MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Suzanne Goh

Indonesia AirAsia A320 PK-AXC Flight QZ8501 SUB-SIN Crashed Into the Java Sea All 162 POB Killed

Regardless of missing aircraft, Airasia storms over the flight to Singapore as QZ 8501 using PK-AXU today. I'm sure the feeling over the flight is very intense and sadness over the flight. Stay Strong~

Untitled1.png

They need to. It is a 4 weekly flight and from the dummy booking I did, for today and Wednesday the flight is full.

Airbus Sends Experts to Help Probe of Disappeared AirAsia A320

Airbus NV has dispatched two experts to Jakarta to assist in the investigation of the disappeared A320 airliner operated by AirAsia Bhd. (AIRA), the budget carrier that rose from almost nothing in 2001 to become Airbus’s biggest customer.
The single-aisle jet lost contact with air traffic control on the morning of Dec. 28, operating a scheduled service from Surabaya, Indonesia to Singapore with 155 passengers. Joining the Airbus team will be experts from France’s BEA air accident investigation bureau, which routinely sends staff to probe aircraft accidents involving planes made in France.
Airbus and AirAsia founder Tony Fernandes have fostered a close relationship over the years, with the entrepreneur building his airline exclusively around jets from the Toulouse, France-based manufacturer. Their special bond was on display at this year’s Farnborough Air Show, where Fernandes embraced Airbus executives on stage and lauded their longtime support, before cementing their ties with an order for 50 long-range A330neo airliners that Airbus had unveiled at the expo.
AirAsia has ordered 766 A320 aircraft over the years, including 291 A320neo models with more efficient engines that have yet to be delivered. The carrier is among the top 10 operators of Airbus’s most popular airliner, which was first introduced in the late 1980s and solidified Airbus’s success as the only veritable competitor to Boeing Co. (BA) in the popular single-aisle market.

Numerologists, is there any significance in this -

370 + 17 + 8501 = ?

Edited by flee

Numerologists, is there any significance in this -

370 + 17 + 8501 = ?

I'm no numerologist - but on what basis would you add these three together, when there are other crashes like 5017 and 222.

Not meant as a challenge - just trying to see what thought patterns made you chooose 370+17+8501 ......

I'm no numerologist - but on what basis would you add these three together, when there are other crashes like 5017 and 222.

Not meant as a challenge - just trying to see what thought patterns made you chooose 370+17+8501 ......

I guess the one thing tying all three is that the operating airline is ASEAN based?

All those flights are operated by Malaysian owned airlines.

Although Indonesia AirAsia is Indonesian registered and operates under an Indonesian AOC, it is still 49% Malaysian owned and under the AirAsia franchise.

it is still 49% Malaysian owned and under the AirAsia franchise.

And 51% owned by PT Fersindo Nusaperkasa. It's Indonesian as much as its nice to say my few shares of Petronas makes me the owner.

Although Indonesia AirAsia is Indonesian registered and operates under an Indonesian AOC, it is still 49% Malaysian owned and under the AirAsia franchise.

Did KFC USA should be blame for rotten chicken thigh served by KFC Malaysia? No

And 51% owned by PT Fersindo Nusaperkasa. It's Indonesian as much as its nice to say my few shares of Petronas makes me the owner.

49% is a substantial interest - they are a subsidiary. Their share of the results are reported and filed with Bursa Malaysia. Indonesia AirAsia pays fees to AirAsia Malaysia for use of its intellectual property and brands. AirAsia Malaysia has considerable influence and management control on how Indonesia AirAsia is run.

When Indonesia AirAsia does well, AirAsia Malaysia stands to benefit. Likewise, if Indonesia AirAsia has a disaster, AirAsia Malaysia will be negatively impacted. The stock price of AirAsia in Bursa Malaysia today is 2.70, down 24 sen.

Did KFC USA should be blame for rotten chicken thigh served by KFC Malaysia? No

Not sure if there is any equivalence here.

By your reasoning, Tony Fernandes should not be in Surabaya/Jakarta because he is not to be blamed...

Agreed it had impacted AirAsia Berhad as her parent company. But its not 'third tragedy for Malaysia' like some media suggest. TF choose to be in Surabaya due to his strong presence with the brand regardless he himself holds minor shares on Indonesia AirAsia. This QZ flight operated and owned by Indonesians. Not playing blaming game.

AirAsia Malaysia has considerable influence and management control on how Indonesia AirAsia is run.

Influence some? Yes. Licensing fees? Yes. IP income stream yes.

You Indonesians do as i say and bend over when i tell you? No. That's not how it works. I don't know the state of TF's relationship with the local partners (it may be fabulous), but if they ever flex their muscles because they're one day suddenly not happy to comply - i know who will end up running home to KUL.

This is because Indonesian Company laws heavily favour Indonesian partners. I come from an International company that has a 97.5% stake in a very large indonesian company. The 2.5% are protected by some obscure minority shareholding laws that i can't believe exist. They never turn up for "rapat umum" (AGM's) - sending proxies. To this day we don't know who they really are. All we know is that we can't do as we please, be it fund repatriation, capital investment, labor expatriation into and from Indonesia for example. This is unlike the way you can in another country where you have a controlling stake.

Air Asia Berhad's 49% in QZ isn't actually very "Kow" at all. (in mamak stall parlance)

Air Asia as a conglomerate ceased being Malaysian years ago. It may have been born here, it may have grown up here. But it is very un-Malaysian these days. Take away the Sentimentality about home grown kampung brand and the reality is that it's an Asian Airline with no less than 9 operating entities, headquartered in Jakarta, of which some Malaysians have a stake in with some partners in other countries.

Air ASIA. That was the plan all along.

Not sure where you get your shareholder information from. However, according to Airasia Berhad, their two substantial shareholders are the founders. See: http://www.airasia.com/my/en/about-us/ir-major-share-holders.page

AirAsia Group Structure. See: http://www.airasia.com/my/en/about-us/ir-organizational-structure.page

All AirAsia Group companies work withing the Group framework.

Flight and cabin crew all train at the AirAsia Academy. Aircraft purchases and maintenance is done at Group level. Flight schedules and other operations use a common platform. This is how they get their economies of scale. No single company can work by themselves and compromise other group members.

AirAsia Group is NOT headquartered in Jakarta. That was a failed arrangement for AirAsia ASEAN.

I did KUL-DPS-KUL yesterday, just hours after the incident. I flew the same airways as flown by the ill-fated QZ, just a few hours later.

At FL390 it was quite cloudy and bumpy. There was no big Cb at that time and level, however, for the route. Any lower level will be much more bumpier and there would be icing condition. I wonder if this incident will have any similarity with AF447.

Yes. The Jakarta HQ was closed in November 2013.

Tony Fernandes (pic) and Kamarudin Meranun, who started up AirAsia in 1993, had shifted their base to Indonesia and set up a regional office to focus on spearheading the company's expansion in Southeast Asia and further afield.

They will now move the regional office and merge its functions with Kuala Lumpur-listed AirAsia's head office to "simplify operations" in a company where net profit has tumbled 62% in the second quarter ended June.

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16106

Not sure where you get your shareholder information from. However, according to Airasia Berhad, their two substantial shareholders are the founders. See: http://www.airasia.com/my/en/about-us/ir-major-share-holders.page

Not talking about the Shareholders of Air Asia Berhad. I'm talking about the majority stakeholder of Indonesia Air Asia but anyway - If you're hell bent on it being a Malaysian Plane, so be it.

I did KUL-DPS-KUL yesterday, just hours after the incident. I flew the same airways as flown by the ill-fated QZ, just a few hours later.

At FL390 it was quite cloudy and bumpy. There was no big Cb at that time and level, however, for the route. Any lower level will be much more bumpier and there would be icing condition. I wonder if this incident will have any similarity with AF447.

Captain, is it usual that this weather in this area is quite unpredictable? My last flight on KLM flight KL836 between DPS-SIN seems to be quite bumpy near Pulau Belitung. There was a sudden jolt and captain warned everyone to buckle up, food and beverage serving were suspended. It became bumpy for the next 10 mins or so.

Not talking about the Shareholders of Air Asia Berhad. I'm talking about the majority stakeholder of Indonesia Air Asia but anyway - If you're hell bent on it being a Malaysian Plane, so be it.

Does sounded like they have a protectionist mechanism overthere, like the bumiputera stuff in Malaysia.

Edited by S V Choong

To be honest. when you talk about Air Asia & their red livery,- People will immediately think of Tony Fernandez & a Malaysian based company . Even when you look at every online discussion forum- People say it's a Malaysian plane. It's hard to think it off Indonesia base airline.

Edited by zeqa

If you're hell bent on it being a Malaysian Plane, so be it.

Don't think I mentioned it was a Malaysian plane. My apologies if people here misunderstood my posting.

To be honest. when you talk about Air Asia & their red livery,- People will immediately think of Tony Fernandez & a Malaysian based company . Even when you look at every online discussion forum- People say it's a Malaysian plane. It's hard to think it off Indonesia base airline.

Agree - Skytrax reviewers also don't know the differences between all the Airasia group companies.

Unfortunately, the single branding for all companies works both ways - good when things are good. And when there is a disaster, the public perception works the opposite way. TF will say that so far, the good outweighed the bad....

It's a successful branding, much like the cheapest fare anytime, which may not be true.

The way I think most people look at it, Air Asia = Tony Fernandez

Tony Fernandez = Malaysian

It's just that the chap IS part of the branding package

Some say it's not particularly healthy long term, but I say make hay while the sun shines

(sorry, OT already)

Edited by BC Tam

Those satellite images of the area at the time of the incident look really menacing.

Yes, it could be a similar thing like AF447 - high altitude stall. I wonder if those images of the ATC screen are authentic? If so, it would be evidence that the aircraft lost airspeed and a stall might have happened.

There is also a possibility that there is hail and it may cause engine flameout - thus reducing airspeed.

So many possibilities - we are starting to speculate .... ;)