MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Waiping

BKI/WBKK 2015

Yup the taxiway extension done with proper lighting. Not often u see them using the whole taxiway though.

MAS operated a chartered flight MH8634 from TWU 13Jan eta: 1840 ... anyone know what was that for?

Yup the taxiway extension done with proper lighting. Not often u see them using the whole taxiway though.

Thanks Waiping... Wonder what the reason is for that? Too close to the Jalan Kepayan perhaps??

Thanks Waiping... Wonder what the reason is for that? Too close to the Jalan Kepayan perhaps??

it should be seldom got aircraft use full runway to do landing. and rwy20 seldom in use. for MH 737, MasWings, and other T1 operator mostly make their stop and vacate via Golf intersection.

For T1 traffics B738/A320 normally they taxi to taxiway Kilo, meaning full length runway used for Runway 02. Sometimes MAS B738 do what AirAsia does, request taxi to taxiway Juliet, so not full length used. Turboprops take Juliet most of the time! save fuel save time why not?

As for Runway 20, it is not often used. I only heard full length used by MAS B738 once to taxiway November, the rest normally to Delta. AirAsia & co of course, always to Bravo. Most traffic from T1 are used to departing from Delta anyway during the runway works at the beginning of runway 20.

So you don't really need to use full length runways for take offs most of the time. Of course there is a lot of factors to consider... and I am a mere amateur in this. If you go to Changi, the policy is all aircrafts taxi to the end of the runway for full length use, even though you are are turbo prop!. Takes quite sometime I remember!

Edited by Eddy Liew

For T1 traffics B738/A320 normally they taxi to taxiway Kilo, meaning full length runway used for Runway 02. Sometimes MAS B738 do what AirAsia does, request taxi to taxiway Juliet, so not full length used. Turboprops take Juliet most of the time! save fuel save time why not?

As for Runway 20, it is not often used. I only heard full length used by MAS B738 once to taxiway November, the rest normally to Delta. AirAsia & co of course, always to Bravo. Most traffic from T1 are used to departing from Delta anyway during the runway works at the beginning of runway 20.

So you don't really need to use full length runways for take offs most of the time. Of course there is a lot of factors to consider... and I am a mere amateur in this. If you go to Changi, the policy is all aircrafts taxi to the end of the runway for full length use, even though you are are turbo prop!. Takes quite sometime I remember!

I'll be rare to see a full RWY 20 departure unless BKI has widebody flights doing long haul with RWY20 active.

Just after the taxiway job finish I have seen on one instance a MasWings took off from November.

Just after the taxiway job finish I have seen on one instance a MasWings took off from November.

Considering it's now mid January, that makes BKI traffic sound so much more quieter than it really is :D

sounds like WBKK ATC has some problem? few flights on air reported unable to contact the advised frequencies.

Edited by Eddy Liew

Just wanted to update this thread.

PK-AXS ex 9M-AFK (Wow or fondly known as Angry Bird) livery. With direct flights to CGK and DPS we hope to see all 3 QZ special livery very soon - PK-AXA, AXS and AXY.

14361_10153463877541091_8147982577899074

Also, AK will start BKI - CEB soon on 27 March. So hopefully can catch the RP-C8988 apart from RPC-8974.

we have a DC3 Reg C-FTGX heading to BKI... rare catch???

It is heading to BKI now.. don't know the ETA. Listen to Live ATC BKI feed for clue

Edited by Eddy Liew

we have a DC3 Reg C-FTGX heading to BKI... rare catch???

It is heading to BKI now.. don't know the ETA. Listen to Live ATC BKI feed for clue

That plane came to Subang and Kota Kinabalu couple of times

wow what a catch Waiping. I wonder whether it came from USS Bonhomme Richard but would have thought she has disembarked from Sepanggar RMN base.

On another note, with the arrival of a FR24 receiver in Miri there is some Multilateralization (MLAT) fix on non ads-b aicrafts around Sabah/Kalimantan area at high FLs. It is only a very small coverage area as there is a lack of good overlapping coverage of receivers around here, so only those at cruising levels can be detected. No joy for the AT75s or twin otters. A few more receivers not far from KK is needed I think to make that happen. Please see photo attached.

16492185630_b0aa7f10f6_h.jpg

Edited by Eddy Liew

Some more "ultra" rare today. Sorry for the poor quality. Not expecting them. Only heard unfamiliar call-sign on the radio.

11048664_10153492946506091_1520658502914

1505531_10153492946906091_79152412274690

Edited by Waiping

Nope. It was a case of waiting for the DC3 to depart but the MiGs showed up. Afternoon around 3.30pm

BKI.jpg

Saw here at BKI on 25 Feb 2015 whilst our Silk Air MI391 flight was taking off and headed to SIN.

What was she doing at BKI? Who owns her??

Sign in to follow this