MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
iwan

Merdeka Parade 2014 (Dataran Merdeka)

Sharing my shots form todays event. Was really touched by the emotions and spirits at the venue. Place was packed as early as 7.00am

Arrived at 6.30AM hoping to be the first guy there, but was met by hundreds of people who apparently were more 'semangat' than me.

Couldnt secure a good vantage point which was quite a bummer.

Anyway,today was my first attempt at shooting RAW, the burst speed was not up to my expectation maybe because of my vintage D90 kit.Unsure if ishould continue using RAW in the future. So far seeing more disadvantages than advantages. Editing wise im still picking up on the amazing options now available to me, would really welcome advice and tips from the taikos here. :)

Anyway here are some of the aerial shots i got today

DSC_0461.jpg

DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0353.jpg

DSC_0355.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0382.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0386.jpg

DSC_0400.jpg

DSC_0403.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0415.jpg

DSC_0416.jpg

DSC_0417.jpg

DSC_0425.jpg

DSC_0421.jpg

A link to my fb album. Not sure if it will work

https://www.facebook.com/iwan.shafiee/media_set?set=a.10152239635366712.1073741838.631291711&type=1

Thanks for viewing! :)

Others are welcomed to share your bit if you were at the event!

Edited by iwan

Sharing my shots form todays event. Was really touched by the emotions and spirits at the venue. Place was packed as early as 7.00am

Arrived at 6.30AM hoping to be the first guy there, but was met by hundreds of people who apparently were more 'semangat' than me.

Anyway,today was my first attempt at shooting RAW, the burst speed was not up to my expectation maybe because of my vintage D90 kit.Unsure if ishould continue using RAW in the future. So far seeing more disadvantages than advantages. Editing wise im still picking up on the amazing options now available to me, would really welcome advice and tips from the taikos here. :)

DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0400.jpg

DSC_0403.jpg

DSC_0415.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/iwan.shafiee/media_set?set=a.10152239635366712.1073741838.631291711&type=1

DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0400.jpg

DSC_0403.jpg

DSC_0415.jpg

Was there too....on duty

To make sure I was not too late for the event (Not a morning person), I booked myself at a nearby hotel and true, people started to flock the place since 6 am.

haha i would consider that for future shows. At a crowded event like that im not sure whats the best way to secure a good space. I intended to be on the top terrace beside the stage to get good pics but like i said, was fully occupied from the time i arrived. standing there would give me a full view of the event without being blocked by a head, a police officer, a wrongly time nudge or a random object. AND i can stand whenever i like being on the top most terrace. The palm trees along Dataran also made it challenging to focus on the planes from my desired angle.

considered bringing a stool or ladder and standing at the back of the line next time since i have a long zoom.

However, im glad Malaysians from all walks of life thronged the venue. Even some warga emas who had to sit after awhile made their way there. Felt sorry for them as the young ones who got seats didnt even offer a space.

Great shot iwan.

Regarding raw, get faster memory card. Shooting raw only give u added advantage in editing. Thats why file size is huge.

Great shot iwan.

Regarding raw, get faster memory card. Shooting raw only give u added advantage in editing. Thats why file size is huge.

Thanks Hon Kit! I actually 'invested' in a class 10, 80mbps card just for the event to try out the RAW capabilities. But read somewhere that it might have been an overkill since the D90 itself is incapable of writing at that speed.

Iwan, thanks for sharing the Merdeka shots. :)

I think the D90's buffer is very small - so you have to wait till the buffer is cleared before you can resume shooting! A faster card does help a little, not much...

WOW.. MIG jets

No MiGs - they are Sukhois and Hawks.

Sign in to follow this