MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley Lee

MH Upgrade

They actually don't charge you the full amount you're bidding. They just take out RM1 as initial authorisation.

Well, i have tried it for my incoming CNY tkt. my credit card charged bidding amount + RM1. :(

24. The fare conditions for the original Ticket purchased by the Passenger, which includes, but is not limited to, cancellation policies, change fees, baggage allowance, and rules relating to the accrual of frequent flyer miles shall remain unchanged and in effect and will be applicable even if Passenger Upgrade Offer has been accepted and Passenger has been upgraded.

Glad to know they still retain miles accrual according to the original fare code. I'm like this MH Upgrade because my company always bought Economy L/V/S/K/M/Y/B/H fare for domestic and regional routes.

Well, i have tried it for my incoming CNY tkt. my credit card charged bidding amount + RM1. :(

If MH charge bidding amount before bidding is closed could means they are using for cash flow.

If MH charge bidding amount before bidding is closed could means they are using for cash flow.

same like optiontown

Glad to know they still retain miles accrual according to the original fare code. I'm like this MH Upgrade because my company always bought Economy L/V/S/K/M/Y/B/H fare for domestic and regional routes.

In theory, you get the miles. But there's a chance the miles don't post and when you file a claim they'll pull that "oh you were on an award ticket" nonsense.

But just noticed while doing a booking that MAS now charges a min rm5 to above rm10 for seat selections - just like budget carriers which is like a drop for MH as it never charges for seat selection like any other legacy airlines. How can this minuscule charge going to help in reducing its rm12 BILLION debt ! MH must look at the big picture instead of in this seat selection.

This has been their practice quite sometime now. However you can still select your seats when you check in or via online check in up to 48 hours before your departure.

But just noticed while doing a booking that MAS now charges a min rm5 to above rm10 for seat selections - just like budget carriers which is like a drop for MH as it never charges for seat selection like any other legacy airlines. How can this minuscule charge going to help in reducing its rm12 BILLION debt ! MH must look at the big picture instead of in this seat selection.

Like limkj said, MAS has been doing this for quite some time. Your air fare class or FFP status will dictate whether you are eligible for free advance seat selection. Plenty of airlines are doing this these days including the very profitable Cathay Pacific Group.

This has been their practice quite sometime now. However you can still select your seats when you check in or via online check in up to 48 hours before your departure.

Or buy from their ticketing office. I got upper deck seat on A380 without seat selection fee. If i bought thru website, MH will charge RM100ish. They do charge reservation fee but less than you paid for upper deck seat selection fee.

Btw, this is a normal practice for European carriers. I have no issue.

Or buy from their ticketing office. I got upper deck seat on A380 without seat selection fee. If i bought thru website, MH will charge RM100ish. They do charge reservation fee but less than you paid for upper deck seat selection fee.

Btw, this is a normal practice for European carriers. I have no issue.

Mh could adopt many of u.s and European carriers practice to increase revenue e.g seat selection, meal upgrade, etc but if their competitors are not adopting similar measures, mh are more likely to turn off customers.

Mh could adopt many of u.s and European carriers practice to increase revenue e.g seat selection, meal upgrade, etc but if their competitors are not adopting similar measures, mh are more likely to turn off customers.

I like MH's seat selection policy - but there's a very specific reason behind it.

MH's policy of asking you to pay for selection means that you can actually get bulkheads and emex seats on booking. If you talk about "competitors" nearby, like TG and SQ, they don't charge, but they also block these prized seats off until check-in aka lucky draw session.

I'll pay for the peace of mind, thank you.

I like MH's seat selection policy - but there's a very specific reason behind it.

MH's policy of asking you to pay for selection means that you can actually get bulkheads and emex seats on booking. If you talk about "competitors" nearby, like TG and SQ, they don't charge, but they also block these prized seats off until check-in aka lucky draw session.

I'll pay for the peace of mind, thank you.

Yup, MH's seat selection policy is good but only pax unable to buy & select blocked (emergency row) seat even through online checkin. Emergency seat is my favorite and normally I prefer counter checkin so I can request for it. As FFP Gold/Sapphire member, I'm always lucky given emergency row when travelling in EY class even I don't request. :)

dont really prefer bulkhead seats - as these seats are mostly just infront of the plane's galley or toilets - and furthermore as these are also for pax with infants - the chances of gettiing a crying baby next to you or nearby is not a good thing.

On my flights on BI, they ask able body male to seat at the emex row if there is no one there. So you might want to choose aisle seat 1 row just behind the emex.

I like the term able body...in my case...busy body...I would GLADLY assit a crew in opening the emergency exit...speaking of which...i might try MH upgrade on my Dec trip to KL...that is if I am offered...does it include access to golden lounge???

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

I like the term able body...in my case...busy body...I would GLADLY assit a crew in opening the emergency exit...speaking of which...i might try MH upgrade on my Dec trip to KL...that is if I am offered...does it include access to golden lounge???

Yup, MHUpgrade Golden lounge accessible.

Just got upgraded for my KUL SBW flight despite only bidding the absolute minimum allowed,RM160. I guess if J has empty seats,they will give it to the bidders,regardless of bidding amount. In the reissued eticket, the fare class is I. With the original fare that I paid plus the upgrade,it only amounted to about RM300++.

I got upgraded by bidding the minimum of RM660 for DXB-KUL leg. Load was 50% in J. Usually the miles will be credited within one or two days, but this takes longer than expected after this upgrade.

Last minute upgrade at the Golden Lounge is about RM3.5k, so RM660 is a steal IMHO

I got upgraded by bidding the minimum of RM660 for DXB-KUL leg. Load was 50% in J. Usually the miles will be credited within one or two days, but this takes longer than expected after this upgrade.

Last minute upgrade at the Golden Lounge is about RM3.5k, so RM660 is a steal IMHO

Sounds good! My firend and his family managed to bid at minimum amount to be upgraded to J for his recent Bali flight. Guess what he bought MH promo lowest tier fare. What a steal!

are you sure? my upgraded flight has voided the enrich miles

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/plan/MHupgrade/about-mhupgrade/terms-and-conditions.html

number 26

Edited by Dr Chuo Hock Tieng

are you sure? my upgraded flight has voided the enrich miles

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/plan/MHupgrade/about-mhupgrade/terms-and-conditions.html

number 26

My previous flight got upgraded with no miles also

I have yet to receive my miles yet, which I mentioned it took longer than expected. I will be emailing Enrich next week if my Enrich miles are not credited yet.

Read the FAQ. We should be receiving the Enrich miles based on the original booking class.

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/plan/MHupgrade/about-mhupgrade/faq.html

Will I receive extra Enrich Miles if I am successfully upgraded?

No. Enrich Miles can only be earned for the original booking class.

Sounds good! My firend and his family managed to bid at minimum amount to be upgraded to J for his recent Bali flight. Guess what he bought MH promo lowest tier fare. What a steal!

How much is the minimum bid for DPS?

Sign in to follow this