MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

AirAsia X flies into greater turbulence

Re-route to Melbourne? Then? They will give us onwards flight to Adelaide?

Don't think so - they are asking if you would like the option to reroute to Melbourne. If you are not prepared to do that, get a refund or a credit shell...

Don't think so - they are asking if you would like the option to reroute to Melbourne. If you are not prepared to do that, get a refund or a credit shell...

Too much troubles. They should re-route to MH.

I'm pretty sure if you want to reroute via Melb you need to find your own way to get to and back from Melb.

I'm going to reroute since it'll still be heaps cheaper than MH. Question is whether I can get the seats on the flights I want!

I'm going to reroute since it'll still be heaps cheaper than MH. Question is whether I can get the seats on the flights I want!

Never say never! MH has pretty low pricing nowadays, especially during their promotions. Also use Skyscanner - you might find something that never appear obvious to you!

Very silly move.. They should have offered a triangular route with one of the less popular MEL or SYD flights, flying KUL-MEL-ADL-KUL for example..

MEL-ADL? They can get traffic rights?

Think triangular route doesn't match with D7 business. Remember they drop KUL-CMB-MLE-KUL?

Yes, it did not work even with fifth freedom rights. However, MLE is really a premium destination and LCCs will find it hard to make it work.

KUL-ADL-MEL is a different matter altogether and might work if D7 can pick up domestic pax too. This will help cover the additional costs of operating the ADL-MEL sector. However, I doubt D7 would want to introduce this additional complexity.

D7 should really look at acquiring smaller aircraft (e.g. A321neo LR or A330-800) for its thinner routes. Otherwise, it will have a very limited number of routes that can support operating the A330-300.

Yes, it did not work even with fifth freedom rights. However, MLE is really a premium destination and LCCs will find it hard to make it work.

KUL-ADL-MEL is a different matter altogether and might work if D7 can pick up domestic pax too. This will help cover the additional costs of operating the ADL-MEL sector. However, I doubt D7 would want to introduce this additional complexity.

D7 should really look at acquiring smaller aircraft (e.g. A321neo LR or A330-800) for its thinner routes. Otherwise, it will have a very limited number of routes that can support operating the A330-300.

No way D7 can do that, picking up domestic passengers? Which other foreign airlines have ever done that? Not to mention UA is also not allowed to pick up passengers on its MEL - SYD route before embarking to LAX, even SQ is also not allowed to do the SIN - SYD - LAX route.

There is no need to pick up pax with fifth freedom.. AirAsiaX is about filling seats. There are no crewing problems with this arrangement. They just par two leaner flights together. Pax probably won't care - as long as the price is right and you get better aircraft/crew utilization!

*pair

How about AK consider an A320 service KUL-DRW-ADL service? They won't need as many seats to fill.

poor choice... how long is the flight from KUL to DRW? Supposedly if more than 4 to 5 hours, D7 would fly the route. But then again, DRW is already being served by MH now. I also wonder how MH did on the KUL - DRW route.

Triangular route is bean counter solution to subload destinations. Statistically, it is not easy to obtain full load and maximize yield on triangular route.

Take kul-mle-cmb-kul as an example.

On kul-mle sector; pax are kul-mle and kul-cmb.

On mle-cmb sector; pax are kul-cmb and mle-kul.

On cmb-kul sector; pax are mle-kul and cmb-kul.

Full load is only possible when kul-mle=mle-kul and kul-cmb=cmb-kul.

Triangular route add minimum 2 hours journey time, if given a choice, few pax will choose. Hence, few triangular routes is popular.

When mh was operating kul-syd-bne-kul; kul-bne pax need to go through security check at Syd and could have their duty free confiscated, which was not popular.

If qr had doh-kul-hkt-doh instead of kul-kul-hkt Vv, beside qr wouldn't able to start doh-hkt non-stop, their doh-kul market share would suffered also.

Believe d7 need a332 for thinner route.

Edited by KK Lee

There is no need to pick up pax with fifth freedom.. AirAsiaX is about filling seats. There are no crewing problems with this arrangement. They just par two leaner flights together. Pax probably won't care - as long as the price is right and you get better aircraft/crew utilization!

*pair

Are you sure? I think it will be hard for the crew to do 2 sectors, be it KUL-ADL-MEL or ADL-MEL-KUL. Flight time limitation might come into the consideration.

Just another argument on why the triangular route is not viable with D7.

Triangular routes are never good. I remember the old days (in the 80s) when MH used to fly to SYD/MEL as a triangular route!

Triangular routes are never good. I remember the old days (in the 80s) when MH used to fly to SYD/MEL as a triangular route!

There are reasons why kL and lh didn't have ams-kul-cgk-ams and fra-bkk-kul-fra instead of ams-kul-cgk and fra-bkk-kul Vv. It seems only less than well managed airline have triangular route.

KUL ADL AKL? can pick pax up on across the ditch route. EK has quite a number if flights from bne,syd,mel to akl.Kul mel 7.30 hours,adl akl 4.50 hours.

Sign in to follow this