MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Suzanne Goh

Indonesia AirAsia A320 PK-AXC Flight QZ8501 SUB-SIN Crashed Into the Java Sea All 162 POB Killed

This article made it to the Daily Mail UK, most info were taken from one of the cabin crews' Twitter account.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2888898/I-feel-truly-sorry-lost-MH17-Missing-AirAsia-plane-flight-attendant-s-chilling-message-victims-Malaysia-Airlines-disasters.html

Possible casualties:

156 Indonesian

3 South Korean

1 French

1 Malaysian

1 Singaporean

This article made it to the Daily Mail UK, most info were taken from one of the cabin crew's twitter account.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2888898/I-feel-truly-sorry-lost-MH17-Missing-AirAsia-plane-flight-attendant-s-chilling-message-victims-Malaysia-Airlines-disasters.html

Possible casualties:

156 Indonesian

3 South Korean

1 French

1 Malaysian

1 Singaporean

Read on CNN, it was 1 UK citizen instead of 1 French... or dual nationality?

Calm down...

I don't think official M'sia gov. stand in this matter is overly exaggerated, everyone knows the plane is Indonesian registered and incident happened in that country. For the most part, 3 TLDM vessels have been deployed to assist the SAR. Not

Not everyone. I had well meaning Thai and Singapore friends asking if the missing plane belongs to AirAsia and whether AirAsia is a Malaysian company?!!! I just deleted the texts and ignored, while swearing inside which part of the world are you living in? Next person who asks will be blocked.

I think this is the best website to look for latest details of the crash. The timeline format is brief and to the point.

- Search is now concentrated at the waters to the south of Borneo Island.

- Australia is offering its P3 Orion to help in the Search & Rescue efforts.

AirAsia Indonesia would like to issue a correction on the nationality breakdown of passenger and crew on board QZ8501 as follows:

Nationalities of passengers:

1 Singapore

1 Malaysia

3 South Korea

1 United Kingdom

149 Indonesia

Nationalities of crew:

1 France

6 Indonesia

AirAsia will release further information as soon as it becomes available. Updated information will also be posted on the AirAsia website,www.airasia.com.

I guess it is. Considering it is a holiday season, people might cancel the trip due to holiday related reasons. If you see the manifest that Mulyadir posted, the date the tickets were purchased is stated. Amongst the 23 no shows, some of the tickets were purchased as early as in March 2014 (for travel in late December 2014) so we can deduce that most of them are discounted tickets hence higher probability of no shows.

My attention is drawn to passengers in 1B and 1C. Tickets were purchased at the very last minute, paid full Y fare (on AirAsia!), Hot Seat, and they were among the last to check in (sequence no. 150 and 151 out of 155). They must be desperate to get to SIN for an urgent matter and ended up in such a fate.

Also the sole infant is South Korean.

The French crew is probably one of the flight deck crews or the technician.

It is a tragic no matter where the AirAsia plane is operated from. Any air disaster since MH370 will have an impact on Malaysians far and wide, being the frequency of it happening is just too close together, and we do not have enough time to mourn for.

For now, all we hope is for a miracle and a happy ending to this episode.

Latest news.,. Indonesian's SAR stopped its search at 6.30pm (MYR time) just now as weather wasn't permitting and "its getting dark".

Much be quite an anguished time now for the passengers' relatives and friends waiting to hear of the SAR's results.

Edited by Cire

My attention is drawn to passengers in 1B and 1C. Tickets were purchased at the very last minute, paid full Y fare (on AirAsia!), Hot Seat, and they were among the last to check in (sequence no. 150 and 151 out of 155). They must be desperate to get to SIN for an urgent matter and ended up in such a fate.

As per manifest, those tickets were bought 2 days earlier.

Aiyo, that is less than 48 hours prior to ETD = last minutelah. The aircraft departed at 5.20 am. I doubt the ticket sales office opens at 4 am and do extremely last minute ticket sales. In general, the fare for last minute ticket on budget airlines usually cost more than the same on full service airlines.

The point is, in reference to the case of passengers 1B and 1C, if it is not urgent, people won't be paying full fare ticket on a budget airline for a short 2 hours flight during a holiday season that departed before sunrise.

23 No Shows from 7 PNRs. I guess maybe at the last minute these families or buddies travelling together cancelled their plans. They must be counting their lucky stars now..

23 no shows have a simple answer: schedule change. QZ8501 was brought forward to 0530 STD from i think 630 or something. Not everyone got the email / call.

Well it depends on how you describe 'very last minute'. I would imagine reaching airport without single ticket. Mingle from one counter to another, finding the first available flight. Or browsing the internet, buy and fly, as AirAsia allows to purchase online tickets up to 4 hours before flight.

The Malaysian involved has been identified. Seated at 20F. From Bintangor, Sarawak. Also purchased the ticket at the last minute (26 December 2014) paying full Y fare.

This is very sad and my thoughts are with the families.

If we were to apply what we learnt from MH370, so... in this very critical early hours, any word from the military radar? What about the satellite phone pings?

Edited by Azman MN

Guys do the search aircrafts and ships need a special equipment to pick up the ELT signal?And if they do at what height and range can the signal be intercepted?

Regardless of missing aircraft, Airasia storms over the flight to Singapore as QZ 8501 using PK-AXU today. I'm sure the feeling over the flight is very intense and sadness over the flight. Stay Strong~

Untitled1.png