MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Garuda Indonesia is to be confirmed as the world's newest 5-Star Airline

Congratulations GA - you're now a Skytrax 5-star Member! Obviously a clear result from all the hardwork put into its turn-around and a job well done.

http://www.airlinequality.com/news/Garuda-achieves-5-Star-rating.htm

Maybe he should be roped in as an advisor for MH...(wishful thinking, I know.)

I thought they are bleeding (losing money) as much as MH.....?

I thought they are bleeding (losing money) as much as MH.....?

Yes, they used to but they have turned around, unlike MH.

You have to remember that the loss is in context of all these improvements that they have made to make GA what it is today. Those improvements cost money. MH losing money is due to too many staff and lop-sided contracts with cronies.

Went to Garuda's website today; here they goes:

Reaching the highest honour, Garuda Indonesia is now one of only seven 5 Stars Airlines in the World

Proud to represent our nation as one of only seven airlines in the world awarded 5 star, alongside All Nippon Airways, Asiana Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airways, Hainan Airlines, Qatar Airways and Singapore Airlines.

Malaysia Airlines disembunyikan. :rofl:

Of course they don't mention it, MAS 5star status is under review. If you read the reviews, a lot of negative comments from IFE, to seats and staff. Gone are the days of a 5 star carrier. Doubt aer lingus ceo guy would take too much stock of having 5star status.

Of course they don't mention it, MAS 5star status is under review. If you read the reviews, a lot of negative comments from IFE, to seats and staff. Gone are the days of a 5 star carrier. Doubt aer lingus ceo guy would take too much stock of having 5star status.

Whether mh will regain 5 star status should depends on market positioning.

To be honest - screw 5 star. Take a look at the most profitable airlines & you'll find one thing in common: not 5 star.

The fact that EK's not 5 star but is well known for premium service just goes to show how irrelevant the Skytrax stars have become.

MH should just forget about the "show off" bits like 5-star ratings. If they get the product and route network right, pax will return in droves. More satisfied pax will mean more votes in Skytrax. So the 5-star rating should return in future if MH can turn things around.

So its back to basics for MH.... follow what Garuda did!

Edited by flee

Thats very exciting to learn. I am flying with them on Friday on their new 77W from CGK to DPS.

Their 77Ws are awesome. Flew them twice, CGK-DPS and DPS-CGK (PK-GIB and GIE)

Service was great, crews were awesome (MH should relook back at their crew training)

Food? Way beyond what MH serves us on regional flights, in fact VN is even better

I can't agree with you more. In fact MH regional meals are like LCC without choice but complimentary. A real shame. Definitely not befitting a 5 Star Carrier

Last month i did early morning GA 819 KUL-CGK & back on GA 818, their last flight to KUL. Breakfast & dinner on each of d flight - they're good. They're gooooood. No doubt.

Their 77Ws are awesome. Flew them twice, CGK-DPS and DPS-CGK (PK-GIB and GIE)

Service was great, crews were awesome (MH should relook back at their crew training)

Food? Way beyond what MH serves us on regional flights, in fact VN is even better

Been on VN before... can't say they are good. Just 3-4 star airlines I guess! Food wise, not much to shout about.

That said, I have not been on MH for two years! Thanks Affendi. Look forward to my CGK-DPS trip with GA 77W

While GA inflight services are good, from my experience, the service quality is not consistent in their customer service though and there is still big room for improvements in this area. Their staff are generally friendly, it is just sometimes they have no clues in handling some situations. Not sure if they are not well trained or company information & procedures are not conveyed to them effectively.

Another thing is from my experience, SQ takes less than 24 hrs to reply to my email equiry / complaints while MH takes 2 weeks. GA however, has never reply to any of my emails.

Just got off GA89 on First. It was an amazing experience and at times, as my dad said, "disgustingly opulent". It's probably the best commercial airline experience out there right now, IMHO.

Completed my travel onboard GA412 from CGK to DPS on 19 December.

Traffic is always infamously bad in Jakarta, I left the Kelapa Gading area in East Jakarta at 4:15pm. My flight was scheduled to depart at 7:55pm. I was warned by my colleague that it is best to go the airport early, especially on a Friday evening. So it took me 1 hour & 45 mins to get to Terminal 2 at CGK. I arrived just after 6:00pm. Got to take a tour around the good old CGK terminal designed by American architecture firm SOM.

The FID did not show my flight, whether it was open to check in. So I entered the pax only area and went straight to GA counters to check in. GA staff was helpful and friendly. At the end only to find out our flight is delayed due to late arrival at the boarding gate (Apparently flight GA412 is often delayed as shown on Flightradar24's database). Our flight was delayed by 1.5 hour and arrived at Denpasar at 12:10am! Onboard, GA's service is great and i love the colourful uniform of the female F/As. The hairstyle may have been a copy of MH's hairstyle. GA proudly displays their Skytrax World Best Cabin Crew on the wall partition panel between biz and economy class. Wifi is also available onboard their 777-300ER if you are willing to pay a fee.

Movie and music is perhaps not my cup of tea and some movies were a bit old. So I dozed off after dinner. My first and quite a memorable flight with GA. Apparently our flight became GA886 bounded for Tokyo after we left it at DPS.

Edited by S V Choong

While GA inflight services are good, from my experience, the service quality is not consistent in their customer service though and there is still big room for improvements in this area. Their staff are generally friendly, it is just sometimes they have no clues in handling some situations. Not sure if they are not well trained or company information & procedures are not conveyed to them effectively.

Another thing is from my experience, SQ takes less than 24 hrs to reply to my email equiry / complaints while MH takes 2 weeks. GA however, has never reply to any of my emails.

Lately, GA has been very good in term of response time. The last email I wrote to them, I got a reply back in 2 days.

Just got off GA89 on First. It was an amazing experience and at times, as my dad said, "disgustingly opulent". It's probably the best commercial airline experience out there right now, IMHO.

I totally agree with you I had flown them F to NRT and back and I experienced the true romance of flying. There is no better F experience than the GA F experience now.

Completed my travel onboard GA412 from CGK to DPS on 19 December.

The FID did not show my flight, whether it was open to check in. So I entered the pax only area and went straight to GA counters to check in. GA staff was helpful and friendly. At the end only to find out our flight is delayed due to late arrival at the boarding gate (Apparently flight GA412 is often delayed as shown on Flightradar24's database). Our flight was delayed by 1.5 hour and arrived at Denpasar at 12:10am! Onboard, GA's service is great and i love the colourful uniform of the female F/As. The hairstyle may have been a copy of MH's hairstyle. GA proudly displays their Skytrax World Best Cabin Crew on the wall partition panel between biz and economy class. Wifi is also available onboard their 777-300ER if you are willing to pay a fee.

CGK is indeed hindering the growth of GA due to lack of apron space to park the aircraft. Hopefully, the new T3 ultimate terminal now under construction can help solve the problem.

Sign in to follow this