rather than ensuring to the pax that everything is under control. Pretty idiotic!

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how this pans out. MU fiercely denied their pilots involved in such behaviour though!

I was on a D7 flight today. Onboard there were several Chinese pax watching movies and playing games on their tablets without any ear / head phones on. They turned on the volume quite loud and it was really annoying. Perhaps airlines should restrict pax to watch movies or playing games only with their ear / head phone on

Co-pilot being abusive? Well, sometimes I reckon the only way to talk to such stubborn and ignorant Chinese passengers is to use the language understandable to them. Being diplomatic and applying soft approach seems not to work with them. You got to talk the "slang" so to speak.

er....quiet zone can't work that well if you have a couple of infants on board either in Business class or coach. Experienced both scenarios. No dice. Quiet zone depends on one's luck, at least in my case. I wondered whether I could ask for a refund for this "premium" seat or not, if I have made a complain. Anyway..give and take.

Perhaps all safety demonstrations and briefings (including advising passengers against opening of emergency exits) should be done at waiting lounge for a period of time?

They should intro flight safety as a syllabus in high school there.

What? he thinks the door isn't needed. Does he drive a car without a door or what?

Imagine if these platinum elite chose to force open the emergency door mid-air..

Seems like a recent trend to open aircraft doors. Dangerous but funny at the same time. Btw not to worry mate doors cant be opened inflight

Seems like a recent trend to open aircraft doors. Dangerous but funny at the same time. Btw not to worry mate doors cant be opened inflight

Ah okay... was that due to the difference in air pressure between the pressurised interior and the high altitude exterior? Or is there a safety lock in place after taking off?

Edited by S V Choong

The difference is the one in Msia was not caused by ignorance,as the man was an off duty crew. He was believed to be arguing with his girlfriend at the time.

http://www.theborneopost.com/2012/08/04/man-jumps-off-moving-plane/

Sign in to follow this