MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Alif A. F.

Searching Flight Frequencies between Cities (using Google)

I guess some of you already know this feature. Apparently when we want to know whether there are direct flights available from our city to somewhere else on the globe, Google makes available this cool feature in its search engine to let us know the fastest flights from, say KUL to BKI. Here are few examples:

1) If you type 'Kuala Lumpur direct flights' in the Google search engine and you happen to be at Kota Kinabalu, the result will turn like this:

f448eh.jpg

2) If you want to know how many cities with non-stop air connection to KUL, you can type 'direct flights from Kuala Lumpur', and the result will be like this:

1zmhu6x.jpg

The list of cities continues...

3) If you want to know if there is any direct (non-stop) and fastest connection available from KUL to say, Montreal, type 'Kuala Lumpur to Montreal flights', the result will yield like this:

j798qc.jpg

So, no non-stop flights to Montreal from KUL. But, Google will yield results for the list of connecting flights starting from the quickest duration upwards.

Not as perfect as official flight routes and mapping software such as Innovata (which is only available for aviation related companies). But for the general public like many of us, it is sufficient enough (if we exclude the price of course).

For flights, I usually use Google with :

1) Flight tracking (though not very accurate for domestic (Malaysia) sectors)

typing: "MH2743" -will bring up flight status

2) Flight options from A to B

typing: "flights KUL to SIN" -helps during fare searches, so I know which airline websites to go to

This is quite a handy tool to start with, then check the individual airlines for the pricing.

Sign in to follow this