MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Waiping

BKI/WBKK 2015

The first one, very underserved

The second one, impossibly unsustainable

(assuming it is only A320s being deployed on routes)

:D

Oops

Bki - kbr x 1 daily

Bki -jhb x 2 daily

Bki - kul x 14 daily

Edited by Dr Chuo Hock Tieng

Again as a passenger, I won't mind travel on OD or MH. As if the condition of T2 is not bad enough, you have to contend with the poor traffic condition there. Jam is guarantee starting just in front of the cargo handling terminal a couple of times daily. Unfortunately no plan to build a flyover from T2 directly to city center although we are expecting another 10(?) in the next few years.

Again as a passenger, I won't mind travel on OD or MH. As if the condition of T2 is not bad enough, you have to contend with the poor traffic condition there. Jam is guarantee starting just in front of the cargo handling terminal a couple of times daily. Unfortunately no plan to build a flyover from T2 directly to city center although we are expecting another 10(?) in the next few years.

another problem is the Tg Aru roundabout when 5pm everyday, weekend even worst especially after the sun is set.

Just out of curiosity, anyone know what was the IATA and ICAO codes for Jesselton airport before Kota Kinabalu came into being in 1967 ?

Just out of curiosity, anyone know what was the IATA and ICAO codes for Jesselton airport before Kota Kinabalu came into being in 1967 ?

Good question. Was hoping you can provide us the answer :p

Can't find anything in Borneo Airways' timetable either!

http://www.timetableimages.com/ttimages/ab4.htm

Didn;t know the existence of Borneo Airways between 1997-1999 based in Miri and run by Royal Brunei Airlines!

Oh by the way, here are some historical photos of Sabah, Tawau and Jesselton

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gus_breymann/sets/72157644601220179

Didn;t know the existence of Borneo Airways between 1997-1999 based in Miri and run by Royal Brunei Airlines!

I thought that was the Do228 Merpati Intan feeder service for BI...the one that crashed in Miri.

Went spotting today to see the 777:

20782640820_e17b792c1b_h.jpg

Great day for sailing!

20782628920_3c9ec26fb6_h.jpg

Landed at Runway 20, from Madinah.

20783943799_01a6ef152a_h.jpg

Taxied towards Runway 20.

20348123004_b7f28ed2a9_h.jpg

Takeoff from Runway 20.

Very nice shots Mr Alif! And BKI guys are lucky to have a spot like that! :clapping:

Thanks! Caterham Jet was (still saw it at 2.30PM today) also in town yesterday.

I thought that was the Do228 Merpati Intan feeder service for BI...the one that crashed in Miri.

Err.. No idea bro.

9M-MRP is the 2nd newest 77E in MH fleet. The newest being 9M-MRQ. Are they both owned by MH?

A400M spotted just took off around 1650hours from BKI heading to LBU. Looks fantastic, too bad I couldn't listen to how she sounds...

Imagine a very powerful 4-engined ATR72 :)

Imagine a very powerful 4-engined ATR72 :)

Thanks SS Lee. Hope to see her one day at BKI where I do the spotting along Jln Selangor.

On another note, newspaper reported that BKI T3 is the proposed plan to house AK, catered for their need & demands. AK will first move to T1 for a period of time before the completion of T3. 3 terminals... bring it on!

Which news source is it? Is it just mere talk or concrete/approved/in-the-pipeline plan?

Chinese Daily. Maybe it's sister paper Daily Express will have it? If it is concrete then we shall hear more news. I suppose for now it is called preliminary. If all gets the green light BKI T3 is aimed for operations in 2020, to be base for about 18 AK planes. I hope they take the other supporting services like ATC/Immigration/transport infrastructures into account. Would be nice to have a LRT from BKI to KK city. Just dreaming.

Edited by Eddy Liew

Chinese Daily. Maybe it's sister paper Daily Express will have it? If it is concrete then we shall hear more news. I suppose for now it is called preliminary. If all gets the green light BKI T3 is aimed for operations in 2020, to be base for about 18 AK planes. I hope they take the other supporting services like ATC/Immigration/transport infrastructures into account. Would be nice to have a LRT from BKI to KK city. Just dreaming.

There was a proposed dialogue between MAHB and AirAsia regarding the relocation to T1 issue. Perhaps, the latest news you mentioned today is the outcome of the (perhaps now concluded) dialogue?

There was a proposed dialogue between MAHB and AirAsia regarding the relocation to T1 issue. Perhaps, the latest news you mentioned today is the outcome of the (perhaps now concluded) dialogue?

You are correct. Whether there is more drama to come we don't know.

Edited by Eddy Liew

Whether there is more drama to come we don't know.

It's Malaysia Airports and Air Asia issue, you DO KNOW, no guessing necessary :lol:

Saw a red-tailed B737 parked at T1's bay 8 for a few days already. Anyone can shed some light?

9M-Mike Romeo Quebec on descend to BKI now for runway 20. Saw Romeo Quebec on final runway 20 while I was driving along coastal highway near Sutera Harbour last week. What a view... awesome to see her. Only so few of those B772s left now. Soon we might not see any B777s coming to BKI.

Edited by Eddy Liew

Sign in to follow this