MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Geoff R.

Tunamaya Air service to Tioman

The Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort is offering charter flights to Tioman from Subang and Senai starting 30th December. An NST article mentions an 8-seat "Cessna".

Anyone know which aircraft will be used or who will operate the flights?

Flight schedule below is from the resorts website.

Tunamaya Air Private Charter Service

This will be available from December 30, 2014 and onwards.

Day of operation: Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Sunday

Airport options:

1. Senai International Airport, Johor Bahru. Fare at MYR 408 per person per way. Maximum 1 flight for 8 people.

Route: Senai International Airport (JHB) to Tioman Island (TDO)

Departure time: 2:00 PM

Arrival time: 3:00 PM

Route: Tioman Island (TDO) to Senai International Airport (JHB)

Departure time: 11:30 AM

Arrival time: 12:30 PM

2. Subang Skypark Terminal, Subang. Fare at MYR 608 per person per way. Maximum 1 flight for 8 people.

Route: Subang Skypark Terminal (SZB) to Tioman Island (TDO)

Departure time: 9:30 AM

Arrival time: 11:00 AM

Route: Tioman Island (TDO) to Subang Skypark Terminal (SZB)

Departure time: 3:30 PM

Arrival time: 5:00 PM

Geoff

Being effectively a commercial single engine turboprop operation, is this operation restricted to day VFR or does the MY DCA have provision for "Approved Single Engine Turbine Powered Aeroplane" (ASETPA) where a turbo single can operated IFR and NVFR ops subject to fulfilling a list of criteria in their CAR?

Being effectively a commercial single engine turboprop operation, is this operation restricted to day VFR or does the MY DCA have provision for "Approved Single Engine Turbine Powered Aeroplane" (ASETPA) where a turbo single can operated IFR and NVFR ops subject to fulfilling a list of criteria in their CAR?

I wondered about this if they were using a Cessna 208, but maybe they are using a Cessna twin.

Geoff

Well thats a possibility, as we all know in the media world a "Cessna" is any light prop. While many will disagree, I firmly believe in ASETPA. It was only 20yrs or so ago that everyone was saying flying twins long haul (or ETOPS in general) was crazy!

Edited by Peter Smith

Sign in to follow this