MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley Lee

MH Upgrade

Just to update that I already have my miles credited to my account. I wrote in an email to Enrich with the boarding pass, original ticket and new e-ticket.

Based on the boarding pass alone, it will show an award ticket class. Most probably that is why it does not get updated automatically.

Just to update that I already have my miles credited to my account. I wrote in an email to Enrich with the boarding pass, original ticket and new e-ticket.

Based on the boarding pass alone, it will show an award ticket class. Most probably that is why it does not get updated automatically.

From my understanding - the real reason it doesn't update properly is actually not because it's marked as an award ticket.

Enrich award tickets for business book into D at the lowest level, and U for other oneworld carriers booking on MH.

Whereas MH upgrade books into I.

It is because 1) I class itself doesn't map out to anything that earns (no oneworld carrier, MH included, gives miles or points for MH I)

2) The system also populates the FQTU field with your enrich number with the new I class booking (standard revenue bookings put your enrich number in the FQTV field).

Having the number in the FQTU field somehow inhibits earnings (this is a double whammy and kinda redundant since via point 1 you won't earn anyway)

Everything has to be retro claimed manually

What then follows for me is rather ironic:

If i buy an higher, more expensive MH fare, I will not upgrade - the reason is that if I buy a L,V,S or higher fare on MH, i will credit to either my AAdvantage or BAEC account. Having to retroclaim manually with those 2 is super troublesome.

Better I just leave it unupgraded and it will automatically credit properly.

If i buy a cheaper MH fare, like O, Q or N - i will more likely upgrade, because they don't earn on AA or BA , I'll just retro claim later on MH which is easier as they have the underlying ticket on hand.

I understand what you saying but 3 out of every 5 MHupgrade tkts that I've used are credited automatically into my Enrich accts. So there is no clear trend...

And a few times, even Enrich redemption tkts are also automatically credited with Enrich miles. Talk about double dipping!

I understand what you saying but 3 out of every 5 MHupgrade tkts that I've used are credited automatically into my Enrich accts. So there is no clear trend...

I or the base economy miles ? If it's I business - I have no explanation. If it's the base - then somebody has been kind enough to remove the FQTU entry and retained the FQTV

And a few times, even Enrich redemption tkts are also automatically credited with Enrich miles. Talk about double dipping!

That one another story. Best not mentioned publicly ;)

From my understanding - the real reason it doesn't update properly is actually not because it's marked as an award ticket.

Enrich award tickets for business book into D at the lowest level, and U for other oneworld carriers booking on MH.

Whereas MH upgrade books into I.

It is because 1) I class itself doesn't map out to anything that earns (no oneworld carrier, MH included, gives miles or points for MH I)

2) The system also populates the FQTU field with your enrich number with the new I class booking (standard revenue bookings put your enrich number in the FQTV field).

Having the number in the FQTU field somehow inhibits earnings (this is a double whammy and kinda redundant since via point 1 you won't earn anyway)

Everything has to be retro claimed manually

I guess you are right.Sorry for the confusion :blush:

Still finding my way to understand all this booking class codes...haha

Just wondering.

I have a BKI-KUL-SYD flight on economy coming up next month.

If I upgrade the BKI-KUL route to business, will I be able to use the KUL lounge for transit? Or is the access only for BKI lounge?

(KUL-SYD still on economy)

I doubt you may access to KUL lounge.

During your transit, your onward boarding pass will determine lounge access.

Unfortunately, your KUL-SYD on economy which make you disqualified.

Plus, MH didn't provide arrival lounge for business pax.

You may want to find out if an elite cardholder (e.g. Gold or Plat Enrich) can bring you in as a guest at the KUL lounge during the transit.

Maybe we should create a new lounge meet-up thread to facilitate guesting others etc

Thanks for the info!

Got 6 hours to bum around during transit, so was considering between lounging or catching a movie at the nearest cinema.

And thanks for the lounge guest idea. But I'll be travelling with a friend, so I don't think they will allow 2 guests.

Actually, it would be cool to have a social app/website for airport lounge guesting.. (Something like that airport transit dating website!)

Agreed on the sharp price increase for MHupgrade. I think one might be better off just to buy a biz fare upfront. There is not much savings these days. Gone were the days where I could just bid for RM300 for an upgrade to biz on a cheap Y class fare from KL to Seoul! And I was successful.

In the old days MHupgrade for a 2hour domestic flight would need minimum RM185. Chance for upgrades were also higher and not many people are aware of such bidding award. Nowadays it's difficult to get upgraded unless bid level is mid to near ceiling and it's low peak travel period.

Will be taking MH to LHR in Y for the first time in about 7 years (usually fly SQ, TK (J) or EK) and received the upgrade email. Minimum bid was around RM5000+ each way. Curious what an upgrade to Z would be if its available.

Was a bit taken aback considering that regional upgrades are not usually that much of an increase in percentage terms.

I think thats a steep price to pay for an upgrade.

And the upgraded booking class is I for India, not Zulu.

ok thanks, assumed it was Z for a paid upgrade (not bid) based on a previous post.

Sign in to follow this